Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Reading that both Lions coordinators have been interviewed for head coaching positions this week. Is this standard procedure in the NFL? From what I've seen in other sports you don't interview assistants during a team's playoff run. You wait until their season is over.
    This is how it works in the NFL unfortunately. The day a team's season ends they can go looking for new coaching/management. Huge interference for playoff teams.

And the Lions are off to the NFC Championship for the first time since January 1992!

STILL ALL IN LION KINGZ!

The Cats cut those cuthroat pirates.

LIONS 31
    BUCCANEERS 23

Nice start for interception

[[Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass deep middle intended for M.Evans INTERCEPTED by C.Gardner-Johnson at DET 47. C.Gardner-Johnson pushed ob at TB 41 for 12 yards [[C.Mauch).

Goff kept the TD's going.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle to J.Reynolds for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

C.Reynolds up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Gibbs left tackle for 31 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Goff pass short right to A.St. Brown for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

And the Interception seal the deal...

[[No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short middle intended for C.Otton INTERCEPTED by D.Barnes at TB 28. D.Barnes to TB 28 for no gain [[C.Otton).

Hype those Lions up Campbell. NFC Championship here we come!

I’ll bet the 49ers would have rather played the Bucs. Lions had too much firepower for Tampa Bay.

Between the 49ers and Lions, the healthier squad will win next week. I hope that James Houston, Kalif Raymond, and Alex Anzalone are ready to go next week.

The betting odds -- which in my jaundiced view are nothing more than organized crime's message telling referees whom to favor -- tell me that, if all else fails, Detroit will be robbed next week on a crooked penalty call. Will it be a bad offside call? Bad roughing the passer call? Unsportsmanlike conduct?

Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers betting odds
    Opening game lines and odds from BetMGM as of Sunday night:

Spread: 49ers [[-7).

Over/under: 51 points.

Moneyline: 49ers [[-300), Lions [[+240).

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The betting odds -- which in my jaundiced view are nothing more than organized crime's message telling referees whom to favor -- tell me that, if all else fails, Detroit will be robbed next week on a crooked penalty call. Will it be a bad offside call? Bad roughing the passer call? Unsportsmanlike conduct?
    Wow, the lights aren’t even off at Ford Field after this awesome victory. Not much fun at parties are ya Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Wow, the lights aren’t even off at Ford Field after this awesome victory. Not much fun at parties are ya Henry?
    No, not much fun at parties. And not much of a gambling man.

This team isn’t afraid of anyone or anything. They overcome adversity, legacy, injury and being an underdog on the road. See week 1. They did a fantastic job making into the NFC championship game. Not easy in this league. No worries Henry, there is no shortage of enthusiastic fans. Bring on the niners and Go Lions!
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-21-24 at 11:15 PM.

It’s a fandemic!

A contagion passed by fist bumps, high fives and silent head nods.

enjoy the infection. I am.

They played their azzes off as a cohesive team, fans & city highly deserve, great win!

I do give "throw-away" Baker Mayfield credit for turning the Bucs around & then playing a great playoff game going down to the last minutes. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers betting odds
    Opening game lines and odds from BetMGM as of Sunday night:

Spread: 49ers [[-7).

Over/under: 51 points.

Moneyline: 49ers [[-300), Lions [[+240).
    After the Lions/Cowboys debacle no official would want to make a bad call just to offset the game. Lions going to the Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    After the Lions/Cowboys debacle no official would want to make a bad call just to offset the game. Lions going to the Superbowl
    Lions draw controversial referee for NFC Championship against the 49ers [[yahoo.com)

Thank goodness it's not Brad Allen. This guy couldn't be any worse.

Love all the back stories that are coming out in celebration of the Detroit Lions playing in the NFC Championship!

The WSU professor behind the Detroit Lions' fight song
    https://today.wayne.edu/news/2024/01...ght-song-61473

‘Sorry, Lions, I just couldn’t wait’: Grandfather leaves message for Detroit on his gravestone

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...is-gravestone/

Just adds to the fun and the memories! Go Lions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Love all the back stories that are coming out in celebration of the Detroit Lions playing in the NFC Championship!

The WSU professor behind the Detroit Lions' fight song
    https://today.wayne.edu/news/2024/01...ght-song-61473

‘Sorry, Lions, I just couldn’t wait’: Grandfather leaves message for Detroit on his gravestone

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...is-gravestone/

Just adds to the fun and the memories! Go Lions!!
    I am with you Kathleen. I especially enjoy these stories of long term far flung loyal Lions fans.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/col...h/72368588007/

another from the opposite side of the globe…

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...s/72370078007/

All of this is a refreshing breath of fresh air away from the very tired old negative narratives about Detroit and the Lions.

Go Lions!

A simple gift creates a lifelong Lions fan in London — and can you help him?
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/col...h/72368588007/

How a Detroit Lions player honored fan in hospice who copied his blue hair: ‘Best fans in the world’
    https://www.today.com/parents/family...air-rcna135078

Go Lions!! Let's go Honolulu Blue and Silver!!

And Go Larry!!!

ALL WELL BACK TO THE SAME OLE LIONS!

The miners 49ers claimed their Super Bowl Gold.

49ERS 34
    LIONS 31

Our offensive pack some TD points.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle to J.Williams for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Gibbs right end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Lions got the commanding lead 24-7.

Now here comes the goofed up defense!

FOR THE 49ers quick rush drive scores.

J.Moody 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-T.Pepper, Holder-M.Wishnowsky.

E.Mitchell up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

This will goofy goff's big mistake that cost us to tie the game from the 30 yard line to the our redzone. Making a 4th down conversion.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short left to J.Reynolds.

Then our defense slow down and suck!

J.Gibbs up the middle to DET 25 for no gain [[T.Gipson). FUMBLES [[T.Gipson), RECOVERED by SF-A.Armstead at DET 24.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep right to A.St. Brown.

Sounds like the same ole Lions since 1991. Oh Well They were ALL IN but it's always next year! Campbell will keep his job. And Goff will stay.

I would like to say congratulations Lions on a well down season. A great rebuilding an ALL IN team that will need. One day The Lions will make the Super Bowl One day.

Bobby Layne CURSE YOU!
    Last edited by Danny; January-28-24 at 10:08 PM.

There was a few tough bounces in this one. You could watch 500 50 yard completions and not one of them would hit the defender square in the face mask and bounce up in the air for a completed catch dang it.

The "Same Old Lions" would never be in the NFC Championship to begin with. Get outta here with that. They came farther this year than they had in decades, and remember that they were the underdogs in this game to begin with. It's the fact that we had such a strong lead early that makes it painful.

The defense needs to tighten up - just full stop. Giving up 27 points in a half is pretty insane, even in this league. The offense was great in the first half but totally collapsed in the second as well. Reynolds was dropping routine passes, easy plays were missed due to poor execution.

I want to say "Lions will be back" but plenty of teams have said the same after a tough loss before and never really come back the next year. I hope this wasn't just lightning in a bottle and we truly do get another chance next go.

I like Dan Campbell a lot just not right now. They should have kicked that field goal when they had that 14-point lead. The game turned around after that. I did not like that call; I think Campbell has a tendency to be reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I like Dan Campbell a lot just not right now. They should have kicked that field goal when they had that 14-point lead. The game turned around after that. I did not like that call; I think Campbell has a tendency to be reckless.
    Yep. Those 3 points would have been nice to have at the end of that game. Overtime is a better chance to win than a offsides kick
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-29-24 at 12:44 AM.

Goff didn't look sharp. Horrible coaching decisions. Average High School coach wouldn't have done that dumb crap.

This team will learn from their mistakes and will probably go all the way next year. Dan Campbell will probably not take risks in the 4th down as he had done this season. Defense will tighten things up. Goff will improve at scrambling. This will be a more experience team next season

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast