Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Great human being, great father, great musician. Farewell Rodriguez.

Below Rodriguez at the 4th Street Fair in 2008.

Name:  53911-Rodriguez-1400.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  53905-Rodriguez-1400.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  104.5 KB

This album came out in, I think, 1970. His song I Wonder got some air play on Detroit radio. I bought the LP and played it often. When I moved from vinyl to digital, I sold the LP to someone in Australia. He was far popular in Australia and Africa than in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tTacSzZRo

Detroit folk rock singer Rodriguez dies at 81
    Sixto Rodriguez, the Detroit folk rocker who was rediscovered in an award-winning documentary in 2012, has died at 81, according to his official website.

Where was he living and which school did he attend.

He lived on Avery. His school prior to WSU???

Nice that there was a Rodriguez 81st Birthday Party held at the Cadieux Cafe on July 10. He was feted by some of Detroit's greatest musicians and many friends and fans!

https://www.grossepointenews.com/art...-cadieux-cafe/

rest in peace, sir.

Sixto Rodriguez Sideways Festival Helsinki 08 06 2018
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-16-23 at 06:56 PM.

"Searching for Sugarman" is an excellent film that tells an incredible story.

Since someone [[above) asked, I believe Sixto Rodriguez lived in Woodbridge. I wanted to request an on-camera interview with him due to the fact that I work in the media.

Matthew Loflin Davis [['Django' on this forum) was in a relationship with Beth Breidenstein, who was apparently a friend of Sixto Rodriguez.

I knew Django and I know Beth, but I never got around to asking Beth if she could help co-ordinate an interview with Sixto on my behalf.
    Last edited by night-timer; August-22-23 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    "Searching for Sugarman" is an excellent film that tells an incredible story.
    I'm generally not a fan of Netflix or any of the streaming channels but I will say that it allowed millions of people, including myself, access to this great film, which otherwise I likely never would have seen.

NightTimer, Django introduced me to Sixto at the Old Miami. He was really quiet and was several years before that documentary came out.

I would have to confess to my ignorance. I did not have any idea he was an icon because he looked like an old guy while wearing dark glasses indoors.

wish I could have seen him perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    wish I could have seen him perform.
    There's a documentary on him, "Searching For Sugarman", that tells his story and has footage of some his performances. Next best thing to being there.