Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Detroit's Legendary 'Queen of Crafts' Carol Duvall ~ Dies at 97

Those of you growing up in Detroit in the 1960s and 1970s will remember Channel 4's Carol Duvall, with her own craft show, and other local broadcasting...

Carol Duvall, HGTV's 'Queen of Crafts' and legendary Detroit TV personality, dies at 97 [[msn.com)

Like Sony Elliott, Rita Bell, Soupy Sales, Bill Kennedy and others, she was a local legend. RIP Carol.

Later in Carol Duvall's career she hosted The Carol Duval Show on HGTV from 1994-2005.

Many tributes on HGTV... where they call her the forerunner to Martha Stewart...

HGTV Issues Statement on the Death of Longtime Host [[msn.com)

This saddens me; I remember her when I was a girl and first learned that pipe cleaners could be used for crafting and if they had longer "hairs" on them that they were bump chenille. I loved her Christmas craft kits that we could buy at Frank's or make out of what we could scrounge up at home and looked forward to her 5 minute "show" after the Channel 4 news in the morning. RIP Carol. You made an impression on a little girl