I don't support this idea.

Detroit City Council members initially eyed changing the name to "Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza," a move proposed by Councilmember Mary Waters. One of the plaza's "most momentous occasions" included hosting the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. after the 1963 Freedom Walk, where he delivered the precursor to his famous “I Have A Dream” speech, according to the proposed resolution. But after Tuesday's session, Waters told reporters the proposed resolution has been updated to call for naming it "Hart/King Plaza."
Voting on the proposed change is expected to take place after Labor Day, which is when council members return from their August recess. The resolution is moving to the Neighborhood and Community Services Standing Committee on Thursday for discussion.Waters said in a statement to the Free Press that the measure came about from conversations she had with constituents in northwest Detroit who were "appalled by the violence" in the city.

"They wanted to see us have a place in Detroit that lived up to Dr. King's mission of nonviolence, of peacefully welcoming all. What better place to embody the spirit of Dr. King than the site where he gave" a version of "his famous 'I Have a Dream' speech?' " Waters said.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...a/70462222007/