Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default More Mass Layoffs Underway at Ford

Although Ford's leadership is being extremely cagey about the exact numbers, some estimate the final number could be in the thousands as it seeks to trim $3 billion in expenses.

These layoffs will only impact the US and Canada.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...da-2023-06-27/

If they'd stop putzing about the electric vehicles and refocus on quality they could regain their full footing!

But in the south the Ford/ EV governmental cozy-ups may help, ala Green promises-promises:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...en-technology/

From article:

Ford’s expansion into electric vehicles are already under construction in Kentucky and Tennessee through a joint venture called BlueOval SK, owned by the Michigan automaker and South Korean battery giant SK On Co. Ford plans to make as many as 2 million EVs by 2026, a huge increase from the roughly 132,000 it produced last year.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-28-23 at 08:04 AM.

The UAW President and its union are ready to face this layoff and buyouts.
    Don't play the cutback game Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The UAW President and its union are ready to face this layoff and buyouts.
    Don't play the cutback game Ford.
    I thought I read that this round of cuts is supposed to be just for white collar jobs?

If so, than the unions won't be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I thought I read that this round of cuts is supposed to be just for white collar jobs?
    Correct.

My LinkedIn feed has been full of goodbyes from various Ford software engineers this week. I am **so thankful** I didn't take their [low ball] offer back when there was an opportunity a few years back.