Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Here 'they' go again, that is, the 'basic-white' obsession with the trials and tribulations of our former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

Philosophically, I've came to the conclusion that the entire Kwame Kilpatrick conspiracy, as it relates to how the 'basic-white' people feel about what they claim as a 'black obsession' or 'black paranoia' or African people's hostility toward the entire bulwark of white racism, and white people [[or the white-man holding us back), may just be a reality.

If an individual have multiple sources of force, coercion, and hatred coming at them, [[which many of Africans living in amerikkka do daily)__prison industrial complex, racism in the criminal justice system, disgraceful school system, police brutality, high unemployment, just to name a few. To what degree do we begin to think that our so-called 'paranoia' and 'obsession' could actually be justified.

To my point, if the 'basic-white' people can sustain the level of psychic, and outward hatred against a Black man utilizing a corrupt system, compared to a history of white racist governments and 'basic-white' people who benefited from the same corrupt system, and 'they' are obsessed and convinced with just ONE tiny example of 'violating principles' ,[[ in this case, the Kilpatrick conspiracy), then, in correlation to their obsession of our ex-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, and 'their' disbelief of Black inequality, [[or as they claim Black paranoia), maybe 'they' might not be believable and creditable.

'They' desire immediate retribution from a corrupt system. 'WE' WANT RETRIBUTION FROM 400 YEARS OF A RACIST SYSTEM. IF your obsession is believable, then our is as well__go figure!

blksoul-atcha!
    The BJL, we are a movement by ourselves!
    This is not about Black or White. It's about criminal activity and narcasistic behavior. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Do you really think because Kwame is black and educated, he should be treated any differentially than Blaknovich[[sp) from Chicago? Anyone whom commits a crime, should pay the price. I've come to the conclusion there are two groups of people in Detroit that still support Kwame. The ignorant, uneducated, streetwise thug and those lonely women whom missed out on being one of his many mistressess. All others can see the bum for what he is, i.e. a conman!

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Here 'they' go again, that is, the 'basic-white' obsession with the trials and tribulations of our former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

Philosophically, I've came to the conclusion that the entire Kwame Kilpatrick conspiracy, as it relates to how the 'basic-white' people feel about what they claim as a 'black obsession' or 'black paranoia' ...... ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC forever
    Big yawn... more of the same-old-same-old from blksoul. Thanks for bringing our collective society down a few notches with your continuing obsession of BLACK vs. WHITE. The best of us are way past that.

Whether you're black, white, yellow, "basic-white", whatever--- you break the law, you gotta pay, one way or another.
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; September-18-09 at 10:23 AM.

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post

Whether you're black, white, yellow, "basic-white", whatever--- you break the law, you gotta pay, one way or another.
    I don't disagree with the above statement, however, what I'm talking about is the 'basic-white' obsession to seek retribution, that is to see a Black man metaphorically 'lynched' in the center of amerikkkas' public for his short-comings. At the same time, most 'basic-whites' refuse to understand the pain of amerikkkas' history of injustice imposed on Black Africans by the same institutions.

So then, if it is that hard for the 'basic-white' psychic to overcome a few isolated incidents of black inappropriate behavior within amerikkkas' institutional process, then IMAGINE enduring 400 years of institutional inappropriate behavior and what it feels like to the Black psychic__go figure!

blksoul-atcha!
    The BJL, we are a movement by ourselves!

One of the beauties of this forum is that anyone can offer an opinion.
    Bx: I enjoy reading the nonsense in your posts. "Basic white people" illustrates the generalities and prejudices of the writer. "Basic bullshit" is my respectful reply.

I'm fairly certain you won't find any of us looking like the colors from a Crayola crayon box. Black? White? Yellow? And I'm positive there's no basic-white. I'm going to go with tan for me...still while it's summer or maybe sepia.

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    C'mon now. You are all just intimidated by a "young strong black man". Y'all's boy didn't do anything wrong. It was LBP, "The Grand Dragon", that orchestrated all of this. Get off of his back! ; )
    You may be on to something Carman. I heard the same thing twice today.

I think retribution, punishment, revenge, whatever you might call it, is really rampant in our age. At one time, we as a nation worked toward penitence and rehabilitation. Now it seems all we want is to put them away and keep them away, regardless of crime or color. I do agree that the penal system has a disproportionate number of black people for whatever reason, and I do lean toward institutionally slanted justice as a reason. There are plenty of white criminals, and white collar crime [[disproportionately white representation) is usually treated much more leniently than all other crime.

All that being said, the ex-Mayor had all the leniency of a white collar criminal. He got a slap on the wrist sentence, served in a special cell with special privileges, and he landed in a very cushy interim place designed specially to help him meet his obligations. What does he do? Spends to the hilt and ignores his responsibilities. No wonder people are annoyed. Most people could easily make it on $4000 a month, which is what he is supposed to have left after he pays his monthly restitution, just from his salary. Most families, if the spouse has income, that is added into what the family can live on.

I checked the 2009 Federal Poverty Guidelines, and for a family of four in the Lower 48, the poverty line is $22,050. I don't feel sorry for the Kilpatricks.

Thank you JOHN BENNETT. I could not have said it better myself.

Livin' it up in Texas while Detroit suffers
    Eight years ago you couldn't say anything bad about the upstart mayoral candidate Kwame Kilpatrick. You would always here the words give the young man a chance. In 2005 after seeing what he could do or had done to take Detroit down a road of destruction the words became, " give the brother another chance, the devil you know is better than the one you don't know". Now as we watch former Mayor Kilpatrick in Texas living large in a million dollar home with two escalade's you could hardly hear a whisper from his supporters. Where did they go? Everybody can't be in Texas. We know that his dad Bernard is there and Dedan Milton his luggage and coat holder is already there or reportedly on his way. So where are the Kilpatrick loyalist as Detroit attempts to recover from the disaster that was? Good question. Lets hope none of them have lost their job, been a victim of crime, live next door to vacant or abandoned homes, relying on the soon to be cut bus service to get around, or soon to be indicted. The only one laughing right now is Kwame Kilpatrick, the rest of us are catchin' hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2