Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I hope the concert promoters [Live Nation, etc.] pay the city for the overtime when it comes to police managing traffic.
    Wish I could have gone. But I'd have to have just caught a bus downtown. Trying to drive and park would be out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Once I-375 gets capped, traffic will become even more horrendous. Some drivers now can go down the Chrysler to Jefferson to access some of the parking structures in the financial district. Once that route becomes clogged [a boulevard] it will become a bigger problem... especially if something is going on at Hart Plaza as well. I'm not saying I don't want them to cap I-375... but it should be no surprise to folks when that happens.
    It's possible, but even now, if I were going to park in the financial district, I wouldn't come from the east down Jefferson, especially if something were going on at Hart Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I hope the concert promoters [Live Nation, etc.] pay the city for the overtime when it comes to police managing traffic.
    Wish I could have gone. But I'd have to have just caught a bus downtown. Trying to drive and park would be out of the question.
    Promoters pay for police in the immediate area around a stadium but the extra tax revenue concerts this large bring in from hotels, restaurants, parking, retail sales etc. more than pays for police managing traffic.

Why we are not charging 6% sales tax on these event tickets defies all simple logic. Debate about what the revenue would be used for, absolutely argue away but not hanging 6 lousy points on a bunch of folks who have no problem dropping $500 a seat or 100K+ on suites to benefit the Taylor Swifts, Fords, Ilitches and Rock Nation is pure idiocy when property and income taxes are to damn high here.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-26-23 at 12:52 PM.

So folks around here, like forever, bitched and moaned that there was nothing to do in downtown.

They'd say "if only only there were stadiums to hold big concerts, it would bring people downtown and it would be like it was back in the day!"

They'd say "if only only there were stadiums to hold sporting events, it would bring people downtown and it would be like it was back in the day!"

They'd say "if only there were more commercial development, it would bring people downtown and it would be like it was back in the day!"

So you all have these things, now y'all got something else to bitch about.

Waaaaaaa! Too much traffic!

Waaaaaaa! Too many Swifties paying too much money! They should see a BRUCE concert instead to see what it's really about! Hey, for that matter, they should be overpaying to see the crypt keepers The Who! Remember them? Hoped to die for they got old? What about the Stones? With their multiple "One Foot in the Grave" tours, you know that they keep it reeeel and it's defiantly not about the money.

Waaaaaaa! Development is not happening quick enough, and if there name is not Gilbert, I'm going to bust multiple veins over the lack of progress!!

FLMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    This is the best solution I've heard. Find a piece of land outside of Downtown and Midtown, pave it, secure it, and run designated busses, clearly marked, on time, to major events.
    What, you mean like SMART Park and Ride that was a thing way back in the 80s?

^ Back when people where a bit more civil as well. Bet.

Man Socks Woman in Face at Sub Station

But we're not NYC, so there's hope...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-28-23 at 08:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2