Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Vuori and Prada among new retailers coming to Somerset Collection

I honestly thought Prada already had a store here.

Vuori and Prada among new retailers coming to metro Detroit

A high-end athletic apparel brand is expanding into Michigan in one of its strongest-performing malls.Vuori, which offers athletic and activewear for men and women, plans to open a store June 16 at Somerset Collection in Troy. It will be the brand's third store in the Midwest, following stores in Chicago and Bloomington, Minn.
    The 3,746-square-foot store will be located on the second level of Somerset Collection's north end, between the Madewell and Aritzia apparel stores. Vouri, founded in 2014 by Joe Kudla, is headquartered in Carlsbad, Calif. The company, known for its popular joggers, focused on men's clothing initially, before launching a women's line in 2018. The company in 2021 raised $400 million as it works to open 100 stores.

Vuori is just one of a handful of new stores that will open at Somerset Collection this year.
    Prada is set to open its first Michigan store on the ground floor of the south part of the mall near Neiman Marcus, according to Somerset's website.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/retail...set-collection

I wish Vuori and Prada come to open business in Gilbert Town Detroit.

Gucci did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I wish Vuori and Prada come to open business in Gilbert Town Detroit.

Gucci did it.
    The Somerset Collection downtown had been reduced to carrying only Detroit items

I wonder if Northland and Eastland would have fared better had they changed their monikers from "Mall" to the much more snooty "Collection"?

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    I wonder if Northland and Eastland would have fared better had they changed their monikers from "Mall" to the much more snooty "Collection"?
    Northland Mall and Eastland Mall has warned out its style since the hood become 'ghetto-formed'. And what's left of our malls in Metro-Detroit Area will had to come up with the gimmicks fast before Amazon lets customers buy at their online mall.

Brooks Brothers closed down for good.

But Hermes and Breitling both opened stores.

Omega moved to a smaller space.

Heuer has been "coming soon" since late last year, but construction has finally begun.

And last time I was there a month or so ago there was a large glass box sort of thing between the J. Alexanders and Capital Grill with clothing displays inside. It was announcing a new store,... [and I'm not making this up],.. called "Moose Knuckle". It looks like they're going to sell colorful sportswear?
    Last edited by Rocket; June-16-23 at 10:38 PM.

French fragrance boutique Diptyque opens first Michigan store

A French luxury fragrance and home design brand is opening its first store in Michigan at Somerset Collection in Troy.
    Diptyque opened Thursday on the first floor of the north side of the mall, between M.A.C. Cosmetics and Tesla. It sells eaux de parfum, cologne, scented candles and perfume oil diffusers.Diptyque is an ancient Greek word for a painting or sculpture comprising two parts.

The design of the Troy store is inspired by a Paris apartment, according to a news release. The interior features concrete columns designed to showcase a part of Detroit's industrial past. Throughout the store, shoppers will see decor and candleholders featuring the work of several artists.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/retail...set-collection