Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default help with 1994 dates

I've been trying to date as many family pictures as possible and figure two sets from 1994 might be worth a shot here.

So in the fall my family went to Tiger Stadium, toured the locker room and went through the tunnel to the field and the bases. This was also the year of the baseball strike and no world series. It would have been October 22 or 23, a weekend but I'm not sure if it was a saturday or sunday. I tried contacting the Detroit Tigers using their website but have not heard back.
    Does anybody have any leads on checking what event this was. I assume it was something for season ticket holders since my dad was at the time.

The other event was later that year at Cobo Center. Gave a chance to meet Santa and other activities at what appeared to be the former cafe seating area right on the water. I believe the event was called Teddy Bear Tea. It was either right after Thanksgiving, right before Christmas or somewhere between. I figure it was mentioned in a small blurb somewhere in the papers but I don't have an easy way of searching through them.

Newspaper advertised Teddy Bear Tea for Friday, November 25th. But the paper on the 26th said "10:30 AM today" so maybe it was both days?

I don't see anything about a Tiger Stadium tour or open house in October... but they did have two in March of 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmessenger View Post
    I've been trying to date as many family pictures as possible and figure two sets from 1994 might be worth a shot here.

So in the fall my family went to Tiger Stadium, toured the locker room and went through the tunnel to the field and the bases. This was also the year of the baseball strike and no world series. It would have been October 22 or 23, a weekend but I'm not sure if it was a saturday or sunday. I tried contacting the Detroit Tigers using their website but have not heard back.
    Does anybody have any leads on checking what event this was. I assume it was something for season ticket holders since my dad was at the time.

The other event was later that year at Cobo Center. Gave a chance to meet Santa and other activities at what appeared to be the former cafe seating area right on the water. I believe the event was called Teddy Bear Tea. It was either right after Thanksgiving, right before Christmas or somewhere between. I figure it was mentioned in a small blurb somewhere in the papers but I don't have an easy way of searching through them.
    There's a good chance the Tiger Stadium event was for season ticket holders to pick out their tickets for next season. As seats become available season ticket holders get 1st choice to move before they go on sale to the general public. They combine this with a "thank you" with some free food to help with renewals.