Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Neighbors come together to capture rabid raccoon terrorizing children in Troy

At least we now know what a rabid raccoon looks like. Video at the link.

Neighbors come together to capture rabid raccoon terrorizing children in Troy

The DNR said it was not their problem. Oakland County did too. Neighbors pushed back on Oakland County Animal Control and were bounced around to various numbers and voicemails.

“It was frustrating because no one could seem to tell us what to do,” said neighbor Beth Regner.

Someone at the county told neighbors to just let the animal go on its way....
    If that isn't a clear sign of the decline of civilization, I don't know what is.

I have actually wrestled a "tamed" raccoon once. They are far stronger than they appear.

That ridiculous law to not trap rabid and dangerous animals must be lifted. I'm glad that the neighbors caught that rabid raccoon before to attacks anyone in that community. They risk their lives to protect their families.

Years ago when I was walking from work in Grosse Pointe Park neighborhood a saw a rabid raccoon on his last dying breath lying on a neighbor's walkway luckily I walked pass by it without being attack.
    Last edited by Danny; May-07-23 at 07:06 PM.

I kinda look at it as the advancement of civilization,who would have ever thought neighbors would actually come together for a solution to a problem instead of relying on the government to wipe their noses.

What is this the 1950s again?

There was a quicker and more humane way to deal with it but it worked out in the end,that’s the problem with saving the planet,Mother Nature had all kinds of critters out there that when their journey returns them to the urban environment humans can be no match for them.

I copied and pasted this from the comments,not sure if it is true or not.

Fun fact: you could kill a raccoon without obtaining a permit first. The DNR is also working to add more nuisance critters to that list.

For future reference here is a crock pot recipe for raccoon stew in order to enhance your cuisine choices.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/reci...recipe=1851974

When cornered raccoons are extremely dangerous,let alone a rabid one.
    Last edited by Richard; May-07-23 at 09:01 PM.