Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

rsa.313 hate to make you repost something but I looked through your list of posts and searched on here [[albeit I'm in a rush so I didn't search too hard) and found nothing =\

Default archives

The thread probably is in the archives. I'm new to the site and didn't notice a search function for each archive. If someone would post a link it would be helpful.

I have a bunch of old postcards of MCS that I can scan for you if you would like. As well as a book with pictures and some history of railroad depots in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    I have a bunch of old postcards of MCS that I can scan for you if you would like. As well as a book with pictures and some history of railroad depots in Michigan.
    That would be great! Thanks for the offer.

If the book is this one, though, I have it on order and should receive it in about a week:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073..._ya_oh_product

I love the Images of America books. I also have one called "Detroit's Michigan Central Station". You should check it out, there are a lot of interior pictures too. Architecture of train stations has always interested me. I've thought of making a website to post pictures of train station across the state. I have a lot of pictures you may be interested in seeing, though mine are mostly exterior. Anways, I will try to get the post cards scanned soon.

Zack, that's the book we've all been referring to as "the Arcadia book" thanks though

Check my flickr photostream for an article written right as the station opened [[which I found someone referring to in the archives), I will be posting more stuff as I find or have the time to photocopy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashtonp...7621870139708/

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    I love the Images of America books. I also have one called "Detroit's Michigan Central Station". You should check it out, there are a lot of interior pictures too. Architecture of train stations has always interested me. I've thought of making a website to post pictures of train station across the state. I have a lot of pictures you may be interested in seeing, though mine are mostly exterior. Anways, I will try to get the post cards scanned soon.
    Zack, Jack Marshall has a website at www.depotmaps.com with photos of many of the depots in Michigan, as well as most other states. I've contributed about 100 photos to his site in the last couple of years, including one of the Michigan Central Station that I took in July.

For some great views of Fort Street/Union Station buy a copy of the movie
    Detroit 9000, [[actually everyone on this forum SHOULD have at least one copy).

A key part of the movie was filmed there, the station was already closed at this point, but eveything was still in place, including all the approach tracks.

Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2