Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

First page covered it mostly. No need to read the other three.

Last time I was there was mid 90s while it was still mostly a decent place. Don't remember when Emily's closed, but that was a fun spot to browse around. Trapper's Alley was sort of unique at the time. There was too much dead space on the block to the west before you got to Fishbones and some bar I can't remember the name of. Old Shillelagh maybe?

Then came the end in the interests of greed.

This is just bizarre. Not during a heat of the moment altercation, but later outside he just calmly pulls out a gun and shoots the guard in the chest with cops all around. How do you possibly prevent people with that mentality? I also didn't know there were 5 shootings in Greektown that weekend.
    Last edited by 401don; April-24-23 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    This is just bizarre. Not during a heat of the moment altercation, but later outside he just calmly pulls out a gun and shoots the guard in the chest with cops all around. How do you possibly prevent people with that mentality? I also didn't know there were 5 shootings in Greektown that weekend.

Great questions. How do you prevent that? You can't. How do you prevent someone from having that mentality in their head? There is such a deep disregard for life happening here. Makes no sense. Around someone cutting in line? Do we have enough people in society affirming the value of life right now, especially in trivial situations? It doesn't feel like it. Then of course I wonder about the access to that gun and mental health of the shooter.

To stay on topic, Greektown is the scene for wildn' out right now. That scene has to move somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    How do you prevent that? You can't. How do you prevent someone from having that mentality in their head?
    "The city plans to install undercover police officers in crowded areas to monitor them for fights that could escalate to fatal violence."

Isn't that a little like STRESS?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    "The city plans to install undercover police officers in crowded areas to monitor them for fights that could escalate to fatal violence."

Isn't that a little like STRESS?
    Well if Detroit needs to Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets. Then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...Detroit needs to Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets...
    I'm old enough to remember when Detroit streets were safe. I'll wager that most city residents would support the deployment of STRESS units throughout all neighborhoods. Not just downtown in the Green Zone.