Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Public open house to discuss proposed connected and automated vehicle lane along I-94

MDOT is hosting a public open house on March 22nd for the automated vehicle lane planned for I-94 between Ann Arbor and Detroit. From what I gather, a lane will be built along I-94 each way. I wonder if MDOT will try to start this project next year since its planning to rebuild I-94 between Wayne Road and Beech Daly starting next year. Also, will this project tie in with the I-94 modernization project in Detroit.

The proposed CAV corridor project is a partnership between Cavnue and MDOT and envisions creating a CAV lane along each direction of I-94 between Ann Arbor and Detroit. The CAV lanes will enable a mix of CAVs, traditional transit, shared mobility, and personal vehicles. The proposed project will involve the installation of technology to enhance safety and efficiency for all users of the corridor. A public outreach process is underway pursuant to the requirements under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 to identify potential project impacts. Visit the CAV Corridor webpage for more information.
    https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/news-o...ane-along-i-94

That ought to be interesting,since CAV is still an ongoing experiment and somewhat dangerous,especially for those now deceased from the use of it.

Are they converting the fast lane or a lane or adding another lane?

Put CAV in the fast lane and they are going to get run over.

Needed a link:
    Visit the CAV Corridor webpage for more information.
    Which in turn links to www.cavnue.com.

^ bet you can find video from back in the 50- 60s that show all of those sexy highways and justification how they should run smack dab through the middle of the city for your convenience.

It’s one of those things,when it gets fluffed up as the best thing sense sliced cheese,you just have to ask,what is the catch ?

Why? Why not just build a rail line in the proposed lane? Have those who want to ride the rail park their vehicles in designated parking lots along the route and board the rail. Instead you have automated cars/driverless taxis carry four people at max along this lane. How many automated cars are you going to need? And are the stops along the freeway or just in Detroit and Ann Arbor? If there are tons of stops to allow passengers to get in and out of these taxis, how long is it going to take to get from one city to the other? SMH.

^ because that would actually make sense and reduce traffic and wear and tear on the roads,which is no good if you are in the road building business.

That’s the one thing they are not doing,removing the dependence on the actual automobile,instead spending billions to figure out how to dig more resources out of the ground.

The majority just go back n forth to work during the week,they could have little EVs for urban mobility then if you want to go out of town,drop off you car and get a road car for trips.

If they cannot find ways to make money,they have to create ways.

They tested CAV by gluing sensors to the roads like the reflectors,but that’s no fun,you cannot do stuff unless it involves hundreds of millions,no chump change stuff.

All this save the planet stuff is what they would call - *ss backward.

I kinda think this also boils down towards discriminatory practices because they are not adding horse and buggy lane and denying those that would chose that of their international right to movement.

The automotive industry is the one that went out of their way to destroy public transportation,even though they paid a fine,they should be forced to pay reparations and rebuild what they destroyed.

They have denied generational wealth because people could have saved money by taking public transportation and invested that savings in interest bearing accounts instead of being forced to steal peoples childhoods and destroy the planet with fossil fuel burning cars .
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-23 at 11:29 AM.