Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I Hate Hamtramck Nazis

Nazi flag flown in Hamtramck sparks outrage [[detroitnews.com)

P.S. Pretend there's a Blues Brothers meme here :[[
    'cuz I'm out of my picture allowance. :[[

3369 Doremus Street, Hamtramck has a smaller U.S. flag in streetview.

Smart people don't wear targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    3369 Doremus Street, Hamtramck has a smaller U.S. flag in streetview.

Smart people don't wear targets.
    stay classy guy

The owner states he didn't put it up and took it down when he saw it. This is the problem with outrage leading to retaliation, internet or otherwise. Maybe he put it up and had 2nd thoughts when he realized the repercussions or maybe someone else put it there because they didn't like the guy and thought it might invite a rock through his window. I suspect neighbors have an opinion if this is the sort of guy who would do such a thing but they can't be certain if they didn't see him hang it.
    He might have been wise to stick in a bucket on his lawn and burn it.
    Last edited by 401don; January-22-23 at 11:40 AM.

It would be nice to remove all the things from society that we find offensive.

Henry Ford and other American companies provided Germany with the funding and chemicals in order to wage war in the first place,it is highly unlikely that the Battle of Britain would have never been possible at that point in time had not U.S. companies provided the chemicals needed for the airplane fuel.

So do we now get to ban Fords?

JP Morgan/Chase diverted the funds from our economy while throwing it into a depression in order to fund Germanys war,they had neither the funding or technology to do anything,Hitler was a impotent little thug until U.S. interests gave him the power to unleash evil on the world.

Dont see anybody calling to demolish Chase banks.

The requirement for flying the American flag is if another flag of origin is flown the American flag must be flown above it.

Where I am at it is not uncommon to see flags of all nationalities being flown in there own,including some from countries that I do not approve of,but that does not trump their right to fly them.

It does not matter how offensive we find something personally,in this country we do not get to pick and choose who and what we favor unless we are willing to give up the same rights and protections.

When you start going down that rabbit hole it is easy to get lost in it as a never ending quest.

If we are banning things we find not in good taste,can we start with the current fad of the pants that women wear that look like they are painted on and show every crack n crevice ?

Germany still retains the flac towers that shot down American bombers and cost thousands of service men their lives,do they not represent evil.

We drive Japanese cars,they also did some pretty evil things.

Hitler and other evil dictators came to power because they wanted the sole ability to pick and choose who deserves what rights as individuals they received,if the guy wants to fly a Nazi flag with that intent,let him,because if we force him to remove it,we become no different then what that flag represents in that context.

When I see those flags,it reminds me of the evil man produces on society and pushes me to fight against it so history does not repeat itself,people need to see that and be reminded so they do not forget,you cannot erase that from the minds of future generations,they need to see it.

Out of site,out of mind does not apply to something like that.
    Last edited by Richard; January-22-23 at 12:52 PM.

If the owner/renter was a victim of vandalism with a hate symbol being put on the property a call to the police immediately would be in order.

Being Jewish this really bothers me
    BUT
    Being American I accept the right to free speech etc.
    I agree with all you said 100% Richard!
    Just because we do not agree with or like what someone else says/believes we have to let them. The right to free speech is a big part of what makes America the country it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would be nice to remove all the things from society that we find offensive.

Henry Ford and other American companies provided Germany with the funding and chemicals in order to wage war in the first place,it is highly unlikely that the Battle of Britain would have never been possible at that point in time had not U.S. companies provided the chemicals needed for the airplane fuel.

JP Morgan/Chase diverted the funds from our economy while throwing it into a depression in order to fund Germanys war,they had neither the funding or technology to do anything,Hitler was a impotent little thug until U.S. interests gave him the power to unleash evil on the world.

Dont see anybody calling to demolish Chase banks.

The requirement for flying the American flag is if another flag of origin is flown the American flag must be flown above it.

Where I am at it is not uncommon to see flags of all nationalities being flown in there own,including some from countries that I do not approve of,but that does not trump their right to fly them.

It does not matter how offensive we find something personally,in this country we do not get to pick and choose who and what we favor unless we are willing to give up the same rights and protections.

When you start going down that rabbit hole it is easy to get lost in it as a never ending quest.

If we are banning things we find not in good taste,can we start with the current fad of the pants that women wear that look like they are painted on and show every crack n crevice ?

Germany still retains the flac towers that shot down American bombers and cost thousands of service men their lives,do they not represent evil.

We drive Japanese cars,they also did some pretty evil things.

Hitler and other evil dictators came to power because they wanted the sole ability to pick and choose who deserves what rights as individuals they received,if the guy wants to fly a Nazi flag with that intent,let him,because if we force him to remove it,we become no different then what that flag represents in that context.

When I see those flags,it reminds me of the evil man produces on society and pushes me to fight against it so history does not repeat itself,people need to see that and be reminded so they do not forget,you cannot erase that from the minds of future generations,they need to see it.

Out of site,out of mind does not apply to something like that.

Seems just a bit odd that someone would arbitrarily select a home and place a Nazi flag on it.

My first thought was maybe Ron DeSantis was in town

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Seems just a bit odd that someone would arbitrarily select a home and place a Nazi flag on it.

Not getting the humor in your post. But I get it's in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvins View Post
    Being Jewish this really bothers me
    BUT
    Being American I accept the right to free speech etc.
    Agreed. Being Polish and Lithuanian it really bothers me. Having grown up in Hamtramck it really bothers me. Regarding free speech Noam Chomsky, perhaps the most intelligent earthling, agrees with you.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; January-22-23 at 10:04 PM.

False flag actions have been happening sense the dawn of time.

But I cannot speak for intent or motive because only the homeowner would know that.

Living in a state that looks for the day when they can control every aspect of every Americans lives I can see how you would have an issue with DeSantis,what about the large amount of persecution happing in California against the Asian community,that’s exactly how it all starts,look the other way as long as it is not you.

I bet if you looked closely at that Nazi flag it will have a made in China tag in it,right next to the one that reads - The state of California has determined that this item contains cancer causing agents.

It was Los Angeles that Hitler picked to start a base here,wonder why ?

It was because a Jew named Leon Lewis who created a spy ring in order to infiltrate the Nazis that prevented them from getting a foothold in this country.

Seeks like a couple of cities in California have a history of attracting the freaks and weirdos that seek to destroy this country from within any means necessary.

9% of our population in this country are Neo Nazis,that equates to 22 million out of 350 million.

That only thing that gives them relevance is the people and politicians that like to use the label of Nazi against those who they do not agree with.

All the people that supported a female presidential candidate had zero issues with her mentor being not only a Nazi supporter and organizer but to make it even worse a Grand Duke of the KKK.

Overlook that but then talk about hate symbols.

Stop feeding the hate and evil, by giving it relevance.

Even to this day people in Burma and Africa are suffering genocide because of who they worship and we turn a blind eye,at a point in time when we recognize what is happening and how history is being repeated,do a poll tomorrow of how many Americans are willing to go to war in order to prevent that and watch how quick that fake wanting to destroy evil ends.

Words are easy.
    Last edited by Richard; January-22-23 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    In addition to antisemitic SOBs like Henry Ford, Detroit produced heroes like Ralph Bunche. We should teach our children about the Ralph Bunches of the world, rather than lionize psychopaths simply because they are wealthy and powerful industrialists.

We should take pride in the fact that in 1846 Michigan ended the death penalty. Prior to 1830 several people, who were later found to be innocent, were hanged in Windsor -- which troubled Detroiters of conscience. As a result, the 1830 hanging of tavern keeper, Stephen Gifford Simmons, generated popular opposition to the death penalty and it was the last execution under Michigan law. The jail and gallows were located on the spot where the downtown public library now stands. Witnesses spontaneously tore down the gallows and threw the wood in the river. These are things of worth.

Tom Selleck is from Detroit. Who gives a f*ck? He shills reverse mortgages and insurance scams on TV to naive senior citizens.

Buy a Ford or don't buy a Ford. Who gives a f*ck? Prolly Tom Selleck will sell you a worthless extended warranty?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Bunche
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; January-23-23 at 04:37 PM.

Or an endorsement for Matt DePerno?

And the forum is ok with someone posting his name and phone number REGARDLESS of your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Not getting the humor in your post. But I get it's in there somewhere.
    A simple reference to the fact that DeSantis cozies up to Neo Nazis.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...e-1388015/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    And the forum is ok with someone posting his name and phone number REGARDLESS of your opinion?
    You can coddle Nazis all you want, but I won't.

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it too eagerly.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-22-23 at 11:02 PM.

Fun story:

A few years ago Katy Perry tweeted out a picture of a cartoon frog as a meme. The originator of the meme, a forum on a nearly-anything-goes anonymous website called 4chan, didn't take too kindly to a big-time celebrity's publicist using "their" meme pics to score cool points with the internet kids.

So, they ginned up a bunch of posts trying to make it look like the frog was a symbol of a, ah, particularly hated group of youth enthusiasts. They tried retweeting these to various news organizations and the news organizations pretty much ignored them.

Round two was to make it look like the cartoon frog was the new symbol of neo-fascists, and the media jumped *right* on it. "Katy Perry Tweets Symbol of Anti-Semitism" were the headlines if I recall right.

Point being, if you don't particularly like someone, and want to get a picture of their house in the news in a rather negative light, this is a particularly effective way of doing it.

According to Tampa-based media outlet Creative Loafing, flyers handed out by the group were published by the Goyim Defense League — an organization the Anti-Defamation League describes as a “small network of virulently antisemitic provocateurs led by Jon Minadeo II of Petaluma, California” known for spreading “antisemitic myths and conspiracy theories” through social media and highly coordinated public stunts.

Creative loafing as a media source was established as a media for the restaurant and arts scene that has converted over to a liberal left political rag and posts opinions of its workers.

You a claiming something as fact,Nazis or not they had the same right to assemble on public property as everybody else did,just as Antifa had the same right to come from California and partake in the ruckus in Atlanta.

How about you keep your wakos in California.

Any politician that does not get up in public and denounce the opposition should he removed from politics?

That’s the sad part in all of this,people did not learn from history and keep repeating it,a good German had to denounce the Jews in public or suffer the consequences with their identity and home address published so the other good citizens would know where to throw a fire bomb through the window.

Last edited by Richard; January-23-23 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In addition to antisemitic SOBs like Henry Ford, Detroit produced heroes like Ralph Bunch. We should teach our children about the Ralph Bunches of the world, rather than lionize psychopaths simply because they are wealthy and powerful industrialists.

We should take pride in the fact that in 1846 Michigan ended the death penalty. Prior to 1830 several people, who were later found to be innocent, were hanged in Windsor -- which troubled Detroiters of conscience. As a result, the 1830 hanging of tavern keeper, Stephen Gifford Simmons, generated popular opposition to the death penalty and it was the last execution under Michigan law. The jail and gallows were located on the spot where the downtown public library now stands. Witnesses spontaneously tore down the gallows and threw the wood in the river. These are things of worth.

Tom Selleck is from Detroit. Who gives a f*ck? He shills reverse mortgages and insurance scams on TV to naive senior citizens.

Buy a Ford or don't buy a Ford. Who gives a f*ck? Prolly Tom Selleck will sell you a worthless extended warranty?

I agree,we spend more time and energy focusing on evil then positive role models for the youngsters,they grow up with all of these seeds of anger and hate planted in their minds and then carry it into adulthood.

Thank you for that article. I had not read that before, but I don't believe that particular piece insinuates Ron Desantis supports or welcomes Nazis in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In addition to antisemitic SOBs like Henry Ford, Detroit produced heroes like Ralph Bunch. We should teach our children about the Ralph Bunches of the world, rather than lionize psychopaths simply because they are wealthy and powerful industrialists.

Good call on Ralph Bunche. People who should be lionized and revered, usually aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Thank you for that article. I had not read that before, but I don't believe that particular piece insinuates Ron Desantis supports or welcomes Nazis in any way.

I've seen this movie before. Trump refused to denounce the Proud Boys and Antifa. What's the difference? DeSantis probably does stands with them. This country is getting worse by the minute.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast