Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote: "It is truly unfortunate that the killing of a cat in Roseville [[or anywhere for that matter) solicits more outrage than a death of a child in the city of Detroit."

My sentiments exactly. The animal lovers only love cute animals. The ones they don't like the looks of are put to death without a second thought.

You can hang two assholes at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    You are even sicker than that asshole.

Tell me that when something happens to a loved one of yours and the state had it's chance to quarantine the perp.

Tell me that when your kids can't crap at school because there isn't any toilet paper, and that assigned tax money is diverted to overcrowded jails with people who either have no business being there [[read: Marijuana), or are not worth the space they take up in the clink [[read: 1rst degree Murder).

Tell me that when your family pet ends up in the washing machine and it's the same guy who served 2 years and a month for good behavior.

You're not going to fix this guy. He is too far gone like many young people who have grown up in the last two generations or so without jobs, parents, guidance, education, reason and consequence.

Plus, it gets a little repetitive sending these people to crime training school over and over and over and over. If we continue to lock these people up like animals, they will re-emerge as animals. There needs to be a better way.

Here's an eye opener mr. James...... this world has way too many people. We also have dwindling resources. There's no doubt you feel the pinch in one way or another. The time is now for the people who follow the rules to actually enjoy the luxuries of life, and those who don't be dealt with evenly and swiftly.

Atrocities such as this have no place in this world. No place.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    That's different from a pet....yes it is different, don't even bother to try.
    No, the animals are no different, just the attitude of some people. It's a double standard plain and simple. The line between pets and meat shifts at will- rabbits, horses and pigs can be either for a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I wonder if everyone's outrage at this incident extends to the animal they'll be consuming tonight.
    i'm vegetarian.

Oh, for sure Detroit is having it's share of home invasions, robberies, beatings, muggins, car break-ins and drive by's. I'd like to leave sometimes.......

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Yeah, they're leaving Detroit by the thousands because of home invasions happening in Roseville.

Crimes against animals are the flip side to crimes against humanity as well. This person could do that to a child easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Crimes against animals are the flip side to crimes against humanity as well. This person could do that to a child easily.
    Exactly, and that's why he needs to go! Think of all the little kids that might have had their life saved if their killers had been caught and sentenced for doing harm to an animal before they moved up to human beings.

This guy is a piece of crap who won't be missed in our society. I don't think there will be any tears shed for his young life. It is only a matter of time before he goes after a human.

Quote: "It is only a matter of time before he goes after a human."

I don't agree with that. I think some are better at discerning between Humans and Animals. Following that logic, all hunters are one step away from being a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    LOL,

I always tell that to my vegetarian daughter.
    Dahmer may have been onto something.

Hunters, as a rule, don't torture their prey. It's the people who torture small animals that move on to human prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "It is only a matter of time before he goes after a human."

I don't agree with that. I think some are better at discerning between Humans and Animals. Following that logic, all hunters are one step away from being a murderer.

Eh. There are many differences between hunters and the guy in this case. Hunters almost always use the dead animal for sustenance. And the hunters I know would never kill a family pet. Let alone a non-game animal.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Hunters, as a rule, don't torture their prey. It's the people who torture small animals that move on to human prey.
    Exactly, I hunt [[Just got back from bear hunting actually) and I would NEVER intentionally torture an animal I hunt. I do my best to impose a quick/clean kill and then consume what I kill.

Back on topic, it is just a pet and not on the same scale as a human however this guy should be treated like a criminal and punished appropriately.

I am not a thread-jacker, don't even really know what that means. Hope I am not "jacking the thread" here. If I am.... then ... hmmm... considering the subject matter, I don't think so. And don't. Really. Care.
    But dig this:

This morning I went over.... wait a second... there is some background info required.

The washing machine in my stinky apartment building has been inoperable since February. The drying machine works just fine. It's a real pain-in-the-arse to keep those clothes fresh, if you know what I mean.

So I strolled over to the All Wet laundry mat on the corner of Fenkell and [[I think) Da Costa. Inside they play smooth jazz, and there are murals painted about the walls. One mural is of the Ambassador Bridge, and behind it - naturally - a rendition of the Renaissance Center. Above are the words "Soul Of Detroit". There are a few other nuances and things there that I cannot describe in detail, and are not necessary anyways to make a point. There is, however, a deli inside that serves waffles and coney dogs.

So I am standing out on the corner, enjoying the morning glow of the sun broadcasting itself across this ghetto. Across the street, some kids are waiting on a porch of a rehab house, waiting for the lady to come and open up that house so that those kids can get their fix, and a cup of coffee, and then sent back out to wait on that DDOT bus. Going nowhere. "Ladies, looking mighty fine this morning", I says. They just walk on by. Eh.

A thug comes walking up the sidewalk. He is walking a dog. A pit-bull dog. The dogs leash is a chain. Not a regular "Pet-Smart" chain, but a chain that many of you have probably towed cedar logs with. I was only hoping that the dog was not trained to attack white people. I am white. It was quite a strenuous situation. For me. Not for the dog. I played cool.

The dog passed me and tugged at that chain, obviously wanting to get a good sniff of my thigh bone. But the cat was cool, and kept that dog from killing me. "We are off to a pretty good start so far" I thought, "getting laundry done AND getting an eyefull of my most favoritest place, or at least, one of them" and laffed to noone in particular.

Well, this man walking that dog stopped at the corner and began to talk with one of the workers of the All Wet laundry mat. I maintained a comfortable, escape-hatch, distance, and overheard part of the conversation. They talked for ten minutes. And that dog..... oy! He wud scary!

At first I thought the conversation was about where to find some drugs, or an egg-roll. But then... I realized.... this guy [[who was walking that dog) was looking for a gun.

"Something like a .357, but easily concealed.... something with some knock-down.... "

Jeez. Guess I oughtta call the cops right now, right? Right.

Being an armorer in a previous lifetime, I quickly concluded that a glock 40 would be right up this guys alley. But I said naught. And did naught. Let the motha fucker take him, and his vicious-ass dog, on down the sidewalk so that I can go back in that laundry mat and retrieve my clothes. And I did just that. Also chatted with the employee of the laundry mat. He wud from Alabama and just recently arrived here.

So I come back home, threw those clothes in the drying machine, and prepared myself for an afternoon court appearance. Wonderful.

Animals are more humane than people sometimes. And at least they're honest.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Yeah, they're leaving Detroit by the thousands because of home invasions happening in Roseville.

They sure are leaving for that and other reasons.You are clever but you can not argue the numbers; Detroit is dwindling by the thousands.

The alleged perp here was from Detroit. I take little pleaeure in pointing these things out.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    They sure are leaving for that and other reasons.You are clever but you can not argue the numbers; Detroit is dwindling by the thousands.

The alleged perp here was from Detroit. I take little pleaeure in pointing these things out.
    In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter.

People in New York watching the news don't know or care if it was 6 Mile & Gratiot, 12 Mile & Gratiot or 25 Mile & Gratiot. It is all Detroit to them... and should be to us.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I wonder if everyone's outrage at this incident extends to the animal they'll be consuming tonight.
    NO !, and you know damm well this has NOTHING to do with this post.

Those who forget the past are CONDEMNED to misspell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    Wrong, he was from Highland Park, but I guess its all the same to some folks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3