Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Again I understand why you would like to see new ownership.
    I just have trouble with making up a narratives to fit what one would want. The Fords don’t “have” to do anything. Multiple owners are allowed when inherited. Lions are a Ford family private property. They can do what they want with them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...anchise_owners
    I'm Canadian but I've tried to understand U.S. inheritance laws and I can't. Most articles including Wiki list Chris Ilitch as owner of the Tigers but in fact Marian put the ownership in a family trust, which obviously made the most sense for tax purposes. I assume the Ford Family will do something similar.

He just bought the Phoenix Suns for 4 billion dollars, a record sale. How's he going to be able to buy the Commanders too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He just bought the Phoenix Suns for 4 billion dollars, a record sale. How's he going to be able to buy the Commanders too?
    He no longer has any intention of buying the Commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    He no longer has any intention of buying the Commanders.
    I figured that, unless he has Jeff Bezos money.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    I don't care who buys the team. I only hope they change the name. Commander is a middling grade, equivalent to the rank of lieutenant colonel in the US Army. Not a term with a great deal of cachet.

Commanders may be a shortened version of the intended: Commanders-in-Chief. A bunch of little Potuses running after the ball, or is it Potii?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Commanders may be a shortened version of the intended: Commanders-in-Chief. A bunch of little Potuses running after the ball, or is it Potii?
    The Cleveland Guardians are just as bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The Cleveland Guardians are just as bad...
    Guardians are named after the guardians of parking, the gargoyles that guard the bridges. Must be Ilitch's favorite nickname.

The Commanders are currently entertaining two offers of 6 billion dollars. Matt Ishbia may even have found that a little pricey without other partners.
    It was only a couple of years ago that the Clippers price of 2 billion was considered outrageous. Think about this, The Lions which some fans consider an expensive toy of the Ford family, are worth between 2-3 times what Ford family stock in their car company is worth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2