So runs a headline in today's Free Press. However, as one who lived half my adult life in Highland Park and had my son home-birthed there, please excuse me if I lift an eyebrow at such a grandiose announcement, having heard my share of such salvations for HP over time. So I'll let you read and decide: https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...7afda4_1348689

On the other hand I always have and still believe Highland Park has tremendous potential with great location straddling the Woodward Corridor, with expressway interchanges, rail and infrastructure access, and large areas of historic housing.

Unfortunately, as the article reveals, both plans and funding are sketchy. Only one project of significance is mentioned, on the site of the former Sears store. As the current mayor notes, and I concur with, in the final paragraph of the story...

“I would never turn my back on progress,” Yopp said. “So understand this - I've not seen $10 billion. I've not seen any money at this point. But I do know this, if in fact it's the truth, I'm for it.”