I see allot of suburban people on here and just in general have this same old "Screw Detroit, I live in the suburbs" attitude. This is a problem that we've had for a few decades now. The results have been disastrous. The fact that the city of Detroit has such a bad national reputation negatively effects all of southeast Michigan. If you live in Macomb Twp, Holly, West Bloomfield, Trenton, Flat Rock, etc, the fact that Detroit is such a mess does effect you. Think of this: you've got a billionaire/CEO businessman in New York who is thinking of where he can locate a new office or business. He has the whole country to choose from. He probably does not know that Troy, MI is nice, all he thinks about when Detroit is mentioned is the bad reputation that Detroit has nationally. Second, he has to be able to attract talent to work at his new office/business location. Most college educated people who are not from Michigan have a negative view of Detroit. They don't know what Troy, MI is! They just know that Detroit is bad and they don't want to move here to work. This is why the city of Detroit does matter to everyone in southeast Michigan. My point is this: Everyone in southeast Michigan has to care about the revitalization of the city of Detroit. It does effect everyone in the region.