Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Three weeks before Halloween and the Lions seem to be out of playoff contention. Most likely they would have to win at least 8 of their remaining games to get in. In spite of having one of the easiest schedules in the league you have to wonder at this juncture anyway, who can this team beat? I'm not say they can't turn it around, but this is as bad a start as they had last year. That Vegas prediction of a 6.5-win season is looking optimistic.

Lions 1-3

Patriots 1-3

Who was the better team in defense and offense?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Three weeks before Halloween and the Lions seem to be out of playoff contention. Most likely they would have to win at least 8 of their remaining games to get in. In spite of having one of the easiest schedules in the league you have to wonder at this juncture anyway, who can this team beat? I'm not say they can't turn it around, but this is as bad a start as they had last year. That Vegas prediction of a 6.5-win season is looking optimistic.
    Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Lions obviously mixed up Canadian and American Thanksgiving when deciding when to be out of the playoffs.

With an inexperienced GM, HC, OC, & DC. . .after 1.5 years of the Campbell era we continue to witness the following; game mismanagement, horrendous play selection, & appalling execution.

I had forecasted the wheels would fall off the bus by X-Gvg & sorry I was wrong, it happed by the bye or 5th week.

Shutout by a 1-3 team with their 3rd-string QB/Bailey Zappe after 22 games coached by the Campbell regime & with a 4-17-1 current record, the "fat lady is singing".
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-10-22 at 08:01 AM.

Hard, cold, probably fair, criticism from the front page of today's Free Press. Hope they're wrong but...

Lions' rebuild is left a ramshackle ruin

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - It's all gone.

Any sense of progress for the Detroit Lions has disappeared.

All the smiles and laughs that came from “Hard Knocks” have turned into disgust and disappointment.

And any belief that things will change seem based in nothing but foolish hope.

Yes, we have seen this before. For more than half a century. Patriots 29, Lions 0. To say that Lions coach Dan Campbell was outcoached by New England coach Bill Belichick would be an understatement.

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...9c52ec_1348676

SOL comparison:

Jets: 4-13
    Giants: 4-13
    Lions: 3-13-1

2022 as of 10/10
    Jets: 3-2 / HC 2nd yr
    Giants: 4-1 / HC new
    Lions: 1-4

Update: Matt Rhule/CAR fired today at 11-27 w/winning percentage of .289. . . ...Campbell's winning percentage is currently .181, why wait?
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-10-22 at 10:25 AM.

Detroit sports media is absolutely vicious towards Coach Campbell. I think all of the pre-season press clippings were duly noted by everyone, it hasn't made this situation any easier.

Detroit sports media is absolutely vicious towards Coach Campbell.
    When the starters were are all healthy, the team looked good. But for some reason, Lions' starters go on disability after one or two weeks, and there's no depth.

To lift the Bobby Layne Curse! Sell the team Ford Family, NOW!

Here is a word from our sponsor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdAVfR7UsY
    Last edited by Danny; October-11-22 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    When the starters were are all healthy, the team looked good. But for some reason, Lions' starters go on disability after one or two weeks, and there's no depth.

Campbell said that we have nowhere to go but up! It means we are going down, because we suck!

The kicking situation wasn't handled much different than the back-up quarterbacks. Holmes went a year with someone off the scrap heap that won a training camp competition. Instead of using a 7th rd. pick to secure the position for the future, he chose to do nothing for the 2nd year. That's all on the GM. It's tough to win in the NFL with a kicker you don't trust.

Gamblin' Dan's 4th down amateur act caught up with him. Predictable as snow in February. The only defense I can offer for him is that he knows his defense is putrid, so he'll do anything to keep the ball out of the other team's hands.

Jared Goff was playing well, yet we only won one game against arguably the worst team in the NFL. That doesn't bode well at all.

Perhaps Holmes' plan this year was to make a minimal investment on the defensive side of the ball, aiming towards next year when salary cap room will be plentiful. NAH....that would be a sign of a strategic long-term plan for this team. We all know better.

Once it was 16-0, a real NFL coach took over the game, burning the clock with a running game and dink-a-dink passes for his rookie quarterback. The game was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Gamblin' Dan's 4th down amateur act caught up with him.
    After a few more fourth down failures, and a little more bongwater, he'll learn to not gamble as much.

Lions Thanksgiving tradition is just right "around-the-corner".

Name:  Lions Bag.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  94.3 KB
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-13-22 at 03:58 PM.

After the initial report comes out, the plan is to work out a plan for a study.

NFL Week-7 Power Rankings

31st.
    Didn't play in Week 6. Enter Week 7 with a 1-4 record. This team has given up an NFL-high 170 points, and didn't even play in Week 6. Current Line vs Cowboys: Lions +7

NY Jets [[4-2) ranked 13th, NY Giants [[5-1) ranked 5th, hourglass for Campbell as HC running out of sand.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-17-22 at 03:11 PM.

After Dallas Cowboys were crushed by the unstoppable Philly Eagles, the team will rebound over the Lions soon. That means Campbell better have some plan C ready.
    Last edited by Danny; October-20-22 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That means Campbell better some have a plan C ready.
    There just are no winning players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    After the initial report comes out, the plan is to work out a plan for a study.
    A universal problem solving strategy for the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    A universal problem solving strategy for the 21st Century.
    It was the way executives did things in my old office.

Lions, Tigers, Red Wings. Geez, is there no bright spot in the future? [[Didn't mention Pistons, I hate basketballs).

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    ...Didn't mention Pistons, I hate basketballs.
    I never cared for hockey. But I enjoy March Madness basketball. I guess it depends on which sport one played as a child. For me, it was football and baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Lions, Tigers, Red Wings. Geez, is there no bright spot in the future? [[Didn't mention Pistons, I hate basketballs).
    Sorry you missed the Wings 1st 3 games Ray. By the way, do you hate all basketballs, or just the leather ones?

Not trying to sound like captain obvious but it's time to win some games. I don't think the Cowboys or the Dolphins are that great. They should win one of those two at least.

Shield Ford Hemp previous quote: "To be clear, our expectation is for the Lions to be a playoff contender in 2020". It's now playoff season 2023, 4-years later, and 1&4 Slim "just left town".

Fact: Average NFL roster annual turnover is 56.4%, all teams "rebuild" after the season end, not just the toothless Lions since 1957.

Fact2: We’re 22 games into the Dan Campbell era & he currently holds only a .205 winning percentage [[4-17-1)—the second-worst record of a Lions coach with at least 20 games coached [[only Marty Mornhinweg is worst at 5-27).

Fact3: Remember 9-7 was/is unacceptable.

Carry on - on another season bust.

Not trying to sound like captain obvious but it's time to win some games. I don't think the Cowboys or the Dolphins are that great. They should win one of those two at least.
    Cowboys' defense is really good and it looks like their starting QB will be back in time for the Lions game. The Dolphins similarly have been decimated by injury, and are also projected to get a ton of their guys back by the Lions game.

It's definitely time for the Lions to win some games. These 2 may be a taller order than you might think.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast