Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    What a perfect full of yourself post, Richard. You’ve outdone yourself. I’m honored to know you now that I found out you were the mayoress’ stepson.
    That has been your only input into the thread subject,are you proud of yourself with that accomplishment?

Mayoress stepson lol Nothing special there,she is 10 years younger then me,a democrat and also qualified for the job because because of her ability to nod out during important meetings,she did a couple of things that helped the community but the majority of her time was spent towing the party line instead of actually doing what she was elected to do.

But in her case as always,people wised up and voted her out,because that’s what people do eventually,wise up,most times anyways,while others double down.

Its easy to be a follower,it does not require any thought or actual effort.

As much time and energy as some like to spend fixating and twisting my posts around,it does make me feel kinda special though.

I have to ask you Canuck the same question I presented to the others that spent so much time and effort avoiding the answer because they do not want to recognize the truth.

Did somebody teach you to fish ? Or did they tell you to stay home and they will look out for you,because that is their way of “helping” ,acting in your best interests of course ?

Do you feel it is in the best interests of society as a whole for politics to decide who succeeds or is provided the opportunity?
    Last edited by Richard; June-25-22 at 08:25 AM.

Back to the center... The courses cover quite a bit. More curriculum details:

https://www.buildmifuture.com/carpenters/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That has been your only input into the thread subject,are you proud of yourself with that accomplishment?

Mayoress stepson lol Nothing special there,she is 10 years younger then me,a democrat and also qualified for the job because because of her ability to nod out during important meetings,she did a couple of things that helped the community but the majority of her time was spent towing the party line instead of actually doing what she was elected to do.

But in her case as always,people wised up and voted her out,because that’s what people do eventually,wise up,most times anyways,while others double down.

Its easy to be a follower,it does not require any thought or actual effort.

As much time and energy as some like to spend fixating and twisting my posts around,it does make me feel kinda special though.

I have to ask you Canuck the same question I presented to the others that spent so much time and effort avoiding the answer because they do not want to recognize the truth.

Did somebody teach you to fish ? Or did they tell you to stay home and they will look out for you,because that is their way of “helping” ,acting in your best interests of course ?

Do you feel it is in the best interests of society as a whole for politics to decide who succeeds or is provided the opportunity?

Like, did the Republican Party teach you how to fish or

were all your family members who taught you all card carrying Republicans?

Insofar as your contribution to this thread, you spent most of it defending yourself.

You’re sneaky though. You posted twice in a row to avoid putting 15 paragraphs in one post. Your learning curve in editing is steep, but you’re getting there.

As far as unions funding training centres, why not?

There are so many reasons for unions to get involved in this apart from attracting union members. Most members want the unions to provide proper skills prior to actual work experience and on the job training. Small contractors are probably pretty happy about unions chipping in. Just ask employers their opinion on this matter.

^ Cute

Now all you have to do is show me where I posted the Unions should not be involved in training programs.

This is a prime example of how people take posts and twist their reply’s around.

The points I made was

Unions should not be EXCLUSIVELY involved in the training and the training should not be EXCLUSIVELY limited to the skills and trades.

I then posted my reasons for saying so.

I became a GC in 1983 and semi retired in 2008,there has always been a shortage of skilled workers in the trades,the phrase It is hard to find good help was not coined last week.

I live in a Democrat city,they took advantage of the skills training and advanced skills training program when it was funded 4 years ago.

It covered everybody across all fields of employment and across all sectors,the advanced part was if you were already employed in a field you could get the additional training in order to move up to the next level.

It did not pick and choose as to who the availability was offered to.

There was only one city in metro Detroit that took advantage of that program,the one city that needed it the most and would have benefited the most rejected and spent more time yelling impeach the MFer instead of doing what it took in the best interests of the city.

The democrat city I live in is listed as one of the top cities in the country that people are moving to,because of opportunity and the ability to excess it.

How is that working out for Detroit when you choose politics over people and who is really paying the price,you are not selling your soul when it comes to taking advantage of policies that help improve peoples lives.

So now the union decides to invest 30 million in the trades,where were they 5-10-15-20 years ago?

Where has the city been?

Even in the tool and die or machine shops the average age is over 55 and mostly boomers retiring out.

As soon as jobs were shipped overseas there became a shortage of skilled labor,so the reality is it took 40 years for people to recognize that?

You said small contractors are PROBABLY pretty happy about the Unions chipping in.

So you do not even know,you should ask their opinion on the matter.

One of them gave you their opinion on the matter and you and others did not want to hear it.

Go ahead and ask any small business in the city how they feel about one entity controlling the labor market and setting the rates.

As you have noticed there are some that are 100% in favor of that,because their objective is to eliminate capitalism and free market in the city,and as you also can see they will twist and turn every discussion into something that it is not because they view it as a threat.

Nobody takes that much time and energy in order to try and discredit something unless they view it as a threat to their cause,myself included and I will continue to do so about anything related to the city because while I feel it and it’s taxpayers deserve better there are those who wish to see it crushed at any cost or length,as you can also see in the reply’s.

You bought into and supported spending billions on a bridge based on anticipated trade numbers,now the very industry that you depended on to make those numbers work,is setting up to be independent in each county in order not to be subjected to tariffs and supply chain disruptions.

That is what happens when you just look at the here and now and only at the surface.

Cause and effect is what makes cities or destroys them,if what happened to Detroit did not teach you that lesson already,you will never understand it.

Detroit topped the ranking of the 25 most populous cities, with a single-parent household percentage of 71.5. Most of them are moms. By gender: 59.2 percent of the families had a single mother, 12.3 percent had a single father.

That tells me the largest workforce in the city of Detroit that is living in poverty or underemployed is single mothers.

Your answer to that is to tell them to pick up a hammer or starve,you could have trained them to be nurses,teachers,lawyers,police woman or whatever they wanted to achieve,but you did not,you told them their lives ment less then the ability to say impeach the MFr.

Time passed,that person is no longer in office,who is still paying the price and will continue the cycle of poverty and missed opportunity for the next generation,and the response is - Richard’s way of thinking is stupid.
    Last edited by Richard; June-26-22 at 02:34 PM.

I became a GC in 1983 and semi retired in 2008,there has always been a shortage of skilled workers in the trades,the phrase It is hard to find good help was not coined last week.
    See, this is exactly the problem Dick. Whatever the subject, it is your lifelong profession. Any real GC would take one look at the wreckage of the Packard Plant In Person and know that 5 Million was an absurd amount to get anything ready for lease. Many of us on this board have seen the plant up close. 5mill is batshit crazy.

A thread about towing in Detroit about 5 years ago and you had “The largest towing company in south Florida for decades.”

A thread about restaurants and you “owned and managed directly over a dozen restaurants over your career.”

A thread about imported cars and you “owned many imported car dealerships in south Florida AND were the largest exporter of automobiles to South America with your import/export companies.”

You “bought and currently live in a house in the hood you bought for $4000 and fixed up” when fixing abandoned homes is the thread but “live next door to movie stars.” In another thread about famous people.

I have more of them but why bother, you don’t understand. You are a pathological liar. You lie about everything so much you have created dozens of successful careers. You can’t keep your lies straight. We have all met someone with this problem and we just call them “bullshitters,” because everything they say is bullshit. The one thing they have in common is a lack of friends and family that want to be around them which is exactly why you are on this board 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

Honestly Dick, get help. A Professional. Lying about yourself on an anonymous board is sad and pathetic. Why spend the rest of your life making yourself look foolish? You lie about everything. You yourself have proved it. It’s a bad look for a grown man.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-26-22 at 10:01 PM.

^ so what you need to do is post the thread links that back up what you just posted,because you are flat out posting lies.

Thats all you do is make up bullshit and create a post.

Post the links to the threads where I made the statements that you are based your post on.

Simple enough.

You are about 1” away from a defamation suit out of principal,if you think you are hiding behind a anonymous name,think again.

You are not posting as personal opinion,you are posting and quoting statements that you say I made,so you need to post the thread links where I posted that,your choice here or in court.

And no I am not fucking around
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-22 at 03:29 AM.

Richard, now you are threatening legal action... on an anonymous forum?

That's right... piss off Admin with your threats, and see what happens.
    Last edited by Gistok; June-27-22 at 03:53 AM.

^ and so can you,it was not a threat and here you are justifying people posting flat out lies and making me out to be the bad guy ? Really ?

I gave fair warning and opportunity for him to correct his statements publicly or retract his post,if I am going to take legal action you will have no prior warning,no need to threaten and it becomes irrelevant weather I am still a member or not.

I have a printer and can show patterns just like anybody else,patterns that you are also complacent in,as long as you are going down that road.
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-22 at 04:10 AM.

^^^ O-M-Goodness. Can thisplease stop!

Otherwise the admins ARE going to be forced to close what is otherwise an informative thread on a well-needed new training facility to help Detroit and the tri-county area.
    Step away from the keyboards...for a bit....

Take a deep breath for perspective.

Another nice sunny day lies ahead [just getting started] - with a myriad of opportunities and new choices.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-22 at 06:09 AM.

Oh the delicious and hilarious irony of a conspiracy theorist threatening a defamation suit on an anonymous message board. Could be a class action if you get all of the Richards in Florida together.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    ...Whatever the subject, it is your lifelong profession....

A thread about towing in Detroit about 5 years ago and you had “The largest towing company in south Florida for decades.”

A thread about restaurants and you “owned and managed directly over a dozen restaurants over your career.”

A thread about imported cars and you “owned many imported car dealerships in south Florida AND were the largest exporter of automobiles to South America with your import/export companies.”

You “bought and currently live in a house in the hood you bought for $4000 and fixed up” when fixing abandoned homes is the thread but “live next door to movie stars.” In another thread about famous people....

No, it's not Sentient

True, it would be frustrating if you were dealing with a human being.

I have a printer and can show patterns just like anybody else,patterns that you are also complacent in,as long as you are going down that road.
    I am picturing Richard going thru all the DYES threads that he left hundreds and hundreds of paragraphs worth of replies on, and how many ink cartridges and reams and reams of word salad on paper that a $300/hr. lawyer would have to read thru... let alone try and make since [sense] of!
    Last edited by Gistok; June-27-22 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I am picturing Richard going thru all the DYES threads that he left hundreds and hundreds of paragraphs worth of replies on, and how many ink cartridges and reams and reams of word salad on paper that a $300/hr. lawyer would have to read thru... let alone try and make since [sense] of!
    All you are doing is showing your ignorance while you are creating senários in your mind to fit your narrative.

Why are you even picturing me in your mind?

I feel bad for you after somebody else spent all of that money to educate you and you still do not have a clue and can only afford a $300 per hour lawyer,which is basically an ambulance chaser.

A paralegal is $45 per hour they will shift through it all and I make more per hour then the lawyer,so I really do not have to do anything.

If you had a clue you would have already known that.

What gets me the most is your constant claim on how long you have been a member here and act like it is your personal platform ,while breaking the same rules that you are chastising others for,to me that is disrespectful to the forum owners for you to put them in that position,after providing you with the platform for so many years.

We will not even get into the Orc that keeps posting videos that nobody watches and calling everybody that they do not agree with a bot.

You and your little narrative squad has given me insight to the rift between the city and suburbs that very few other cities have to that extent.

It shows me how far people will go out of their way,even make stuff up while posting flat out lies in order to cause disruptions.

I am sure you take some kind of pride or feeling of accomplishment in that,but the reality is you only exist in your mind,nobody else in the world cares.

I notice you did not picture in your mind the other one going through all of my previous posts of word salad in order to compile his list of false accusations without the assistance of a $300 per hour cheap suit lawyer.

Wonder why that is?

How many posts now do you have in this thread that contain zero input into the original topic?

That is all you have done,jump into the thread with the sole intent of disrupting it.
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-22 at 12:55 PM.

All you are doing is showing your ignorance while you are creating senários in your mind to fit your narrative.

Why are you even picturing me in your mind?

I feel bad for you after somebody else spent all of that money to educate you and you still do not have a clue and can only afford a $300 per hour lawyer,which is basically an ambulance chaser.

A paralegal is $45 per hour they will shift through it all and I make more per hour then the lawyer,so I really do not have to do anything.

If you had a clue you would have already known that.

What gets me the most is your constant claim on how long you have been a member here and act like it is your personal platform ,while breaking the same rules that you are chastising others for,to me that is disrespectful to the forum owners for you to put them in that position,after providing you with the platform for so many years.

We will not even get into the Orc that keeps posting videos that nobody watches and calling everybody that they do not agree with a bot.

You and your little narrative squad has given me insight to the rift between the city and suburbs that very few other cities have to that extent.

It shows me how far people will go out of their way,even make stuff up while posting flat out lies in order to cause disruptions.

I am sure you take some kind of pride or feeling of accomplishment in that,but the reality is you only exist in your mind,nobody else in the world cares.

I notice you did not picture in your mind the other one going through all of my previous posts of word salad in order to compile his list of false accusations without the assistance of a $300 per hour cheap suit lawyer.

Wonder why that is?

How many posts now do you have in this thread that contain zero input into the original topic?

That is all you have done,jump into the thread with the sole intent of disrupting it.

Youguy should go back and count the words, sentences, paragraphs you wrote about nothing but yourself in this thread. Very little about anything but Dick.

Yes... that way the words get read Canuck... if there are more than 3 paragraphs... I go straight for the PC scroll feature...

Oh, and I almost forgot... Richard, that low ball $300/hr. fee I mentioned would be for any lawyer desperate enough to take on your... what's the legal term... oh yes... "Soliloquy Interruptus" lawsuit.
    Last edited by Gistok; June-27-22 at 05:40 PM.

^ you should have been a pretzel maker as much as you like to twist things around,your slip is still showing.

The one thing you cannot change is the reality of what happened in Detroit and what is happening in the country now,your mentality is like a swarm of locusts destroying everything and everybody in your path your non contributing in this post outside of puffing your chest is typical.

That is why you do not want to see people do better,because it scares you that you may actually be no different then anybody else.

You should be spending more time with what you are actually good at,like destroying cities and pushing more people into poverty.

As much as you and your little squad likes to yap on and shift blame,results count,your kind has been around sense the country formed and you got nowhere so you decided to hijack a party,the only thing you are any good at is spending everybody else’s money,you could not even be bothered to pay your own way for your education,somebody else did just so you could pretend that you are better then everybody else.

Just think,if that other person had not stepped up to the plate for you,you would have been living in the very place you despise.

To bad they could not have invested in somebody more appreciative.

Even your chosen boss is having to go crawling on his hands and knees back to the very people he vowed to destroy.

That is the one thing that you cannot change no matter how you twist it,your choices of actions without looking at the consequences of the ones who suffer the most,but they are beneath you anyways,you just tell them that you care about them and are here to “help” so you can sleep at night.
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-22 at 09:54 PM.

^^^^^
    Lol. Tell us about the training centre, Richard. Don’t waste those precious paragraphs on self defence .

^ you know,when I told you guys to lead,follow or get out of the way I was not telling you to literally follow me around the forum like little puppy dogs.

You already know the story about the training center,the governor turns down federal help that would have lifted people up across all spectrums and then jumps in front of the câmaras when the union says they have 30 million in cash sitting on the table,paper or plastic.

Federal funds come with accountability,union funds?

If I have to explain that to you then you have been living under a rock.

So why would she trade the ability to help 10,000 in for helping 1500?

The union just ran the numbers,it cost X amount of money,free money to them,to train X amount of workers that will be paying X amount in monthly dues over the next 40 years of their work life.

Plus consider the added bonus that will be charged per company for the privilege of the union with supplying them labor,then add the bonus of being able to control government projects in cities such as Detroit.

It may not be “taxpayer funded” but the taxpayers will pay the cost.

Do you think they asked her if she liked paper or plastic?

You are another one,all your little posts with me living in your head and you have also contributed zero to the thread outside of looking for some kind of recognition from the rest of the little insignificant squad.

Thats what you guys do though,spend a lot of time doing nothing while actually believing you are doing something.

1983 20% of American workers were union,2021 that number dropped to 10% .

Do you find it kinda strange that the union throws its political support behind the very political entity that has lead to their destruction?

Maybe it really is just about paper bag retirement funds.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 12:39 AM.

Good one about federal funds come with accountability. That statement goes against everything you usually say about government funding. Unions are nefarious I get, but stating that government funding is somehow going to raise the bar, is uncharacteristic coming from you, but again, only when it suits your agenda. Nice try though.

ABetterDetroit - Throw strip clubs into the mix too.

I see another thread shutting down. This site used to be fun. The constant multi-paragraph, all about me, argumentative, negativity is exhausting. Missing the days of Tponetom, Eriedearie and Django.

RICHARD: "The city I now live in is much like Detroit where it is run by a click where the city workers do not want to be bothered by those taxpayers who pay their salaries,so I filed lawsuits against them to remind them of who they actually represent."

Thank you for keeping up with DetroitYes! Help us understand better what happened ahead of filing these lawsuits, and whether they have been resolved yet.

I like that there are five training centers in the state for carpenters and millwrights, best wishes for all of the earnest graduates of these four year training programs, but, I think it is just a touch disingenuous to repeat in the website pages that they are not taxpayer funded, but that they are contractor funded. Further up the food chain, these centers are developer funded and often developers receive tax abatements. There can be ramifications to this funding structure versus a taxpayer funded structure.

I miss Sumas, DetroitPlanner, and Gannon from back when I was a lurker. I appreciate a lot of the current posters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    ABetterDetroit - Throw strip clubs into the mix too.

I see another thread shutting down. This site used to be fun. The constant multi-paragraph, all about me, argumentative, negativity is exhausting. Missing the days of Tponetom, Eriedearie and Django.
    Just as nauseating as those who do not contribute to the discussion but constantly bitch about others like some kind of soap opera.

What bothers you more,you not understanding the concept that it is entirely possible for people to invest in a variety of different businesses and learning about them or people have the ability to?

I also noticed that you had no issues when the person I responded to disclosed his past history,but then again for some context is hard to follow.

Maybe you are the problem and not others.

You could have helped the one you responded to post the thread links that backed up his lies,but you did not because it fit your narrative.

You keep spreading the negativity then play off that it is exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    RICHARD: "The city I now live in is much like Detroit where it is run by a click where the city workers do not want to be bothered by those taxpayers who pay their salaries,so I filed lawsuits against them to remind them of who they actually represent."

Thank you for keeping up with DetroitYes! Help us understand better what happened ahead of filing these lawsuits, and whether they have been resolved yet.

I like that there are five training centers in the state for carpenters and millwrights, best wishes for all of the earnest graduates of these four year training programs, but, I think it is just a touch disingenuous to repeat in the website pages that they are not taxpayer funded, but that they are contractor funded. Further up the food chain, these centers are developer funded and often developers receive tax abatements. There can be ramifications to this funding structure versus a taxpayer funded structure.
    I think the biggest disconnect is cities come up with these programs or offer services but unless one deals with it everyday it is tough for the average resident to navigate city services.

Then some of the city workers expect everybody that comes before them to have complete knowledge of the process and do not want to take the time to explain it.

For big companies you can hire X city employees to be your navigational advocate in order to shift through the red tape,but for the average taxpayer who is actually funding it all they are left on their own.

It has been made worse by the pandemic as more cities switch to online,I kinda think there needs to be some kind of citizens advocate like a central office of sorts where citizens can call and the path of action is laid out for them.

There has been a lot of programs offered even in the city of Detroit that have had low response,mostly because of the process involved is such a nightmare to navigate.

I also miss many of the posters that are no longer with the forum,people spent a lot less time attacking others and actually contributed and kinda feel bad after phone conversations that I never got to actually meet Gannon or Django,I kinda think as a majority most what what is best for the city and region and people in general,unfortunately there will always be those looking to disrupt that.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 10:01 AM.

Have your lawsuits helped to improve your city's customer service? I'm thinking maybe you were dealing with inspections and permits processes in the city's buildings department? Did filing lawsuits help with your own concerns with the city and as a side benefit, make it a better place to live?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast