Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
^ há ,he still thinks Canada is a democracy .

I find it intriguing that two country leaders used the exact same words to justify actions against those they oppose,one stripped every citizen of their rights,the other waged war.
As a Canadian citizen , I’ve lived there over 50 years before becoming a US citizen also due to marriage, I can most assure you that Canada is a democracy, and a very well functioning one at that . Trudeau , if anything, waited for a long time hoping that these protesters would begin to behave and protest in a legal manner, as he frequently urged them too, he did what was necessary to stop illegal behavior from holding the capital city , downtown and it’s thousands of residents captive for over three weeks, as well to get trucks to cease honking horns 24 hours a day making the thousands of downtown residents life totally miserable on top of that [[ a 21 year old female Ottawa citizen had to sue to stop that, that’s how long the government tolerated it ), There is such a thing as noise ordinances, they were totally ignored. I have a niece who lives in downtown Ottawa and she described the living situation there as an absolute out of control zoo , Her neighbors, as well as others, LGBTQ flags were actually ripped off the porch off their downtown townhouse . You cannot just hijack a city downtown for three weeks and expect it to be OK, nor can you block an international border crossing and expect that to be OK too. If a group of people came from another country and blocked our international border, we would label them terrorists in one second and they would have been removed . Those people were told numerous times to protest legally , that it was their right, within Canadian laws and they refused... Trudeau did what a responsible leader needed to do once this group consistently refused, and I’m glad he did, as is the vast majority of Canadians that I know . A good portion of the funding of these protests was also coming from right leaning groups south of the border, and they effectively froze these funds , as the protest ,due to their own behavior, was deemed to be an illegal protest. Cdn government [[ both liberal and conservative leaders) followed the law exactly as it was intended to be.