Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This thread is going off the rails, so this will be my last comment about TikTok, but it is hilarious that the "slap your teacher challenge" and other challenges are mentioned in this thread on the same day it came out that Facebook paid a consulting firm to exaggerate those exact stories.

Now, can we talk about malls?

The thread was about a specific mall and it’s intended clientele draw,it is relevant.

In a statement, TikTok said it’s aware of the list “and want to be crystal clear: dangerous challenges and illegal behavior are not allowed on our platform and will be removed.

Do a little research,students were arrested and charged for the act,taxpayers paid out millions to the school districts in order to fix all the damage that was caused from the previous challenge.

I have not posted anything fake,false or misleading,the proposed use of this mall is catering to that crowd,thier words not mine,if that who and what you want for a neighbor,then more power to you,just do not get upset if it turns ugly after advocating for it.

I am thinking of acquiring the P building it has plenty of space for a nice strip club,chain of adult book stores and theaters all in a nice and cool Art Deco setting,it already has a red light on the top.

It should be good for the economy and another derelict building gets revamped.Good for the economy and community.

The challenge list is here

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/2...ges-list-2021/

July: Spray a neighbour’s fence
    Last edited by Richard; March-31-22 at 12:02 AM.

That new mall owner wants more Millennials and Gen Z folks into Oakland 'Tik Tok' Mall to become the next mall rats. Even he has to turn into a circus.

Demographically speaking, we're looking at a reduction in consumer spending as the Baby Boom generation fully retires out of the labor force over the next few years. That said, transitioning to a mixed-use seems a bit suspect in auto-dependent central Oakland County; who exactly is your target audience for a hip, mixed-use development in central Oakland County, when Ferndale, Royal Oak, and Detroit are all a short car ride down the adjacent freeway? Perhaps a better strategy would be to stay a mall, focus on people in cars in central Oakland County, but shrink the retail footprint of the mall a little and fill the outlot, which is huge and an enormous waste of land. Adding multi-family housing and some form of entertainment amenities could bolster the entire site.

Facebook siding up with the GOP? What strange bedfellows. But nothing surprises me these days. It all boils down to power and the influence and forces to gain said power [so why not on occasion get the usual suspects to go after the results you want?].

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-22 at 09:15 AM.

You don't have to be boomer to see and know as reported from the younger demographics that some of this 'influencer' culture gets it terribly wrong. Relying on info from with their tech-bubbles some of the groups and sub-groups miss the audience intended and ignore the audiences present.

Re. TikTok, parents turning their kids over to that are very naive re. the content and what goes for normal talk, thinking and negotiation of behaviors on the platform. Take a look - know what is going on. If you see no problem, well that's another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    It's really sad to hear people talk about getting "TikTok generation" on board with something. These people know nothing about TikTok. Have they even ever been on the app before?

Their best shot is to burn through all their cash to pay some low-level influencers to promote the mall's new paint job, which a total of zero actual Zoomers will care about, then go bankrupt! Good luck!

I wished he would had purchased Eastland Mall and experimented with it first

Oakland Mall is VERY PRIME real estate. In order for this guy to be successful he doesn't even need to "save" the mall. All he needed to do was purchase the land at the right price. In the city of Troy, next to the freeway on 14 Mile Road, quick driving distance to many job centers, the land alone could be the win for this guy.

If I were the new owner I'd imagine the land as if nothing was developed on it. I could see industrial uses near the freeway. Next to that commercial and retail. On the far east side of the site along John R is where new residential opportunities exist.

I would work on a transition to the above image. As the mall loses anchors they can tear those stores down.

It's gonna' be the world's biggest Hookah Lounge.

A few years ago, the owners' of Devonshire Mall undertook a multi-million dollar renovation of the 52 year old mall. A new food court was built along with a buffet-style Chinese restaurant. When I went in there to purchase new sneakers, I asked the sales clerk if the renovations had helped or hurt business. He said it's the same. More foot traffic does not equal more business necessarily according to a few of the people I talked to who work in the mall and the rise of on-line shopping during the pandemic has hurt sales dramatically. I haven't been to Oakland Mall in over twenty years but if Devonshire serves as an example, all the money in the world can't save a dying institution like the North American shopping mall. It was a great idea but its' time has come.

They were saying that one was 90% occupied.

Malls in that form are kinda strange,there are 3 by me within 5 miles and thier traffic seems to be dependent on location,the one in the upper class area stays packed,the one in the middle ish part is packed at Christmas time and the parking lot seems mostly full weekdays,the one in the lower income has discounted stores and live entertainment,as in fights and people acting stupid.

Then mixed in with all of that are strip malls,mostly U shaped,hardly any vacancies and the parking lots are always full,so not really sure on the impact of online shopping has had on malls.

With us,things mature out every 10 years or so because of the influx of people moving in,the money keeps moving further out,so everything else morphine's out with that,and nice éreas turn into not so,really quick.

They say malls are a thing of the past,but I have seen 3 brand new ones built in the last 2 years,they would not be spending millions to do that if there was no return.

I think demographic and the economic shifts of where the mall is located plays more of a role in their survival, verses online shopping,and the over saturation of the strip malls located near them.

……….

There are still about 1,000 malls operating in the U.S. today, according to commercial real estate services firm Green Street. A large majority of those malls are classified as so-called B-, C- and D-rated malls, meaning they bring in fewer sales per square foot than an A mall. An A++ mall could bring in as much as $1,000 in sales per square foot, for example, while a C+ mall does about $320.
    “If you have an A mall, you see this as a vote of confidence,” Clancy said. “If you have B [or] C, there is no bearing. The lower-rated malls ... are not going to make it.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/the-...-mortgage.html

I guess based on that,one could call the leasing office and see what it would cost per sqft and that would give you a rough idea of where it’s future is heading.

Macys lists 65% of their revenue comes from locations in A rated malls.

2121 Macys had 25 billion in revenue,65% of that came in from A rated mall locations,then subtract from their locations in lower rated malls and it would appear as though online shopping or lack of has not really hurt their bottom line,it was actually up by 6 billion from 2020.

So it kinda dispels the theory that online sales are killing the malls or brick n mortar. In their case anyways.

2021 Macys had 7 million in online sales compared to their 25 billion overall sales.
    Last edited by Richard; April-05-22 at 03:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2