Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Richard... you can swear by that document all you want... no one is going to notify any state representative just to tweak Belle Isle's changes... there are a lot of unique items on the island already that have many funding sources and ownerships... DYC, Detroit Rowing Club, the aquarium, conservatory and Dossin Museum.

Then there's the Belle Isle Conservancy that do things for the park that no other Michigan state park has done for them. Here is the scope of the Belle Isle Conservancy that goes above and beyond state control...

https://www.belleisleconservancy.org/
    Last edited by Gistok; March-24-22 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Richard... you can swear by that document all you want... no one is going to notify any state representative just to tweak Belle Isle's changes... there are a lot of unique items on the island already that have many funding sources and ownerships... DYC, Detroit Rowing Club, the aquarium, conservatory and Dossin Museum.

Then there's the Belle Isle Conservancy that do things for the park that no other Michigan state park has done for them. Here is the scope of the Belle Isle Conservancy that goes above and beyond state control...

https://www.belleisleconservancy.org/
    You can act like that document is toilet paper all you want but it is a legally binding contract,if you read it,it clearly states that the state has zero obligation to honor any pre-existing groups or organizations at any time.

You posted that they go above and beyond the states control,the state is the lease holder,nobody is above that.

All you have to do is show me the legal document that gives anybody legal rights to do anything at that park outside of how it is spelled out in the lease,until you can provide that,it does not matter what anybody is currently doing there,the state can pull the rug out at any given time.

I have provided you with the lease as a fact,I did not make it up.

You keep coming back with everything under the sun except for the one thing that you need,the legal binding document that spells out the terms between the state and existing enterprises operating on the island.

Until you can do that,you can fund raise to fix something up and there is nothing that prevents the state from saying,meh we do not like it.

It is supposed to be public knowledge,just as the lease was between the city and state,but it is nowhere to be found,I am sure you can provide it,because the public does have a right to know.

It is also as a state park,a public space that is now supported by the entire state taxpayer base,the rest of the state is going to want to know why their local parks are not receiving the same attention.

You have to have those answers,and saying screw that lease is not providing those answers.

The conservatory keeps referring to the city of Detroit,the city of Detroit legally has zero to do with the park,nobody can do park business in behalf of the city of Detroit,or represent it,the city is the lessor and that is the end of it.

Its not that I do not want to see the park reach it’s full potential,I have always believed it was an important part of the fabric of the city that was ripped away needlessly,but it is going to be even worse if it continues on half baked,nothing in today’s society operates without legally binding documents in order to protect everybody.

Not crossing the Ts and dotting the Is is what brought you here to this stage in the first place,why keep on doing it?

Gistok,you cannot argue with the lease terms,put it in front of a judge and I would highly doubt it would be considered a worthless document,if you think it is worthless and has no standing,throw it away and the city can say they are taking it back,I would be all for that.

Because at least if the city wanted to lease to private vendors they could tomorrow.

You always have to look at things that can come back and bite you in the ass later,that part in the lease that spells out that the park must be operated in a consistent manner as every other state park and you and the poster after you, have presented examples where it is clearly not.

Somebody,someday, is going to use that if they see it is advantageous.

I am not there as you are not but when the city of Detroit starts talking about a $50 million dollar wishlist going towards the park,the residents deserve a bit more then,trust me to throw $50 million into a black hole,when they are driving over potholes and past burnt out buildings.

At that time you are also asking the residents to support a park with tax dollars in addition to added $50 million for a state park that they have little control over,that’s not fair,what was the point of leasing it out because they could not afford to fix it,while still paying to fix it,then that silly little lease pops up again where the city has zero obligation to spend any money on it,let alone can do so legally.

For some reason,the only thing the city retains rights over are the green houses.

Everything that is improved or rehabilitated is going to incur increased yearly maintenance costs,costs that the state taxpayers will bear,they have a right to know.

Everything else is subject to the whim of the state,unless it is accompanied by a legally binding contract between the state and organization.

Post it here.

Its been 8 years.
    Last edited by Richard; March-24-22 at 09:43 PM.