Ford has announced plans to separate its ICE [internal combustion engine] and EV [electric vehicle] businesses into separate companies, the former will named be Ford Model e, the latter Ford Blue.
"The two units, along with the recently created Ford Pro commercial unit, will collaborate in some areas but largely operate independently.

"We're literally splitting the business in half," CEO Jim Farley told Automotive News.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/automo...-boost-profits

Recently I had a conversation with a marketing insider who said Tesla's big advantage was that they could sell direct to customers whereas Ford, GM and others were encumbered by dealer agreements. I'm wondering if this may be a tactic for an end run around that issue.

When I sent him this article he replied, "Very interesting - yes, like our Tesla conversation - Farley wants to get the benefits of an EV company, like higher price/earnings ratios and employee recruitment and new dealer agreements without spinning off a new business. Rivian is almost worth what all of Ford is and hasn't sold any cars - and Ford has 200,000 orders for F150 Lightnings."