Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hooray for Matt. Hooray for the Rams for putting together an effective team that works well with Matt, especially Cooper Kupp, at least for this season one of the greatest possession receivers I've ever seen. Of course, this wouldn't have been possible at all without a very effective defense that kept them in games even when the inevitable Stafford errors - you know what they are - cropped up.

But what a utter humiliation for the Lions organization and the Fords. Hope they have wonderful luck with their 32nd draft choice booby prize.

So awesome to see so many who use Stafford winning as another excuse to take a shot at the Lions organization. Yep, really breaking new ground there.

We get it. They've sucked for years. It's been frustrating.

They've got an owner that is doing things differently than her parents did. She's been doing it for a year. They've got a GM that looked to make some pretty solid FA signings last year and from early indications didn't seem to have too many [[if any) misses in the draft. They've got a coach that, despite the team losing 13.5 games, had the players fighting for him until the very end. They've got a bushel or two full of draft capital to add a tremendous amount of talent over the next couple of years. This team just finished year one of something that feels different than the last 60 or 70 years.

None of this guarantees success, but for crying out loud, it's not completely hopeless. The whining and insults, they're just as annoying as the losing.

But, watch, if they do put a good team on the field and start winning, everyone who takes the easy, cheap shots now will suddenly start acting like they've been unwavering super fans all along.

That's a nice look - at least Kelly showed some concern:
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/0...wl-jk-orig.cnn

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    That's a nice look - at least Kelly showed some concern:
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/0...wl-jk-orig.cnn
    Stafford looked very tipsy to me. Don't know why he would walk away like that though. Very unfortunate for the photographer but Stafford and the NFL are going to pay her medical bills reportedly.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    So awesome to see so many who use Stafford winning as another excuse to take a shot at the Lions organization. Yep, really breaking new ground there.

We get it. They've sucked for years. It's been frustrating.

They've got an owner that is doing things differently than her parents did. She's been doing it for a year. They've got a GM that looked to make some pretty solid FA signings last year and from early indications didn't seem to have too many [[if any) misses in the draft. They've got a coach that, despite the team losing 13.5 games, had the players fighting for him until the very end. They've got a bushel or two full of draft capital to add a tremendous amount of talent over the next couple of years. This team just finished year one of something that feels different than the last 60 or 70 years.

None of this guarantees success, but for crying out loud, it's not completely hopeless. The whining and insults, they're just as annoying as the losing.

But, watch, if they do put a good team on the field and start winning, everyone who takes the easy, cheap shots now will suddenly start acting like they've been unwavering super fans all along.
    I go to games at Ford Field even though the team sucks. They lose almost every game I go to, but I go anyway. I've been a Lions fan for over 50 years. I support the club. If I want to take shots at the organization, I think I'm entitled to do so.

NFL careers are short and players are always one injury away from permanent retirement. It's a shame Stafford wasted 12 years of his career playing for the Lions.
    Last edited by Pat001; February-26-22 at 09:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2