...when crime comes your way.

I understand Sumas' frustration with the police not showing for her stolen purse report a little more brightly this morning.

Had a wonderful time at Cliff Bells tonight, enjoying the Planet D Nonet with RJ Spangler and Buddy Smith.

Hung out hours longer than I wanted, because everything was so perfect.

I had to park two blocks further than normal, because of the Tiger game...and returned to my car to find the passenger window broken out, with the glove box and console ransacked.

They got nothing but maybe $4 worth of change. As far as I can remember, nothing else was available for them.

I left nothing out...and the console was even closed...Saturn has a rolling cover over the cup holders and change pocket.

So now I have to buy a window I cannot afford...because it will be cheaper than the deductible that I also wouldn't be able to pay...and if there were a claim there is NO doubt the insurance company would increase the rate.

No, I didn't make a report. I won't. I don't want to go through the hassle for nothing. I don't see a reason.

Do I want vengeance? Hell yes. That is merely human nature. Will I do anything about it? No. I pray I react well if I ever catch anyone doing that to anyone else ever again. I may have to collect the broken glass in a jar to remind myself to remain calm.

One block from Bookies, two from the Park and Cliff Bells...