Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hopefully this will be another step closer to having an Apple store in Downtown in the near future. Can imagine eventually since they have the Apple Academy Downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder why Gucci didn't want to open on Woodward
    Woodward is great but there is almost more foot traffic near the Belt and Shinola with all of their higher end retail in Parker's Alley. They also get a prominent corner location which in a few years will be across from Hudson's which is sure to have some more high end retail. That area might be the most popular downtown outside of Campus Martius and it will only gain in foot traffic once Hudson's is completed.

I wonder why Gucci didn't want to open on Woodward
    I assume you think it's because city council wanted more money.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Hopefully this will be another step closer to having an Apple store in Downtown in the near future. Can imagine eventually since they have the Apple Academy Downtown.
    There's no Apple Academy downtown

https://developeracademy.msu.edu/index.html

It is currently located in the First National Building.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/...opportunities/

I always thought that the former banking lobby of 1001 Woodward would be the perfect spot for an Apple store. I guess we’ll see. I definitely think we’re going to see more popular high end stores coming downtown in the coming years.

If I am not mistaken, the Detroit sportswear stores selling local team apparel [[Wings, Lions, Tigers, Pistons) are still there, admittedly very close to their relevant/home stadiums.

The Nike store sells Tigers, Lions, Pistons, Michigan and Michigan State apparel, often at a discount.

I went into Under Armour once, looked at the prices, and left. It's sad it's not down there, but it's not for me.

Detroit need to improve on its transit especially having express busses that will take shoppers and event goers from the nearby and further away exclusive suburbs to downtown Detroit so that they won't have to pay to park and save on expensive gas. These busses are only ridden by those whom have purchased passes to board them. That will keep the riff raff off of them

Detroit need to improve on its transit especially having express busses that will take shoppers and event goers from the nearby and further away exclusive suburbs to downtown Detroit so that they won't have to pay to park and save on expensive gas. These busses are only ridden by those whom have purchased passes to board them. That will keep the riff raff off of them
    I rode the SMART FAST service for a year or so from Sommerset to downtown. Only once was there a major issue with a passenger. Busses are safe to ride.

The issue is that many suburbanites don't see it that way.

I do like the idea of BRT elements, like paying for your pass before you enter the bus. With modern technology that's even easier to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    I rode the SMART FAST service for a year or so from Sommerset to downtown. Only once was there a major issue with a passenger. Busses are safe to ride.

I do like the idea of BRT elements, like paying for your pass before you enter the bus. With modern technology that's even easier to solve.
    Il

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post

Had you ridden the Fast Woodward, Fast Gratiot busses after 6pm? Sometime I feel safer on a subway in New York than on a Woodward Fast bus. I am thankful for the Fast busses eventhough SMART could had kept the express busses which were just as reliable. Commuters want clean, safe, reliable transportation especially those car reliant commuters who attend the sporting events downtown and whom have money to support stores such as Gucci, Cartier, and other high end stores that are eying downtown Detroit. Express busses that will bring you from the borders of Bloomfield Hills, Auburn Hills, Grosse Pointe/St Clair Shores, etc non stop to downtown/midtown Detroit and back nonstop would increase the support of the stores and events downtown without worrying about paying to park

FrName:  Screenshot [[1)jj.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot [[1).jpg
Views: 759
Size:  69.2 KBName:  Screenshot [[1).jpg
Views: 759
Size:  69.2 KB

From my investigating on Indeed

Abercrombie & Fitch, and Busch's grocery store. Those would be fantastic additions to the city's core, providing the city with access to quality clothing apparel and excellent grocery options once only available in the suburbs! Let's hope 'Detroit' actually means Detroit city and not just general 'Detroit area'

Who shops at Abercrombie that isn't in middle school? Ew.

Abercrombie is actually doing well after a recent rebrand. Although this store appears to be a Hollister, which is actually owned by Abercrombie. I think this will be a great addition.

Another Woodward store bites the dust:
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ne/6945294001/

^ it seems like it would be hard to be covering overhead as a for profit,while directly competing against the next door competition,that is a non profit,with both looking to achieve the same goals.

Does anyone know the plans for the former Under Armour site? I would love to see Addidas or Columbia open in that spot

Interesting how Under Armour closes but Gucci will open. Does this say something about the target demographic for this fledgling shopping district? It will be interesting how this district will evolve. There's not really any anchors to speak of, and only a small handful of shops. I'm surprised by Gucci, but there must be a market. Other brands will surely follow. I would expect mix of the usual mall stores with national and international brands that would be unique to the region and thus draw shoppers from across metro Detroit.

Throughout the pandemic thinking off the top of my head about stores on Lower Woodward we lost and gained.
    Lost:
    Rush Bowls
    Detroit is the New Black
    Dose
    John Varvatos
    Under Armour

Gained:
    Capital One Cafe
    The Assembly
    Mom's Spaghetti
    Jojo’s Shake Bar
    Sugar Factory
    Gucci

Rumored:
    Apple [[rumored from Reddit so take with grain of salt)
    Busch’s Fresh Food Market [[from a job posting not sure about location)
    Hollister/Abercrombie & Fitch [[from a job posting not sure about location)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Throughout the pandemic thinking off the top of my head about stores on Lower Woodward we lost and gained.
    Lost:
    Rush Bowls
    Detroit is the New Black
    Dose
    John Varvatos
    Under Armour

Gained:
    Capital One Cafe
    The Assembly
    Mom's Spaghetti
    Jojo’s Shake Bar
    Sugar Factory
    Gucci
    Also gained Greyson in a permanent location [[the old JV store), and XHIBITION if you count Capitol Park.

I'd be surprised if Hudson's retail spaces aren't filled already behind the scenes. They've had long enough to entice retailers!

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Also gained Greyson in a permanent location [[the old JV store), and XHIBITION if you count Capitol Park.

I'd be surprised if Hudson's retail spaces aren't filled already behind the scenes. They've had long enough to entice retailers!
    I think Greyson is more of relocation since they were originally was at the First National Building. This isn't on Woodward, but Punch Bowl Social also closed. I think Krispy Addicts is also closing looks like they are cleaning out the store.

Getting kind of nervous about Downtown retail since there hasn't been any tenants official announced for the Book Tower or Hudson Block combined with the growing number of vacant store fronts on Woodward.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast