Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

I know, anyone who finds anything Glenda Speck says as funny, needs to have their head examined. And their license to practice medicine revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Beck as Rb points out...and he has a good sense of humor which occasionally makes an appearance on his show.
    ah, he admits to being part of that crowd

Glenda Speck
    Can you think of something else to call him? I don't think most women are in a rush to claim him as one of us.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Can you think of something else to call him? I don't think most women are in a rush to claim him as one of us.
    Sorry, no offense intended- I just know that he was called that face to face once on the radio, and he reacted to it like he was hit with a pot of scalding water.

He's a woman hater, based on his comments, and thus the reaction, I assume.

ccbatson Guest

You never disappoint Lorax...we can always count on you to go down to the level of second grade bullies.

Lorax Guest

You never disappoint Lorax...we can always count on you to go down to the level of second grade bullies.
    Now I'm a bully?

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

It wasn't even my term for Ms. Speck. Guess you didn't read that, yet again.

How's that absolutism goin' for ya, "Doc?"

ccbatson Guest

I didn't say you were a bully, I said that the comment made was at the level of a third grade bully and that you made the comment.

Lorax Guest

LOL!!!

Now you're being coy with me. You dog!

Backpedal all you want, but face it, you're capable of irony.

Since that is pretty much how right wing chatter boxes on AM radio, and Fox News act, it seems appropriate for Lorax to respond on a level of which they understand.

ccbatson Guest

How appropriate...Detroitej72 chimes in with the old standby...2 wrongs make a right.

How appropriate...Detroitej72 chimes in with the old standby...2 wrongs make a right.
    Nope. Only suggesting that he responds on a level ditto heads understand, since we established intellectuals on the right are extinct.

Lorax Guest

Finally someone recognizes my satire!

Satire based on me having to learn the common touch.

Keeping half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair!

I couldn't agree more!

Oh brother...

Lorax, I speak on behalf of many here, and extend a thank you for restraining your enormous intelligence and dumbing it down where we can all grasp the seemingly impossible depth of your understandings.

ccbatson Guest

Right....a person that has no ability to comprehend the definition of the word fascist, despite being presented with said definition and the source several times, is being sophisticated and satirical.

Lorax Guest

Funny, the two posters who have benefitted most from the "dumbing down" of the rhetoric are the first to respond.....

Curious.

BTW, "Doc", no one credible accepts your Fox News version of the work "fascism" since it only exists on that network.

Precisely why the need to keep it easily broken down into soundbites so the restricted minds of the fascist elite can easily comprehend.

Just keepin' it uncomplicated for ya, "Doc."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Precisely why the need to keep it easily broken down into soundbites so the restricted minds of the fascist elite can easily comprehend.
    Their called ditto heads because they cannot think for themselves, just indoctrinated to repeat the right wing sound bites over and over again.,

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Their called ditto heads because they cannot think for themselves, just indoctrinated to repeat the right wing sound bites over and over again.,
    Yeah, I know.

This is the same group that thought it wise to put Saracuda Palin a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Talk about dumbing down!

ccbatson Guest

Dictionary definitions...all of them, they have nothing whatever to do with Fox news.

Lorax Guest

Here's what I think of that:

ccbatson Guest

How many times have i done this now?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascism

Where do you see Fox News in that?

Lorax Guest

From your own quotation:

fascism [[[fash-iz-uhm)]

A system of government that flourished in Europe from the 1920s to the end of World War II. Germany under Adolf Hitler, Italy under Mussolini, and Spain under Franco were all fascist states. As a rule, fascist governments are dominated by a dictator, who usually possesses a magnetic personality, wears a showy uniform, and rallies his followers by mass parades; appeals to strident nationalism; and promotes suspicion or hatred of both foreigners and “impure” people within his own nation, such as the Jews in Germany. Although both communism and fascism are forms of totalitarianism, fascism does not demand state ownership of the means of production, nor is fascism committed to the achievement of economic equality. In theory, communism opposes the identification of government with a single charismatic leader [[the “cult of personality”), which is the cornerstone of fascism. Whereas communists are considered left-wing, fascists are usually described as right-wing.

Read what's highlighted in red above- the most important part of the definition. Thanks for making my point. Knew you'd see the light eventually.

ccbatson Guest

Stalin...Lenin... Brezhneff...Gorbachov...Putin...Mao...Kim Jung Ill...the red highlighted comment comment doesn't fly.

Besides that, note how much closer Obama is to the definition than GWB.

Lorax Guest

Stalin...Lenin... Brezhneff...Gorbachov...Putin...Mao...Kim Jung Ill...the red highlighted comment comment doesn't fly.

WOW!

Stumbled over that response- spell check works great, BTW.

You are refuting your own quotation! Score one for big "D" Democracy and Capital "L" liberalism.

Lame attempt at ducking responsibility on this one, though, "Doc."

Why not just "man" up as you like to say, and admit defeat on this one.

The quotation you posted refutes your own belief system. This will go down in history as quite a gloat.

Lorax Guest

Oh, and BTW, Bush looks more like the other "dear leaders" since the personality cult built up around Bush was before unseen in modern American politics.

Rapture righters worshiping cardboard cutout figures of Bush as the demi-god of conservative "family values".

Well, Manson family values, perhaps, nothing resembling human families.

let's do it piece by piece:
    possesses a magnetic personality -- ok, i'll say Obama has a more magnetic personality

and rallies his followers by mass parades -- Dubya's were much more orchestrated, with vetting of attendees, supression and arrests of protestors, etc.

appeals to strident nationalism -- absolutely Dubya and all the right-wing nut job talkers

promotes suspicion or hatred of both foreigners and “impure” people within his own nation -- again, very clearly Dubya

corporatism -- [[adding Il Duce's definition) both, but to a much more blatant extent under Dubya

repression of opposing ideas -- again, the arrests of protesters [[and even groups the govt. suspected might be protesters) under dubya, the charges of being "unamerican" for voicing a dissenting view were all FAR greater under dubya's regime than any previously known in US history

QED.

give it up bats

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast