Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    What keeps crime out of downtown? [[Having said that, I agree that Downtown is safer than the suburbs.) Is it the lack of people in Downtown at night? Maybe, but Greektown fits into my view of a 'downtown' precinct, and Greektown is never empty and desolate, even at midnight.

Greentown has had multiple shootings and other issues over the last few years.

^ Right! There was a shooting or beat-down every month there for a while - not too long ago. No thanks. I don't need to wear my running shoes when I go out to enjoy an otherwise nice relaxing stroll after dinner!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-11-22 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    ...Maybe, but Greektown fits into my view of a 'downtown' precinct, and Greektown is never empty and desolate, even at midnight.
    In the area formerly home to Greektown, practically zero Greek aspect remains. The decline began forty years ago with the rise of Trappers Alley theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In the area formerly home to Greektown, practically zero Greek aspect remains. The decline began forty years ago with the rise of Trappers Alley theme park.

Right around that time period. We started going to Greektown while in high school, and it was as the name implies, an area where the Greek population lived, or at least congregated. Some of the restaurant menus weren't in English.

Is Michigans open carry law part of the problem? Are people confused about what is legal and what is illegal because of it? This seems closely related to the homicide rate so I thought I would leave this here.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ty/9188473002/

Maybe I should rescind my "downtown is safe" post? Doesn't say if these two knew each other. Guess you do need a gun at an upscale downtown restaurant.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ntown-detroit/

The article reads - club beneath the restaurant as in nothing to do with the restaurant,but yet the comments in the article comment section keeps referring to the restaurant.

It is a separate club/business as in,the basement?

Note to self - Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The article reads - club beneath the restaurant as in nothing to do with the restaurant,but yet the comments in the article comment section keeps referring to the restaurant.

It is a separate club/business as in,the basement?

Note to self - Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
    The article was updated at 6:12 pm. Originally it stated the incident was in the restaurant. The News, Freep, etc. are still saying at the restaurant in their headlines.
    Last edited by 401don; January-17-22 at 09:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2