Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mjb3 View Post
    I was hoping some of the reps would retire[[like Dingell) instead of pushing out younger blood reps. I remember when John Dingell forced out Lynn Rivers - I think we lost a really bright young star. Congress is not a nursing home - I think it should be 65 or at least 70 and out for congressmen.
    With age comes wisdom,mostly,have you noticed how the youngsters that first come into congress with their fiery change the world overnight schemes are quickly reigned in?

It’s a big jump for sone of the locals that nobody else in the country has ever heard of and all of the sudden they get power hungry.

Most of the new ones could not have even been bothered to explain to their constituents what a electoral college vote was,they just started screaming about a lost democracy when it had nothing to do with presidential elections.

The least they can do is take a civics class before becoming a congress person.

But I would also agree 70 should be time to retire,every other government agency has retirement limits.
    Last edited by Richard; January-18-22 at 10:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2