Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You all know that the Noreaster tore up New England.

The Great Lakes is next with a foot of snow by Feb 3, 2022. Get ready for a wild winter ride.

yay snow!

Buckle in.

^ I didn't see anything about ice there but I'm hearing it in the forecast.

I'm more concerned about ice. That's what brings down the tree limbs and power lines and slickens the roads.

Ice is the worst.

While I know it is a PIA but sometimes I go pffft when I see the reports of even 24” of snow,I remember snowstorms in the 70s that buried cars and -50 with windchill was not uncommon.

What I really used to hate was as long as the busses could move,you went to school,and they could move through some really deep snow.

JANUARY:

Freezing temps after by New Year's Day followed by a small thaw. A possible polar vortex follow by winter storms will make the cold spell even harder for most folks.

RESULT:

Freezing temps in early January, then a small thaw and a small polar vortex broke off the north pole for a cold spell and a winter weather advisory.

I was right.

There was initially a thin band of pink, designating freezing rain moving through later tonight on the weather maps. Not sure if it's still there

The mighty we-never-close-no-matter-what Wayne State University and Henry Ford College cancelled classes today. There was a time it could be two-feet [[smile) of snow before WSU closed. Same with HFC! Only a fault line crack in the earth opening would close that college.

Good that we dodged the bullet of the storm - so far this am!

WSU did close during tough winter storms, blizzards and even COVID-19 Pandemics. It's the matter of safety.

FEBRUARY:

Stuck with sticky and slushy snow-covered areas at least a few weeks cold with temps in the teens. Later temps will be back in the late 20's and early 30s.

RESULT:

Snowy, slushy snow covered are, few weeks of cold temps followed by slow rising temps.

I was right.

Describes 90% of Februarys in Michigan. Congratulations.

Cold winter in southern Nevada. So far this year in Henderson [[Vegas suburb) we've dipped below 32 f. three times. Horrors!

Feels more like an El Nino rather than a La Nina here in Michigan.

Today the high was 42, Saturday it will be 53, and Sunday it will be 60.

For us it went from drinking mojitos on the lanai in freezing 65 degree weather to,doing it in swimming trunks the next day in 85 degree weather.

My prediction for Detroit winter next year,it will be cold some days,even colder others,snow some days with the possibility of deeper snow on other days.

Its Mother Nature,we all know no man is going to tell her how to run her weather,or even be able to effect it in anyway,she’s just going to do what she does,it’s up to us to have a plan B when she gets pissed off and dumps on everybody.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2