Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    Both kinds of income flats in this neighborhood, most of the one door outside/two inside are currently being converted back to one family
    I grew up in an "income" as my real estate agent uncle used to call them. He loved to have them in his inventory because they were easier to sell and fetched a higher price than a single family [[more commission). Yes, the "it pays for itself/covers the mortgage angle was desirable and possible. Ours was the two-door side-by-side arrangement [[the doors, that is). There were a couple with doors on opposite sides of the porch, too. I would estimate about 15% of our neighborhood were incomes, including craftsmen style converted to incomes. [[Six and Gratiot).

I grew up on Conner between Jefferson and Freud. One side of the street were what we called two family flats with one door entrances. There were no two door entrances. In most cases the owner of those houses lived elsewhere and both family's were renters. The houses on the other side of the street were all single family homes. Most of the people on that side were homeowners.
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; September-07-21 at 10:37 AM.