Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Afghanistan is a warzone, filled with treachery and hatred spewing from different ethnic groups. Although Soviet Union occupation plays a role in the disaster, Afghanistan has many different ethnic groups, resulting in the major struggles between them, which leads towards violence, and hatred. Even to this day, Afghanistan faces ethnic and religious diversity’s that that puts many people at risk of religious and ethnical conflicts.

There are currently thirty-three ethnic groups living in Afghanistan [[Johnson). The most known ethnic groups for foreigners and people living in Afghanistan are the Pashtuns, Tajik’s, Hazara’s, Uzbek’s, Aimak’s, Turkmen’s, and Baloch’s. The major ethnic groups are Pashtuns, Tajik’s, Hazara’s, and Uzbek’s [[Greens)

https://afghanistantoday.weebly.com/...ghanistan.html

There are people who claim educated and there are people who have received an education who continue to expand their knowledge base and understand it is a continuation of the learning process.

People do not hate Islam,by that analogy Muslims hate each other,which they do because they have been hating on each other for hundreds of years.

Long before the guy the continues to live in some peoples head as a catch all for everything that is wrong in the world,kind of an uneducated way of looking at things,if you ask me anyways.

What people do hate,while others support it proudly,is those who wish to eliminate everybody that does not agree with them,or because of their values and beliefs.

Why does the current administration hate Hatians? Do they not also deserve a chance at life?

So one can say that you are also interjecting hatred towards Haitians because of your support for the current administration.

Notice how it is the only group of immigrants where no politician is at the border supporting their cause?

We saw 4 years of screaming at the border claiming racist because of border controls,now all of the sudden crickets.

Is it because Haitians are a few shades darker?

It’s kinda hard to have Islamic hate without first wading through the 33 different interpretations of it.

Most Americans have lived a sheltered and pampered life,they have not experienced what it is like dealing with somebody that was raised from the cradle to hate and eliminate everybody that does not follow their beliefs,through any means necessary.

ISIS is Islamic,we are willing to kill innocent families with a drone simply because we think they are ISIS.

So we as a country can be classified as haters against Islam,we just spent 20 years and trillions of dollars in trying to wipe them off of the face of the earth.

So anybody that does not call up an ISIS fighter and invite them for Christmas dinner would be considered anti Islamic.

Be a good person and not racist against Islam,support your local chapter of ISIS.

The United States and every other country in the world lists the Taliban as a known terrorist group.

They are Islamic

Why all the Islamic hate?

If you do not allow people in this country to fly the ISIS and Taliban flag in support,like every other flag in the world is flown,would you be considered spreading anti Islam hatred?

Just because they have over aggressive tendencies to fly air planes into buildings,strap bombs to children before sending them into a public space or chop peoples heads off in order to prove a point,does that really justify trying to eliminate them while spreading anti Islam hatred in the process.

Maybe they no different then in the summer of burning cities in those country,a group of people releasing pent up aggression do we need to just let them have at it.

Is it really an educated approach to blindly follow a narrative and use that as a basis of an argument
    Last edited by Richard; September-20-21 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    When you look at the Afghans and now Haitians,they are self sufficient by nature because they come from eras that have no jobs,so they have to create their own.

What amazes me is they do take the jobs washing dishes 18 hours a day for little pay and still are able to squirrel enough away in order to start some kind of business,they face the same challenges that we as citizens do while working those types of jobs,but yet they still manage to progress out of them.

When we talk about immigrants to Detroit,yea that is a good example,somebody that is willing to fill an immediate need while not being a burden on the local taxpayers,that also will move up in the future and become employers themselves,it tackles both short term and long term needs in one swoop.

The states that are receiving a larger amount,are doing so because their representatives went to the feds and requested it,a lot if it has to do with family support in a given location but when you start dealing with 60 to 100,000 they all do not have that much family in country already.
    You characterize people so much, as if you know everyone and everything. Guess what - and I can say this just as a human being - you don't. I sometimes like your opinions, and sometimes I don't, but my belief is that you are exhaustingly condescending. At least you are that to [[almost) everyone of any different thought, nationality, race, that isn't you. I'm sure you will respond with some 18 page diatribe, but really, take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    You characterize people so much, as if you know everyone and everything. Guess what - and I can say this just as a human being - you don't. I sometimes like your opinions, and sometimes I don't, but my belief is that you are exhaustingly condescending. At least you are that to [[almost) everyone of any different thought, nationality, race, that isn't you. I'm sure you will respond with some 18 page diatribe, but really, take a nap.
    I do not know everything,but at least I take the time to understand things before placing generalized labels on everybody by repeating narratives.

See the difference?

If everybody was the same mindset and agreed on everything,what a boring world it would be.

Its kinda the whole point of a discussion,to learn different view points,we can sit there and say the sky is blue in unison or we can go on a tirade about somebody’s tirade.

Life is a bit more complex then a 3 sentence tweet,if it could be understood or solved in three words or less,what a wonderful world it would be.

What do you call it when others just flat out label others for something they do not understand?

I do not agree with you ,so you go on triads with condescending BS,do not actually have any thing to contribute to the discussion but going after the poster verses the
    content sounds good to me.

I do not know everything,but at least I take the time to understand things before placing generalized labels on everybody by repeating narratives.

See the difference?

If everybody was the same mindset and agreed on everything,what a boring world it would be.

Its kinda the whole point of a discussion,to learn different view points,we can sit there and say the sky is blue in unison or we can go on a tirade about somebody’s tirade.

Life is a bit more complex then a 3 sentence tweet,if it could be understood or solved in three words or less,what a wonderful world it would be.

What do you call it when others just flat out label others for something they do not understand?

I do not agree with you ,so you go on triads with condescending BS,do not actually have any thing to contribute to the discussion but going after the poster verses the
    content sounds good to me.
    I think you're a blinking moron, to be honest. Sorry.

I think you're a blinking moron, to be honest. Sorry.
    Why do you think you have to apologize for anything,let alone think that I care what you think about me ?

This whole self-induced Haitian issue has raised eyebrows of some in the black community of Detroit, and beyond. Eyes wide open. On social media and varied indy news streams [and convo's I've had so far] there are blacks who while somewhat giving a pass on re-opening our borders during a pandemic are now questioning the obvious 'winners vs losers' factor at play.

Specific to the 13 district for example, Representative Rashida Tlaib's response [or lack thereof] is coming under fire without ambiguity. As she has fought hard for the Palestinian and Afghan cause - even taking on Biden - she's been silent re. the Haitian border situation. Those pointing this out recall how hard former representative John Conyer's fought specifically for Haiti many years.

Opinions vary, but the reflexive-read is that she is falling short of acknowledging the Haitians [not easy to damage-control as a positive] of whom some black people [her high-percent constituents] tend to identify with. None of this is a good look: relative to the haste of returning one group while welcoming other groups at our borders.

Much of this smacks of preferential treatment, minimally. There are many black people not happy about it. And we're not particularly surprised! Ala meet the new boss [politrick] - SAME as the old boss [right wing-GOP policies].

Of course we would not be going down THIS road had they not been invited, only to be turned around. More to the larger point: this outcome is born of
    re-opening our borders in the first place. During a pandemic!

Political decisions bearing politically motivated and manipulated harvests.

Re-close our borders. Especially as there is apparently no uniform policy in
    allowing entry.

Why does the current administration hate Haitians? Do they not also deserve a chance at life?

So one can say that you are also interjecting hatred towards Haitians because of your support for the current administration.

Notice how it is the only group of immigrants where no politician is at the border supporting their cause?

We saw 4 years of screaming at the border claiming racist because of border controls, now all of the sudden crickets.

Is it because Haitians are a few shades darker?
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-20-21 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    This whole self-induced Haitian issue has raised eyebrows of some in the black community of Detroit, and beyond. Eyes wide open. On social media and varied indy news streams [and convo's I've had so far] there are blacks who while somewhat giving a pass on re-opening our borders during a pandemic are now questioning the obvious 'winners vs losers' factor at play.

Specific to the 13 district for example, Representative Rashida Tlaib's response [or lack thereof] is coming under fire without ambiguity. As she has fought hard for the Palestinian and Afghan cause - even taking on Biden - she's been silent re. the Haitian border situation. Those pointing this out recall how hard former representative John Conyer's fought specifically for Haiti many years.

Opinions vary, but the reflexive-read is that she is falling short of acknowledging the Haitians [not easy to damage-control as a positive] of whom some black people [her high-percent constituents] tend to identify with. None of this is a good look: relative to the haste of returning one group while welcoming other groups at our borders.

Much of this smacks of preferential treatment, minimally. There are many black people not happy about it. And we're not particularly surprised! Ala meet the new boss [politrick] - SAME as the old boss [right wing-GOP policies].

Of course we would not be going down THIS road had they not been invited, only to be turned around. More to the larger point: this outcome is born of
    re-opening our borders in the first place. During a pandemic!

Political decisions bearing politically motivated and manipulated harvests.

Re-close our borders. Especially as there is apparently no uniform policy in
    allowing entry.
    I couldn't agree more with all of the above.

Default Math Questions

Correction: I previously wrote that Pres. Biden had set the annual limit of refugees from all countries to 125,000/year. That was wrong. For this year, Biden's executive edict of May 3rd. only allows in 62,500 refugees/year. He hopes to increase that number to 125,000/year next year. Trump's refugee total had been 15,000/year; the number of Haitian refugees now living under a bridge where there was no wall.

We were originally told that there were 10-15,000 Americans in Afghanistan. We removed 5,400 American civilians [[Wash. Post number) and were then told that 98% of Americans were out.

We were originally told that there were 21-30,000 Afghanis that were to be removed including translators and their families. The airlift brought back 122,000 people including 5,400 Americans civilians and up to 7,500 troops including the 5,000 Biden temorarily added to help with the evacuation. Subtracting the Americans, that leaves 108,100 other evacuees.

We were told that the 122,000 evacuees also include third country evacuees. We were never, to my knowledge, told the number of third nation evacuees. Without knowing that number, it is impossible to determine how many Afghanis refugees were allowed in toward Biden's limit of 62,500 refugees this year. if exceeded, can we pick which executive orders to disregard too?

There doesn't seem to be a definition of 'family' either. Are we going to be bringing out dad, mom and the kids or are we going to bring out extended family members leading to extensive chain migration?

Sen. Tammi Baldwin and Representatives Kind and Pocan, [[Tammie, Moe and Curley) visited the Fort McCoy refugee center. They, "said they're confident Afghan refugees arriving at Fort McCoy are undergoing a thorough vetting process". even though "the base said the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has decided to no longer provide the exact number of Afghans at each reception center."

Again, this lack of transparency makes it harder to determine how many refugees have come and gone. Fort McCoy has had some refugee Covid cases and even a case of measles. Nothing to worry about we are told although Afghani refugees are not required to take Covid vaccines and are in cramped conditions.

White House press Secretary also said,when asked,what about testing the other illegal immigrants coming across the border?

Her reply was,they are just visiting so no need to test.

The Haitians qualify under TPS,Temporary Protected Status just like everybody else.

There seems to be a lot of picking and choosing going on with no set standards.

A child sent over the border on their own,receives their US documentation and can immediately apply for parents entry and green card who then can apply for direct family members.

A baby born in a US hospital is considered a automatic US citizen,who can then immediately apply for residency and citizenship for its parents,before it’s second bottle.

Thats why you see so many unaccompanied children being pushed over the border.

Most Afghans that worked with us have a paper trail that we already had on file,so they were pretty much already vetted.

The problem was,because of the immediate chaos at the airport,the crowds were basically just shoved onto an aircraft without checking their credentials first.

So they are not vetting the ones that they already had a file on,because they were already cleared,they are vetting the ones who were not cleared and just jumped on to the planes.

They flew them to military bases around the world in order to complete the vetting process before the finial destination.

I understand bringing them to the bases for the security aspect of a controlled guarded situation,until they can figure it out but the risk factor is in having just one understand the base operations and security levels for future reference.

What they are trying to avoid is the media headlines saying.

You just shoved 100,000 people onto planes where ISIS could have easily imbedded themselves and brought them into this country.

In the past,once vetted they automatically get dispersed to the different cities,the military base stop over is so if ISIS did get imbedded they can do the damage control.

We were the commanding force over there,our allies,private contractors who are not included in the count,CIA operations etc. were all flown out under their entities.

They did not take any Afghans with them,they were pissed off because they were not given notice and they were there under our shield of protection,like the UK,they did not want to be the last man standing on the tarmac so they had to scramble to get out before we did.

60% of our forces that were over there were DOD funded private contractors,private army,they were flown out by their corporate planes because they are not considered troops,when you watch the planes taking off from that airport in the videos,the all white ones with no markings,CIA and private contractor 747s.

They did not bring any Afghans out with them either.

The number was 15,000 Americans there,not including private contractors etc. or more because they were not required to register with the embassy there but they do not know.

The one that does know,would be the state department because they would have had to have the finial say before you could get permission to fly over there in the first place.

They know but do not want to say,wonder why?

The US sent 8000 troops over there,7000 of the 82nd airborne were sitting in Kuwait to be used as a back up in case the Taliban took Kabul,they already knew what was coming and prepared for it 2nd week in August,but left less then 650 troops at the Kabul airport for the evac.

The troops on the ground at the airport,knew they had a 50/50 chance of getting out of there alive.

Taliban was smart when they took control of Kabul,they cut off major highways and lines of communication and the flow of supplies into the city.

We were not taken by surprise at the speed that it fell or we have some of the dumbest generals in the world while the Taliban outsmarted the US military while pulling the most common way of conquering a city for the last 1000 years.

We took an risk assessment and determined what a acceptable lose of life was going to be and ran with it.

That is the tragedy that should have never happened.
    Last edited by Richard; September-21-21 at 10:53 AM.

The title of this article is "Welcoming Refugees to Detroit". Refugees are those people who put themselves at risk to help the United States in Afghanistan and their families. I've been troubled at how Pres. Biden plans to stay within his executive Mandate of May 3rd. limiting the annual number of refugees from all countries to 62,500 refugees from the entire world given that 100,000 or so non-Americans were evacuated from Afghanistan minus an undisclosed number of other foreigners.

I may have an answer. About a week ago, the NY Times wrote an article differentiating 'refugees' from 'evacuees'. Evacuees, it seems, are those who made it aboard without being a qualified refugees. Then I saw an article today with 'evacuees' in its title. It used the term 'refugee' 7 times and the term 'evacuee' 7 times. It referenced a Sept. 14th article by the same public radio publication that used 'refugee' 15 times and evacuee 7 times. That proves nothing but might suggest a change in parlance. We made a big effort to get refugees out but getting evacuees, whoever they are, was never cited as a goal. One technical definition between the two groups is that evacuees, a rare category we are told, are not provided with as much federal assistance.

The above article mentioned had to do with the Camp McCoy reception center in Wisconsin. I found another local article about the Camp Atterbury reception center in Indiana. Skimming past unsubstantiated claims by National Guardsmen about incidents that were going on there, Rep. Victoria Spartz said “Over 66-hundred people, only 25 had actual documents,”“Only half of them had some kind of status in trying to apply [[for asylum or legal immigration to the US.)" She added that around 200 women at Atterbury are pregnant.

Camp McCoy just reported a couple of arrests made of assault and sexual acts with a child but did not specify that the two arrestees were refugees or evacuees. My suggestion to Detroit and other places accepting refugees is to insist on only taking in actual refugees and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The title of this article is "Welcoming Refugees to Detroit". Refugees are those people who put themselves at risk to help the United States in Afghanistan and their families. I've been troubled at how Pres. Biden plans to stay within his executive Mandate of May 3rd. limiting the annual number of refugees from all countries to 62,500 refugees from the entire world given that 100,000 or so non-Americans were evacuated from Afghanistan minus an undisclosed number of other foreigners.

I may have an answer. About a week ago, the NY Times wrote an article differentiating 'refugees' from 'evacuees'. Evacuees, it seems, are those who made it aboard without being a qualified refugees. Then I saw an article today with 'evacuees' in its title. It used the term 'refugee' 7 times and the term 'evacuee' 7 times. It referenced a Sept. 14th article by the same public radio publication that used 'refugee' 15 times and evacuee 7 times. That proves nothing but might suggest a change in parlance. We made a big effort to get refugees out but getting evacuees, whoever they are, was never cited as a goal. One technical definition between the two groups is that evacuees, a rare category we are told, are not provided with as much federal assistance.

The above article mentioned had to do with the Camp McCoy reception center in Wisconsin. I found another local article about the Camp Atterbury reception center in Indiana. Skimming past unsubstantiated claims by National Guardsmen about incidents that were going on there, Rep. Victoria Spartz said “Over 66-hundred people, only 25 had actual documents,”“Only half of them had some kind of status in trying to apply [[for asylum or legal immigration to the US.)" She added that around 200 women at Atterbury are pregnant.

Camp McCoy just reported a couple of arrests made of assault and sexual acts with a child but did not specify that the two arrestees were refugees or evacuees. My suggestion to Detroit and other places accepting refugees is to insist on only taking in actual refugees and their families.

Good catch oladub. That's probably how Biden will spin the tale on the donkeys.

^ Spin the Tale indeed - the only distraction is everyone at each others throats.

Increasingly I shake my head that Biden was the best we could come up with... on so many levels.

You make a good point in the fact that we shouldn't and don't care about each other. What is sad is that I used to like this web site because it had content from folks that loved Detroit and didn't have an agenda. Now there is less than a half dozen of people like you that write exhaustively long diatribes every day about your own agendas and politics. You have hijacked this site, in my opinion.

You make a good point in the fact that we shouldn't and don't care about each other. What is sad is that I used to like this web site because it had content from folks that loved Detroit and didn't have an agenda. Now there is less than a half dozen of people like you that write exhaustively long diatribes every day about your own agendas and politics. You have hijacked this site, in my opinion.
    In response to #55...my bad

In response to #55...my bad
    Some like to hear themselves talk. It never ends.

If all you can see is agendas,then you need to look within.

This site like many others give you options,you can and are more then welcome to use the block poster option.

It is explained in the forum help section.

The other option is to simply scroll on by my posts and not read them if they trigger you so much.

Nobody is forcing you to read them.

How exactly are you contributing to the forum when you choose to create a distraction by commenting on the poster verses the content,you could very well be a part of the problem that you do not like.

You are going out of your way to make things personal when they are not,I am no different then anybody else,I have opinions sometimes backed up by facts,if you only choose to see things as you wish to,then you may have an agenda.

What people really do not care about is somebody that goes out of their way to tell the public that they did not like a post.

BFD Some times I wonder if the city is transforming from tough and gritty into a set for the powder puff girls.

You have no consistency when you call out my lengthy posts but nobody else’s.

Who really has the narrative?

I can read the archives just like anybody else,it’s the public,whenever you have differing of opinions there will be discourse,do you go along in real life and force everybody to discuss things that you only want to discuss?

If you choose not to care about somebody simply because you do not agree with them on different subjects,that is on you.

If you choose to call me a moron because you do not agree with me,that is indicative of your character and not mine.
    Last edited by Richard; September-24-21 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Case in point

...Now there is less than a half dozen of people like you that write exhaustively long diatribes every day about your own agendas and politics. You have hijacked this site, in my opinion.
    Confronting individual posters has no effect.

It's no secret that bots have targeted this site. And all others.

Individual trolls banned will be replaced by other employees of their employer. Their employer's funds are effectively infinite.

The reason that there is such an assault against free speech on the internet, with its fomenting of discord and disrupting of community, is that the oligarchy is terrified of the internet's power.

The only reason the oligarchy will stop this assault is if doing so will arrest its own loss of power.

Grant them one step forward in return for ten steps backward. Grant them ten steps forward in return for 100 steps backward.

The Great Resignation, a general strike, will prevail.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-24-21 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Confronting individual posters has no effect.

It's no secret that bots have targeted this site. And all others.

Individual trolls banned will be replaced by other employees of their employer. Their employer's funds are effectively infinite.

The reason that there is such an assault against free speech on the internet, with its fomenting of discord and disrupting of community, is that the oligarchy is terrified of the internet's power.

The only reason the oligarchy will stop this assault is if doing so will arrest its own loss of power.

Grant them one step forward in return for ten steps backward. Grant them ten steps forward in return for 100 steps backward.

The Great Resignation, a general strike, will prevail.

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    "

10 posts that have zero to do with the thread topic is not indicative of bots,more so individuals with personal narratives that like to regulate opinions and view points,or just do not want to hear more then one side of the problem.

People should probably just stick with the tried and true calling everybody a racist that they do not agree with,at least it is consistent and not having to come up with new terms.

I do not agree with you,so you must be a …………. fill in the blank,while adding zero to the actual discussion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3