Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ccbatson Guest

The other 2 say the same thing without the words "self evident", I wasn't ignoring them as they are synonymous.

Hopefully we will begin the see the last of these "birthers" of course I know something else will just take its place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/25/us...Mt/wXTVzjXETmw

“It’s an insult to his mother and to his father, and I knew his mother and father; they were my friends, and I have an emotional interest in that,” Governor Abercrombie said in a telephone interview late Thursday. “It’s an emotional insult. It is disrespectful to the president; it is disrespectful to the office.”

Two fact-checking groups, FactCheck.org and PolitiFact, concluded the document was authentic. A reporter for The Honolulu Advertiser also found two separate newspaper announcements of the president’s birth, one in The Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1961, and another in The Honolulu Star-Bulletin the next day. Both carried the words “Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, son, Aug. 4.”
    Still, the questions persisted. The certificate number is blacked out on the Internet copy, and Mr. Obama’s detractors have demanded the release of his original long-form birth certificate, which in Hawaii is not considered a public record. The state was so besieged by inquiries that Mr. Abercrombie’s predecessor, Linda Lingle, a Republican, signed a law allowing officials to ignore the queries as nuisances.

Small world. The Dunhams moved from Washington state to Hawaii in 1960 and Neil Abercrombie moved from NY state at about the same time after graduating with a BA in sociology in 1959. The Chicago Annenburg Challenge of the President's community service days and Factcheck.org both have ties to the Annenburg Foundation. This is not to question whether Mr. Abercrombie wasn't friends with the Dunhams. I am more interested in why, at this point, Mr. Abercrombie chose to jump into the fray. He couldn't have know the Dunhams very long before the Birth. They didn't arrive in Hawaii until 1960 and the President's mother left her presumed husband just three weeks after Barack Junior's birth in August 1961 to move back to Washington.

It's definitely a plus for the circumstantial and semi-documented case to be made that the President was born in Hawaii to have such a prominent person step forward with his emotional memories of his former friends. The Dunhams were responsible people who did raise their grandson after age 10 when his mother more or less dumped him off and long after his own father had abandoned him. It was the Dunhams who oversaw the future President's expensive private school education. Even the address listed in the newspapers a week after the President's birth listed the Obama family as living with the Dunhams, or at least at the same address. The President's mother was lucky to be able to go back and forth between Washington to Hawaii and back to Washington without paying out of state tuition.

I was surprised that Hawaii does not consider long form birth certificates to be public records. How strange. After all, the Certificate of Live Birth that was supposed to be based on information originally found in the original birth certificate which the President refuses, for whatever reason, to release.

Shame, though, on the outgoing Republican Governor for signing a law permitting the State to refuse to answer public inquiries. Imagine if every government agency could institute such law whenever they deemed inquiries or the press to be nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    They weren't sizable enough to prevent Obama from getting elected.

Now if they're throngs of sizable Americans.... That may well be true.

[[Double checking for an "r" in that word.)
    They were sizeable enough to prevent a complete Republican victory in the last election. During the pre-elections they defeated some sure-bet Republicans to win a seat but the resentment against them cost the Republicans victories. Indeed, she was not a witch but she was a succubus.

oladub

Even if you dismiss fact check. org as having ties with the Annenburg foundation that still doesn't account for politfact also verifying the birth certificate as accurate.

If the previous Republican governor had any idea that Obama's BC was out of line I believe she would have blown the whistle and thus become a rock star within her party.

While we can never know for absolute certaincy about his BC , I think the preponderance of evidence points to the birther movement as being a fraud and distraction to Obama's presidency.
    Last edited by firstandten; December-27-10 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    oladub

Even if you dismiss fact check. org as having ties with the Annenburg foundation that still doesn't account for politfact also verifying the birth certificate as accurate.

If the previous Republican governor had any idea that Obama's BC was out of line I believe she would have blown the whistle and thus become a rock star within her party.

While we can never know for absolute certaincy about his BC , I think the preponderance of evidence points to the birther movement as being a fraud and distraction to Obama's presidency.
    First, I agree that the preponderance of evidence, although a bit soft, suggests that the President was born somewhere in Hawaii. Conversely, there doesn't seem to be any good hard evidence that he was born elsewhere. I don't claim to know anything about the Politifact organization. I would prefer that the FBI or some similar agency, whose opinion, unlike PolitiFact or FactCheck's, would hold up in court, would vet federally elected candidates' qualifications. It would also be reasonable and legal for some states to require federal candidates to require that all such candidates at least provide a certified copy of their original birth certificates for instance. Even my kids had to have that much to attend school. Also, any such future legislation would not interfere with already elected officials so they could finish up their terms without such distractions and accusations. Of course, this President could easily diffuse the ongoing speculation by sending in a check for a certified copy of his original birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    First, I agree that the preponderance of evidence, although a bit soft,
    A bit soft? only to those who are "a bit soft" in the head. There is no legal difference between a "certificate of live birth" and a "birth certificate" - they are different terms for the same legal document. there were contemporatry birth annoncements in the local papers. that, my friend, is not a "bit soft" any more than any proof you have about where you were born.

Default Breaking News

Folks this is a game changer. You can ignore my last few posts on the subject
    That Borowitz guy is on the case

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-b..._b_802149.html

KAILUA, HAWAII [[The Borowitz Report) - Leaders of the so-called Birther movement followed President Obama on his Hawaiian vacation today to demand that Hawaii prove it is actually a U.S. state.
    Mr. Obama's claim to American citizenship has rested on his birthplace being Hawaii, but the Birthers argued today that Hawaii's claim to being part of America is far from a foregone conclusion.
    Speaking to reporters in Kailua, Birther leader Orly Taitz said that Hawaii cannot be considered part of the United States "unless it can produce an authentic statehood certificate.

The Birthers' contention that Hawaii is not a state promptly drew support from one leading Republican politician, former Governor Sarah Palin.
    "To be honest, it's something I've always kind of wondered about," Gov. Palin said. "Hawaii just isn't an American-sounding name, like Alaska."

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    A bit soft? only to those who are "a bit soft" in the head. There is no legal difference between a "certificate of live birth" and a "birth certificate" - they are different terms for the same legal document. there were contemporatry birth annoncements in the local papers. that, my friend, is not a "bit soft" any more than any proof you have about where you were born.
    If there is no legal difference, why do they come in two flavors or is this a talking point from the Daily Kos?

If you are correct, then you can show us the name of the hospital and delivery doctor as found on the certification of live birth on the copy the Democratic Party mysteriously turned over to friendlies at the Annenburg FactCheck. If only the individual to whom a birth certificate belongs may request the release of a birth certificate, then why didn't the President request a copy of his original birth certificate instead of a certification of live birth? Did he save a few dollars? in fact, no one has even suggested that the President requested or paid for a Certification of Live Birth which is a requirement. Assuming it isn't forged, do you have any idea how the Democratic Party otherwise obtained it? I mean this thing stinks to high heaven. Even Chris Matthews, who opposes birthers, is now saying that the President should quite playing games and produce a copy of his original birth certificate.
    http://www.breitbart.tv/chris-matthe...h-certificate/

Why on earth doesn't the President just pay the $10 or $15 for a copy of his original birth certificate instead of spending a million dollars on lawyers to put a lid on his past? It doesn't look good.

The contemporary birth announcements in local newspapers you mentions are probably legitimate. They showed up 8 and 9 days after His birth. Unfortunately, they had the wrong address for Mr. and Mrs. Barack Obama, Senior. The Obama's lived at the Dunham residence according to the papers. Mr. Barack Obama Senior had another address on Ocean Street at the time. Mrs. Obama, Junior's Mother, [[not his other wife in Africa) doesn't seem to have an address anywhere at the time. Maybe she was living with her parents. I'm interested in learning more about the Obama's wedding - where and when. Perhaps you have something on that.

Since Mrs. Obama left Hawaii as a single mother three weeks after having Junior, it is possible the Obamas weren't getting along so it is possible she was staying with her folks when Junior was born. If Barack senior was a bigamist, then it wasn't a legal marriage if there was one and Junior would be a US citizen no matter where he was born. The Certification of Live Birth that showed up at FactCheck does say He was born in Oahu. Recently, the President sent out a letter specifying that He was born in the Kapi'olani Medical Cener for Women and Children. Since the UPI and some of his relatives had said that He was born at the Queen's Hospital, it was getting messy. Everyone needed to be on the same page. We won't even get into what his African relatives claim. To get everyone on the same page, the more official but undocumented story is that he was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Cener for Women and Children in Oahu.

Perhaps some states could pass laws requiring all candidates on respective state ballots produce copies of their original birth certificates. It is within their power to do so and since we have been assured by Hawaiian bureaucrats that such a document exists, there should be no problem.

firstandten-
    Another funny one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWorzf7QAE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3