Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I just check some of the other cities that also lost population, and this time [[unlike in 2010), none of them really came close to Detroit's loss.

In fact, a lot of the cities people expected massive declines from [[such as Chicago for example, is a favorite to pick on around here) posted massive gains.

And while Duggan may be calling foul over the results, you have to also consider these are numbers Detroit posted *WITH* the *BIGGEST* outreach campaign in the city's history.
    Last edited by 313WX; August-15-21 at 05:40 PM.

Uhh this was hardly the biggest outreach, maybe it was supposed to be. They were planning lots of in person events and door to door counting. That was all ruined by Covid and didn't happen. Detroit is also a lot harder to count than Chicago.

Chicago did not post "massive" gains either. They got by with 1%. It's also completely possible Chicago is losing large amounts of people right now since the city and metro only started showing negative estimates around 2014 and was growing before that. Could be that the gains before were larger than thought and kept them positive through the decade. Which is probably the case since Mexican immigration in Chicago had come to a complete halt around the middle of the decade.

I'm just happy to see the MSA at least a little in the black. Detroit's population will follow at some point, I'm guessing sooner rather than later. Things look better to me in this region than they did in 2010. Maybe that's a low bar, but it is better.

Oh yeah, no doubt. This state, this city are all in a completely different place they were in 2010. It's been a remarkable change and nobody would have predicted we'd be like this just ten years after the great recession and the lost decade of the 2000's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3