Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    0-3 WOW! What a great start!
    This arithmetic thing really has you baffled. That's 0-2 and it's a 17 game schedule. You can ignore the 1st column, wins, and just add up the 2nd column. It will equal games played. When you get to 17 you stop.
    Last edited by 401don; September-21-21 at 07:49 AM.

Now you stop it with comments like that Danny...... You could get into a great deal of trouble these days [on multiple levels]!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same ole' stinky pussy cats! Playing football like girls!

Packers 33
    Lions 17

Both defense and offense SUX!

0-3 WOW! What a great start!

The Bobby Lanes Curse continues.

I should have gone to bed at halftime...

Offensive line looks like it'll be solid. Get Decker back, figure out who's playing RT, and you can largely forget about that unit for the next couple of seasons.

Running game is improved from seasons past. Problem is once you go down two scores you have to set it aside.

Goff looked more than presentable in the first half, much less so in the 2nd. Cephus made a couple of great plays on the first drive, largely disappeared after that, and was the best WR by a mile. Hockensen can be as good as Kelce or Kittle, but not as long as he's the only legit receiving weapon on the field.

Defense still just lacks talent. The d-line and safeties actually looks OK, better than last year, but still need at least one elite player or two between those units. Linebackers are even worse than last year which I didn't think was even possible at the time. Need to trot out the rookie Barnes, see if he's worthwhile, and plan on giving a shove towards the graveyard to the rest of them once the season ends. Corners are a mess, hurts to be without two because of injuries. And hopefully they pull the plug on the Ourwariye thing soon, because he's just not starting caliber in the NFL.

Doesn't look right now that there's a lot of QB talent at the top of the draft for next year. With them probably having three of the top 35 picks, hope for two defensive players and one WR in the draft that can be starters.

Campbell looks like he'll be a good coach and so far the staff looks solid. With wins likely scarce, if he can keep these guys playing and keep them holding their heads high, he'll do just fine once they keep improving the overall talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    This arithmetic thing really has you baffled. That's 0-2 and it's a 17 game schedule. You can ignore the 1st column, wins, and just add up the 2nd column. It will equal games played. When you get to 17 you stop.
    Forgive Danny. He's just looking ahead to the Ravens this Sunday when the wobbling wheels fall off.

This team has the roster depth of a blowup 3 ring toddler's pool, and things are only going to get worse.

Am I the only one who likes to read our coach's lips on the sidelines ? He's the F bomb king to whomever he's talking to on that headset.

That was a beautiful pass Goff threw to Hockinson in the corner of the end zone in the first half.

The Lions have no defense. I mean no pass defense, no run defense. The announcers said something about the Lions losing their number 1 cornerback, Jeff Okaudh for the season. I thought I was hearing things, he was the best they had?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That was a beautiful pass Goff threw to Hockinson in the corner of the end zone in the first half.
    Goff has a history of throwing interceptions. And it appears that he fumbles often. IMHO almost every other team has a better QB than the Lions.

You can say 0-3 now Danny. Never in doubt when it's the Lions.

I’m really unhappy with Campbell. He never should have taken that last time out - it took the wind out of the sails of the Lions. It sure looked like there should have been a delay of game penalty against the Ravens at the end of that game, but the Lions should have stopped them anyway.

A horrible loss. As bad or worse then anything I can remember. This will stay with me for a while, it’s not going to go away.

Meanwhile, out here in the barren desert, Las Vegas Raiders are 3 - 0. Another reason I'm glad I moved.

And Matt Stafford and the Rams beat Brady and the Bucs; 3-0 for Staff now.

SOL - bags already out. . . ...

Name:  Bag Lions.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  74.3 KB

I see this loss strictly half full. A thriller to the last second. The lions punched way above their talent level and kept themselves in a game that clearly the opponent has more talent and playmakers. They over came multiple mistakes and kept on fighting without quit. Like it or hate it they did improve their draft position for the future. The only way this team can solve their talent deficit is to draft high and well. Winning to many games this year when they obviously cannot win playoff games or even be in them with the currant roster is pointless. As much as losing sucks, this game is exactly the best way to endure it and build a stronger team for the future.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; September-26-21 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I see this loss strictly half full. A thriller to the last second. The lions punched way above their talent level and kept themselves in a game that clearly the opponent has more talent and playmakers. They over came multiple mistakes and kept on fighting without quit. And like it or hate it they did improve their draft position for the future. The only way this team can solve their talent deficit is to draft high and well. Winning to many games this year when they obviously cannot win playoff games or even be in them with the currant roster is pointless. As much as losing sucks, this game is exactly the best way to endure it and build a stronger team for the future.
    Couldn’t agree more. We’re a rebuilding team, but I saw a lot I liked. The defense was a little shaky I the beginning against Jackson’s run but quickly and efficiently corrected that mistake, the offense made some awful plays, bu also adjusted. I saw the 1sr half and only a little of the second, but I like where this team is headed, nail biter til the end, it Christ we need some catchers or someone to protect Goff a little more. I know losing sucks, but there is definitely improvements. Of course I really like Campbell do far and hated Patricia from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Meanwhile, out here in the barren desert, Las Vegas Raiders are 3 - 0. Another reason I'm glad I moved.
    Thought you gave up on the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. We’re a rebuilding team, but I saw a lot I liked. The defense was a little shaky I the beginning against Jackson’s run but quickly and efficiently corrected that mistake, the offense made some awful plays, bu also adjusted. I saw the 1sr half and only a little of the second, but I like where this team is headed, nail biter til the end, it Christ we need some catchers or someone to protect Goff a little more. I know losing sucks, but there is definitely improvements. Of course I really like Campbell do far and hated Patricia from the get go.
    I don't agree, the Lions have been rebuilding for 60 years. The mantra is always the same, tank for draft picks. All the rebuilds have led to one playoff win in 63 years. I'm not buying it, other teams turn over rosters and become respectable in a year or two. Maybe this team will be competitive by the end of the year, I'm not saying that isn't going to happen but I'm not going to revel in losing if they don't.

On the "swift-kick" positive side: Lions fans actually saw history in the making with NO Saints Tom Dempsey kick a "new record" 63-yard field goal in 1970 to win the game 19-17 in the final seconds.

On Sunday, Lions fans saw history being created again with Justin Tucker on the Baltimore Ravens kick a "new record" 66-yard field goal with only 3-seconds left on the clock to win 19-17.

History tends to repeat itself. . . ...Lions losing [[since '57) & other teams breaking NFL records while winning.

Shalom, my bro's.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-27-21 at 06:01 AM.

The time has long past for the Fords to sell this team. The owners have been the common denominator since November 1963.

Not only are the Lions a hopeless team, they are unlucky too.

Just a few more inches on the spot of the play before that bounce in NFL record FG and....

It's as if they have a Bambino-type curse.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    Thought you gave up on the NFL.
    None take a knee any more, so I thought maybe it was okay.

I didn't like the way the game ended but I liked what I saw. People are getting frustrated by them losing, when we're three games into what has clearly been announced as a multi-year rebuild.

Everybody, me included, expected the Ravens to win by at least three touchdowns. There are no moral victories but the fact that they were up on them until the last second ticked off the clock was impressive. They harrassed Lamar Jackson all day. Reeves-Maybin and Barnes looked head and shoulders above what Jamie Collins offered. Swift looked solid all day. AJ Parker, undrafted rookie, looks about as solid a nickel corner as I've seen this team have in a long time.

These receivers are godawful. Unfortunately everybody knew that going in. You always hope, though, that someone will break out and surprise. So far that hasn't happened.

These guys are playing better every week. That's Campbell's measuring stick this season, and so far he's checking the boxes for me.

Love reading all those who want to put the sins of the past on the shoulders of the people out there today. Go for it if it makes you happy. Honestly, Shelia Ford Hamp is doing everything that fans wanted WCF and Martha to do for decades. Anybody falling back on the SOL mantra clearly isn't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    None take a knee any more, so I thought maybe it was okay.
    I clearly remember you giving up on the NFL because of the extremely overpaid players that you mentioned in literally dozens of posts. It would seem that you have exceptions for the overpaid Vegas NFL players…

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    It would seem that you have exceptions for the overpaid Vegas NFL players…
    Naw, they're overpaid too. All pro sports jocks are. But since their practice facility is but a mile from my house, they've aroused my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’m really unhappy with Campbell. He never should have taken that last time out - it took the wind out of the sails of the Lions. It sure looked like there should have been a delay of game penalty against the Ravens at the end of that game, but the Lions should have stopped them anyway.

A horrible loss. As bad or worse then anything I can remember. This will stay with me for a while, it’s not going to go away.
    Based on his brief timeas head coach of the Dolphins, Campbell is a greatmotivator, but a lousy game manager. He sux at time management. Get him a good assistant to do that and he will have the team fired up for every game. I think 5-12 is realistic, but Campbell will keep it fun.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast