Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

On the more positive side: took the easy Under & Points for a 2-parlay Win!

The Lions brought coach Campbell to tears :[

The coach should demand a robust handkerchief supply in his contract.

As far as Jared Goff goes, it's pretty clear he is a small cut below Matthew Stafford. I was never in love with Stafford at all, I felt it was time for a change. Also, Goff has nobody to throw to this season - his receivers are practice squad, beer league material.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

The coach should demand a robust handkerchief supply in his contract.
    Well, Jon Gruden's suddenly available....

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    As far as Jared Goff goes, it's pretty clear he is a small cut below Matthew Stafford. I was never in love with Stafford at all, I felt it was time for a change. Also, Goff has nobody to throw to this season - his receivers are practice squad, beer league material.
    If Stafford was still the QB, record would still be 0-5. News media knuckleheads believe a simple QB draft selection will automatically bring "elite", sure, yep, right? Just like 1st-rounders Andre Ware, Chuck Long, Joey Harrington. . . ...at least Goff has won playoff games "on the road" & been to the SB, maybe they should "coach" him w/talent, because the SOLs sure cannot "coach-up" newbie 1st-round QB busts.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-12-21 at 01:11 PM.

Meanwhile, here on the left coast, the Raider's coach resigned because of comments he made ten years ago. Unlike the Lions, though, he's over .500 in wins.

Political correctness lives forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Meanwhile, here on the left coast, the Raider's coach resigned because of comments he made ten years ago. Unlike the Lions, though, he's over .500 in wins.

Yeah, PC. Gimme a break. Gruden was revealed for the racist homophobe he undoubtedly always was and still is. These kind of guys don't change. Guys like him make up the core of the Trump cult and continue to thwart progress in this country. And you wonder why players take a knee. You gonna "quit the NFL" over this greasy weasel being given his walking papers or wait until some "Michelin lips" [[Gruden's words) decides to---OMG!!--silently protest the anthem?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    And it took only five games to make those tears flow. I am unimpressed. This team needs talent and coaching. Crying about the Lions losing is not going to do a damn thing. Nobody is going to give your dolly back to ya in this league coach.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    Yeah, PC. Gimme a break. Gruden was revealed for the racist homophobe he undoubtedly always was and still is. These kind of guys don't change. Guys like him make up the core of the Trump cult and continue to thwart progress in this country. And you wonder why players take a knee. You gonna "quit the NFL" over this greasy weasel being given his walking papers or wait until some "Michelin lips" [[Gruden's words) decides to---OMG!!--silently protest the anthem?
    Agreed. Gruden showed who he is. Ironically, if the NFL wasn't investigating the WFT, these e-mails would have never came out. Sad thing is, there are plenty more important people in the NFL that think the same way as him. Trump's rhetoric and ideologies has really destroyed this country to the point that his people really believe the Big Lie. He'll ride off into the sunset, with enough $$ and never be heard from anymore. He's done. Won't be a HC or TV analyst ever again.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-13-21 at 05:46 AM.

I guess you missed the part where seven years worth of e-mails were released with him disparaging black people, women, and gay people over the span.

Actually, no, you probably didn't miss that. You probably read that he went on for that long and thought 'good on him, there's a man of conviction'.

Well, I can guarantee you that the Lions will not end up the season at 0 - 16.

That's only because there are 17 games this year.

Well, I can guarantee you that the Lions will not end up the season at 0 - 16.

That's only because there are 17 games this year.
    Figured that out all by yourself did ya?

What is maddening to me is that the Lions STILL have no decent backup QB. They should have pulled Goff out. I know he has nobody to throw to, but he was horrible today. The other night, Russel Wilson got hurt, the Seahawks brought out a ready and able Geno Smith. Lions don't have anybody like that - I guess that's because they're the Lions.

Seemed to me, and I hope I'm wrong, that this team quit on that coach today.

Same ole Pussy Cats!

BENGELS 34
    LIONS 11

0-6

Six down eleven to go.

Offensive still sucks! And so is the defense!

Goff goofed again! Any more excuses coach!

Sell the team Ford Family.

The Rams are next and good luck Stafford is ready to tame the bad ole' putty tats.

Hey Martha. . .Sheila, Rod, Spielman: its week#6 & still no kneecaps bitten off, hello? Your team is the "only" team w/o a win currently & the basic coaching fundamentals of the games are missing? You were pummeled by the "tame" Bengals today. . .

Talk is cheap, the hyperbole "rah-rah" didn't work like we all expected, time for a couple[[s) of immediate concrete change[[s) to start turning this boat around [[ship) & the crowd from exiting before 1/2-time.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-17-21 at 07:02 PM.

What a pitiful performance that was. Lions had 0 points and only 95 yards in first 3 quarters, before tacking some on at the end after game was way out of reach against Cincy subs. This offense is unwatchable and an affront to anyone watching these games and expecting NFL-level play. We all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year, but putting this kind of team on the field making this kind of [[non-) effort is just shameful.

Oh, and on the Gruden issue. Showing oneself to be a racist pig, whether 10 years ago or yesterday, should be thoroughly unacceptable in any walk of life. But it sure as hell looks especially appalling for someone in a leadership position in a majority black league where non-white players are literally putting their physical well-being on the line for your organization on every play. From a management perspective it's not a matter of PC at all. Gruden would now be unable to gain the trust or respect of his players, and is thus incapable of managing an NFL team anymore and had to go. There was no other choice.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-17-21 at 07:23 PM.

Malik Willis anyone?

Goff doesn’t seem all that interested in making the most of his chance here, just saying…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mBRsyR-3KI

Dear Lions fans--I know you don't want to hear this, especially from someone who no longer lives there. But I do have a vestigial rooting interest in the Lions. I've lived in many places: Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Tokyo & Bangkok. Although without a professional sports team in Thailand, I have beautiful weather & TV access to MLB, NBA, NFL, tennis & college football & baseball games. I have attended many baseball games in Japan. When are you going to do something about surviving cold weather & shitty sports teams? The Lions & Tigers are perpetual cellar dwellers. Rise up or move. It brought me no pleasure writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by timinasia View Post
    Dear Lions fans--I know you don't want to hear this, especially from someone who no longer lives there. But I do have a vestigial rooting interest in the Lions. I've lived in many places: Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Tokyo & Bangkok. Although without a professional sports team in Thailand, I have beautiful weather & TV access to MLB, NBA, NFL, tennis & college football & baseball games. I have attended many baseball games in Japan. When are you going to do something about surviving cold weather & shitty sports teams? The Lions & Tigers are perpetual cellar dwellers. Rise up or move. It brought me no pleasure writing this.
    This post just seemed like some weird way for you brag about where you’ve lived with almost no connection to sports. Go away

Quote Originally Posted by timinasia View Post
    You are not a sports fan. Real fans cheer for their team no matter what and don't casually switch loyalties regardless of where they live. It's okay to make fun of your own team. It's laugh or cry sometimes. It's even therapeutic. However you never go on another team's site and make fun of or criticize their fans. I would suggest you move away as far as possible but, luckily, you already have.

Even Jacksonville won their 1st game yesterday. The Lions are the only remaining "winless" team. Fits the narrative of their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The other night, Russel Wilson got hurt, the Seahawks brought out a ready and able Geno Smith.
    Geno Smith is awful.

Anybody that watches this team is certifiably insane. How can you watch a team that literally has been a loser for decades and keep any kind of hope it will change? I tune in for a couple mins to hear the score on Sundays just to laugh!

Can he see the whole field when he goes to make a pass, because apparently Goff doesn't have that ability. He has to pick a receiver and go with that; he can't change up if he needs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Geno Smith is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Hey Martha. . .Sheila, Rod, Spielman...
    Spielman must especially regret that his decision to join the Lions will drag down his previously happy reputation.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast