Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The Lions are inventing a whole new sport. It utilizes the same field, ball, pads, etc., as NFL football; but the center snaps the ball to the opposing team. The idea is to befuddle your opponent with never-before-seen blunders.
    Now your talking. . . ...reverse psychology to fool the opposition, love it!

Who knows, maybe they can bring back Dan Orlovskys' famous move by running out the back of the end zone for a Safety [[2-pts to the other team).

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Now your talking. . . ...reverse psychology to fool the opposition, love it!

Who knows, maybe they can bring back Dan Orlovskys' famous move by running out the back of the end zone for a Safety [[2-pts to the other team).
    Yeah, I remember that. He ran out of the back of the EZ after taking the snap in the shotgun. Against Green Bay or Minnesota, and of course the two points were the margin of defeat. That was during the Lions' 0-16 season in 2008. You gotta hand it to them, they came up with new ways to lose that season [[well, every season).

Looking ahead, 0-8 is surely on the horizon. If I were the Vikings I'd blitz someone different on every play.

The biggest illusion so far this year was the Ravens game. They played with 7 people missing, dropped passes to wide open receivers, came out flat as a pancake with a conservative strategy to protect Lamar from having to run, figuring they could win a game without risking any injuries. The any given Sunday rule does not apply to this team.

The best thing to happen to the Lions so far this year was the Rams loss last week. There's a long way to go, but they might not even win their division let alone the Super Bowl. At a minimum we'll have 3 picks in the 1st 33 next year. The Rams, not us, will decide our draft fate, for our place this year is written in stone.

Where is our 2nd round pick ?

I hate to sound like Ray, but who are these people paying $250 a seat to watch this crap ? That buys a lot of cider & donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post

I hate to sound like Ray, but who are these people paying $250 a seat to watch this crap ? That buys a lot of cider & donuts.
    LOL! Also, for what it's worth, I can't help but notice all kinds of political statements written on the lower portion of the NFL helmets. Everything from "Black Lives Matter" to other, uh, 'inspirational' comments. Hey, to each his own, but it doesn't seem very professional to me.

With the Lions, they could probably use MORE inspirational quotes and a few prayers on those helmets
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    LOL! Also, for what it's worth, I can't help but notice all kinds of political statements written on the lower portion of the NFL helmets. Everything from "Black Lives Matter" to other, uh, 'inspirational' comments. Hey, to each his own, but it doesn't seem very professional to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Looking ahead, 0-8 is surely on the horizon. If I were the Vikings I'd blitz someone different on every play.

The biggest illusion so far this year was the Ravens game. They played with 7 people missing, dropped passes to wide open receivers, came out flat as a pancake with a conservative strategy to protect Lamar from having to run, figuring they could win a game without risking any injuries. The any given Sunday rule does not apply to this team.

The best thing to happen to the Lions so far this year was the Rams loss last week. There's a long way to go, but they might not even win their division let alone the Super Bowl. At a minimum we'll have 3 picks in the 1st 33 next year. The Rams, not us, will decide our draft fate, for our place this year is written in stone.

Where is our 2nd round pick ?

When it comes to the Lions, it’s always the same story, tank for draft pics. It’s hard for me to get all jiggly because they have all these draft picks, for obvious reasons.

Some of those 50 years ago who took a nightstick to the side of the head or got called derogatory names by the beat cops or who were told to speak up and answer the question but also told to shut up and learn their place if they spoke would probably appreciate seeing those players stand up for them right about now.

When you're in your own home, I'm guessing you probably actually say the words 'learn their place'.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Some of those 50 years ago who took a nightstick to the side of the head or got called derogatory names by the beat cops or who were told to speak up and answer the question but also told to shut up and learn their place if they spoke would probably appreciate seeing those players stand up for them right about now.

When you're in your own home, I'm guessing you probably actually say the words 'learn their place'.
    I know some retired cops, two in the family & a couple in the neighborhood. To listen to them talk, they seem obsessed with BLM--and Hillary Clinton too, as fucking strange as that seems to me. Ray's probably upset that there aren't any MAGA stickers on the Raiders' helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    Ray's probably upset that there aren't any MAGA stickers on the Raiders' helmets.
    Wrong. I think Trump has turned into a whack job. And I truly like Joe Biden. Low key and doing his job. Surprised?

Lions are 10 point road dogs vs. the Vikings on Saturday from some of the books. The Vikings are horrible, Vegas must think the Lions are way worse. Lions and the new regime sure aren't getting any love from anyone - it's pretty sad.
    Last edited by softailrider; October-08-21 at 05:55 PM.

Wrong. I think Trump has turned into a whack job. And I truly like Joe Biden. Low key and doing his job. Surprised?
    You like him why? because he's low key and doing his job badly? What exactly do you think he's doing good?

Fake news!

Or do we start calling Ray "Lefty"?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You like him why? because he's low key and doing his job badly? What exactly do you think he's doing good?

Well, he is a fair President. Not only did he arm our Troops, he also armed the opposing side.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Well, he is a fair President. Not only did he arm our Troops, he also armed the opposing side.
    Agree 100%. Fair is fair. The MIC will be paid handsomely to replace every piece of equipment left behind. The war always was about the MIC's profitability. Every president takes his orders from the MIC.

Agree 100%. Fair is fair. The MIC will be paid handsomely to replace every piece of equipment left behind. The war always was about the MIC's profitability. Every president takes his orders from the MIC.
    The Malaysian Indian Congress?

Who knew?

Nice afternoon to watch the Lions play and root for the Vikings

I just spent most of the second quarter picking up dog shit in the back yard. Somewhere in there is a Lions joke but I just don't care enough to find it.

Hoo boy. The Lions are intent on setting the record for most 19-17 losses on last-second FGs. Two so far this season...and two-thirds of the schedule still to play. Forget the Bobby Layne curse, it's the Tom Dempsey Curse now.

Gutsy call on the 2-point conversion. Agreed with it completely, even if it failed. But they made it...and still lost.

The Lions are truly cursed.

Thank heavens the Lions lost to the Vikings, preserving the perfect record.

They're never going to call Goff "The Come-Back Kid"....

Same ole stinking pussy cats!

VIKINGS 19
    LIONS 17

One fumble and the defense could hold the Viking Longboats!

0-5

Five down twelve to go.

Rebuilding since 1957. And the Bobby Layne Curse continues.

SELL THE TEAM, SELL THE TEAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They're never going to call Goff "The Come-Back Kid"....
    That's because the Goff Goofed

He will quit the Lions after 3 years. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's because the Goff Goofed
    Whatever happened to Joey Harrington?

Whatever happened to Joey Harrington?
    Or Joey Heatherton....

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast