Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Platform has 6 new retail locations in there properties.

Good mix of things.

https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news...rs-to-detroit/

Meanwhile in Capitol Park Bird Bee and Go Sy Thai are closing. Between these two, City Bark, and Detroit Bikes, The Albert seems to have trouble keeping business alive in their spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Meanwhile in Capitol Park Bird Bee and Go Sy Thai are closing. Between these two, City Bark, and Detroit Bikes, The Albert seems to have trouble keeping business alive in their spaces.
    And that's very horrible. Those owners took that risk and will lose their businesses. Don't just blame COVID for this mess.

Those are businesses that more than foot traffic walking by, rely primarily on local residents having a need for them. If they were well run then it says there's still not enough downtown residents to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Those are businesses that more than foot traffic walking by, rely primarily on local residents having a need for them. If they were well run then it says there's still not enough downtown residents to support them.
    The problem that those retail had were being targeted victims to continuing theft. Madewell, I think had fallen victim to theft as well as Ferne. There were enough foot traffic to support these businesses just as there are enough foot traffic to support Nike and H&M. Does Good Cakes and Bake have enough local residents to support its restaurant? Do Busted and The Lip Bar have enough local residents to support their stores? The answer is No. Most or their clientele come from without. Not from within. The foot traffic didn't increase Downtown until Nike, Birdbee, Madewell, H&M and the once Under Armour had opened in the area. Detroit need to continue to get retail that will cater to all and increase foot traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The problem that those retail had were being targeted victims to continuing theft. Madewell, I think had fallen victim to theft as well as Ferne.
    You have a source on this?

I think Detroit FC was taking over the Detroit Bikes shop and looks like an Indian Restaurant is taking over Go Sy Thai.

Meanwhile isn't the Hudson Block suppose to be done this year? Haven't heard of any retailer announcements. Also the whole rumor of Apple Store on Woodward has gone quite.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    You have a source on this?
    It was reported on WDIV and the free press of the overnight break insthat had occurred at the stores mentioned

It was reported on WDIV and the free press of the overnight break insthat had occurred at the stores mentioned
    Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?
    You could Google it.

I think that the stores on Woodward generated the foot traffic that is currently on Woodward. Woodward was a ghost town before Nike had opened. Most of the foot traffic comes from the suburbs and the surrounding areas of Detroit. Not the downtown area. Foot traffic will increase once more national chain stores such as Apple, Nautica, Adidas, and a few local independent stores such as LipBar open on that strip.

New Computer store quietly open on Livernois near 7 Mike called Human I.T. I am having trouble posting the link on here

You could Google it.
    I'm very interested in reading both of these articles, but I can't seem to find anything on either of these news sites. Maybe you can point me in the right direction, since you've read them before.

Looks like Lululemon might be moving to where Under Armour used to be. Saw Lululemon sign on building and windows covered today.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Looks like Lululemon might be moving to where Under Armour used to be. Saw Lululemon sign on building and windows covered today.
    I talked with one of the clerks and she said the move is temporary while they redo their current store. It's a bit disappointing because the old UA space is a lot larger and has great character.

I talked with one of the clerks and she said the move is temporary while they redo their current store. It's a bit disappointing because the old UA space is a lot larger and has great character.
    Maybe but it's encouraging they are renovating their existing space. While the company is doing well, they have had a few store closings.

New Computer store quietly open on Livernois near 7 Mike called Human I.T. I am having trouble posting the link on here
    It's not exactly a normal store, although it is a store. I walked by it a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely packed with people at like 10AM on a weekday.

Here's a link about it: https://www.rocketcommunityfund.org/...igital-divide/

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    It's not exactly a normal store, although it is a store. I walked by it a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely packed with people at like 10AM on a weekday.

Here's a link about it: https://www.rocketcommunityfund.org/...igital-divide/
    You are correct. It us not your typical computer store such as Staples, Apple, or Microcenter. Refurbished and new laptops and tablets are sold there. At least Dan Gilbert's Rocket had opened something on that strip and in Detroit that was lacking. The store need to have signage on the 7 mile side of the store instead of just the Stoepel side street parking side.

You could Google it.
    Any update on those links?

Any update on those links?
    No. I just Google Detroit retail stores suffered breakins

Not really retail, but sort of fits with the theme here.

Chipotle opening Woodward Ave. location in Detroit | Crain's Detroit Business [[crainsdetroit.com)

hipotle Mexican Grill Inc. is opening its first downtown Detroit location.The Newport Beach, Calif.-based chain confirmed it is opening a restaurant immediately south of Shake Shack on Woodward Avenue in space owned by Dan Gilbert's Bedrock LLC real estate company.
    Annie Gradinger, a spokesperson for Chipotle, said the restaurant is expected to open in the spring. They typically employ about 25.

Has it been confirmed
    If the news about having an Apple Store at the Hudsonsite Building in Gilbert Town Detroit hits Crain's Detroit Business Front Page. I will believe it. Right now it's not confirmed by Dan Gilbert or Bedrock Properties.

Another hit to Downtown retail [[and Michigan business in general), Moosejaw is closing all but 3 of it's stores, including Downtown Detroit. Don't worry though, you can just go to Dicks for all your outdoor needs... Same experience as Moosejaw, right..?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/retail...tores-michigan

Big corporate overlord buys, and subsequently kills small funky mom-and-pop place. Tale as old as time.

Another hit to Downtown retail [[and Michigan business in general), Moosejaw is closing all but 3 of it's stores, including Downtown Detroit. Don't worry though, you can just go to Dicks for all your outdoor needs... Same experience as Moosejaw, right..?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/retail...tores-michigan

Big corporate overlord buys, and subsequently kills small funky mom-and-pop place. Tale as old as time.
    Will Dicks open in that spot? A smaller Dick's store probably?

Will Dicks open in that spot? A smaller Dick's store probably?
    Extremely unlikely. Firstly, they are moving in the other direction to even larger stores with interactive areas - golf simulators, climbing walls, etc. Secondly, all of their stores are in the suburbs because that makes the most sense for their type of business. The one exception I'm aware of is a plan to open in the Prudential Center in Boston, but Detroit is not Boston. Thirdly, they've recently gone public with stating increased theft was driving their lower revenues, something you state is a problem in downtown Detroit.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast