Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Why are people allowed to loiter outside the CVS at Campus Martius on Woodward harassing people as they go in and come out. One guy even has a chair set up outside the door so that he could sit there everyday and harassing people. Where is Dan Gilbert's security or the police
    Because sidewalks are public property and they’re not doing anything illegal. The police can’t trespass them like they would if they were in the store.

I’ve never heard of them harassing anyone either. All they do is ask for money. Just say no and keep walking.
    Last edited by NSortzi; September-20-22 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Because sidewalks are public property and they’re not doing anything illegal. The police can’t trespass them like they would if they were in the store.

I’ve never heard of them harassing anyone either. All they do is ask for money. Just say no and keep walking.
    New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem

[QUOTE=stasu1213;628390]New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem[/QUOTE

That's because 9 million people live in NYC. Where are they supposed to walk? In the street?

[QUOTE=Former_Detroiter;628392]
    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem[/QUOTE

That's because 9 million people live in NYC. Where are they supposed to walk? In the street?
    Panhandle are not to stand in doorways or in front of any establishment in New York or Chicago and harass customers. Sure they may do it away from the business but not right in front of the doorway.

[QUOTE=stasu1213;628405]
    Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Panhandle are not to stand in doorways or in front of any establishment in New York or Chicago and harass customers. Sure they may do it away from the business but not right in front of the doorway.
    Asking for money is not harassment. It may be annoying, but it is not harassment.

Smart businesses/ store don't withstanding public sidewalks. People have been robbed, cursed - spat at and not everyone's reaching into their pocket/ purse for money rendering themselves vulnerable. I'm not.

I've experienced verbal assaults [including persons grab my car door to gain entry at gas stations] and avoid places allowing loitering on their property.

We know that the policing of vagrants is nil in parts of a Cali and New York.

The result is not surprising: forceful, angry demands for money, stepping over needles, human feces, urine; encounters of violent, erratic behaviors, robberies, nudity, etc to get to your car or public transportation [where even more joy awaits]. We see how that's worked out and most don't want it.

Businesses are suffering...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmpXURWlJg

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; November-07-22 at 07:21 PM.