Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Looks like 511 Woodward just south of Capital One Cafe is finally being filled with Experience Zuzu and Upstairs Bar. "Prime real-estate" on Woodward that only took 3-4 years to fill.

https://detroit.eater.com/2023/4/17/23687053/new-asian-restaurant-anime-themed-bar-downtown-developments-ami
    Is this Asian Village 2.0?

Experience Zuzu will operate on the ground floor of the 30,000-square-foot building. The restaurant will feature hand-rolled sushi, appetizers, wok-fired specialties and dishes cooked in a charcoal oven and wood-fired grill. Along with a full bar, Experience Zuzu will offer customer-designed cocktails, bottle service and a selection of sake, sparkling wine and Champagne, and wine. Experience Zuzu, designed with restaurants in Las Vegas and Miami in mind, will also feature a ground floor patio on Woodward Avenue.

Upstairs Bar, on the second floor of 511 Woodward, is billed as a luxurious lounge and club. It will offer craft cocktails, small plates and a selection of sushi rolls. Upstairs Bar will feature music from a variety of DJs. The aesthetic, according to a news release, melds Detroit's distinctive techno sound with Japan's colorful anime.
    source

You know what happen to the last Asian Village!

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3286...7i16384!8i8192

An instant failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

An instant failure!
    That Asian Village was on the Riverfront which was still not developed as it is today. There weren't much foot traffic after 6pm weekdays along the Riverfront to support it as the current foot traffic on Woodward.

An instant failure!
    LOL I recall. When they started doing the nightclub thing it was hot for a min. Many of the lions players, at the time, were known to hang out there.

https://youtu.be/hcYtX_OtwCU

I thought that Rhianna's hosiery shop was to open by now. Did the plan fell through?

Could it finally be happening?!?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...rd-storefronts

"Dan Gilbert's Detroit-based real estate company is trying to put the Cupertino, Calif.-based tech giant into the three recently-vacated retail spaces immediately north of the Shinola Hotel, according to two people familiar with the matter."

"A marketing brochure for Gilbert's Ally Detroit Center office tower downtown by Farmington Hills-based Friedman Real Estate features a map of downtown with tenants identified. In the space where Le Labo, Détroit is the New Black and Madewell were located, it says "lease out" and "confidential."

Benji Rosenzweig, a retail expert who is vice president in the Royal Oak office of brokerage house Colliers International Inc., said the term "lease out" generally means that major terms between a landlord and prospective tenant have been agreed to and that attorneys are hammering out a few small details. The term typically means that both parties anticipate a lease to be signed imminently."

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Could it finally be happening?!?
    "
    Damn. I thought you meant the hosiery shop. Some day someone will explain to me why an Apple phone is any better than the $130 Samsung I own.
    Last edited by 401don; May-17-23 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Damn. I thought you meant the hosiery shop. Some day someone will explain to me why an Apple phone is any better than the $130 Samsung I own.
    I have a Samsung as well, wouldn't switch to Apple myself, but I think a new apple store is a better omen than a new Samsung [[?) store.

I have a Samsung as well, wouldn't switch to Apple myself, but I think a new apple store is a better omen than a new Samsung [[?) store.
    I was being facetious. Of course it's great for downtown. I assume most people buy it because of that "it's supposed to be the best and it's just a monthly payment" attitude a lot of people have.

Gilbert town Detroit getting an Apple Store. Good luck with that.

Gilbert town Detroit getting an Apple Store. Good luck with that.
    Has it been confirmed

Not confirmed but seems inevitable, according to Crain's.

Weirdly snide comment above aside, getting an Apple store is like the final boss of this forum, right? How long have people been talking about the ever elusive downtown Apple Store here? 15 years?

I think Lowell should pop a bottle of champagne tonight and celebrate the culmination of what feels like thousands of posts hoping, wishing, praying and dreaming about an Apple Store on Woodward. In fact, it feels strange for this news to quietly break on this nondescript thread and not one of the original threads.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post

Weirdly snide comment above aside, getting an Apple store is like the final boss of this forum, right? How long have people been talking about the ever elusive downtown Apple Store here? 15 years?

I think Lowell should pop a bottle of champagne tonight and celebrate the culmination of what feels like thousands of posts hoping, wishing, praying and dreaming about an Apple Store on Woodward. In fact, it feels strange for this news to quietly break on this nondescript thread and not one of the original threads.
    The article doesn't say it's inevitable but does cite low foot traffic on Woodward when compared to typical Apple Store locations which occupy some of the highest value retail districts and shopping malls in the world.

Gucci, H&M and other recent openings likely help the business case, if they can survive.

The Hudson's site should also help with daily footfall, so maybe an opening could coincide to create the long promised "big bang."
    Last edited by casscorridor; May-18-23 at 04:30 PM.

Let's not get carried away. It's not a Cheesecake Factory!

There is a considerable amount of foot traffic to support an Apple Store. The more chain store on Woodward the more foot traffic will increase. My biggest concern is the opening if Apple being pushed back such as Rhiannas Fenty X had been pushed back almost 2 years with no news of opening

What is the status of the retail promenade in the Guardian Building? We went in there at about 4pm and everything was closed and dark. Even the coffee shop which google lists hours until 5pm was closed. The former Pure Detroit looked papered over. Didn't bother to stick around after that as it felt like we were not even supposed to be in that space anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    What is the status of the retail promenade in the Guardian Building? We went in there at about 4pm and everything was closed and dark. Even the coffee shop which google lists hours until 5pm was closed. The former Pure Detroit looked papered over. Didn't bother to stick around after that as it felt like we were not even supposed to be in that space anymore.
    Wayne County has done a terrible job keeping that space active. The outright rude front desk staff I've encountered my last 2 times in the building I'm sure doesn't help either.

I thought that Great Lakes coffee had set up shop in there. The spot had been underutilized since Covid started in 2020. However buildings owned by any government are always underutilized. The former G.M. Headquarters is another example. The State and a few other offices occupy that whole complex with the rest is empty spaces that could be used for restaurants, cafes, shopping, and possibly a small G.M. Museum displaying classic cars

I work in the guardian building and the restaurants in the building are open, but only during business hours. The crazy gringo is only open Tuesday- Thursdayish, the new coffee shop is an off shoot of James Oliver from Michigan Ave and only open Monday-Fridays 8-2, the gift/tour shop will open memorial weekend.
    the problem is a lot of weddings take place on the weekends so it’s not worth it to open.
    trust me I’ve asked, but it’s just to slow to pay staff in those places.

Crain reported that Le Labo is reopening in one of the empty storefronts on the Z Garage on the Library Streer side

Any new retail coming to Downtown Detroit? What is the status of Savage X Fenty?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDapperMaleDetroit View Post
    Any new retail coming to Downtown Detroit? What is the status of Savage X Fenty?
    Their site had not commented. Crickets. However, The Lip Bar that is probably sharing some of tge same spot will be open soon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDapperMaleDetroit View Post
    No movement whatsoever. Still an empty space behind the glass, as can be seen though the back door in Parkers Alley. Why make the announcement, then not actually deliver on the store? Would have been easier to just say no to leasing the space.
    Last edited by K-slice; August-21-23 at 03:49 PM.

No movement whatsoever. Still an empty space behind the glass, as can be seen though the back door in Parkers Alley. Why make the announcement, then not actually deliver on the store? Would have been easier to just say no to leasing the space.
    It's been reported that Rhianna had sold off part of her company. I don't jniw if that has anything to do with the delayed opening or not. The Peach Cobbler Factory is another one that had stalled

I am still waiting for Milano Bakery to reopen it's cafeteria. It had closed this past January without explanation

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast