Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

I noticed work is being done inside the former Under Armour storefront. Does anyone know what is being planned for that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    The new Apple Store needed all 3 storefronts in the building.
    If Gilberttown Detroit is getting an Apple Store, I will say YAY! and folks better have tightened security to prevent the smash and grabbers and gang of thieves Like these one in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satuQvosK4Y

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If Gilberttown Detroit is getting an Apple Store, I will say YAY! and folks better have tightened security to prevent the smash and grabbers and gang of thieves Like these one in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satuQvosK4Y
    Might hire an off duty cop as security or have tracking devices on the floor models

Gucci has its "coming soon" signage up on Library street. If this level of prestige retail is coming to Downtown Detroit, I would not be surprised at all if an Apple Store is next.

Looks like The Peterboro in Detroit's Chinatown is closing.

^ Oh no! I like Chinese and wanted to check them out. Prices seemed high but I cannot speak on how their food was.

Peterboro is a tough loss. I liked everything I tried there but the duck fried rice was out of this world amazing!

By the way the Detroit City Football Club, Detroit's only winning professional sports team, just opened a retail space in what used to be the Detroit Bikes storefront in Capital Park. They sell team apparel and accessories as well as game tickets. It's a big step in making the brand more visible around town.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Looks like The Peterboro in Detroit's Chinatown is closing.
    The Peterboro is closing for the rest of the summer for renovations and will reopen in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Peterboro is a tough loss. I liked everything I tried there but the duck fried rice was out of this world amazing!

By the way the Detroit City Football Club, Detroit's only winning professional sports team, just opened a retail space in what used to be the Detroit Bikes storefront in Capital Park. They sell team apparel and accessories as well as game tickets. It's a big step in making the brand more visible around town.
    I wonder why Detroit Bikes didn't make it in that location. Downtown Detroit is a bike shop desert with the exception of The Wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder why Detroit Bikes didn't make it in that location. Downtown Detroit is a bike shop desert with the exception of The Wheelhouse.
    They were sold.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...up/6601505001/

I noticed work is being done inside the former Under Armour storefront. Does anyone know what is being planned for that spot?
    Walked by the store this morning, but looks like some conference tables, chairs, and some monitors were setup and not sure if this is temporary or permanent. I think on the window it said something along the lines of Xhouse [[Academy?) World Tour 7/26. Didn't quite read the whole thing.

Does anyone have word on exactly when the Gucci store is set to open? Summer is almost over.

Retail in Detroit sometimes moves at a snail's pace, but these are what I know so far:

Gucci - Do see construction crews working on it, but no opening date official announcement

Sugar Factory - Was suppose to open in spring, but looks like construction crew is working on it

Rihanna's Savage X Fenty - Initially saw some construction crew so likely still under construction

Jojo's Shake Shack - Was to open summer, initially saw some construction crew so also likely still under construction

Peach Cobbler Factory - Not sure about this one doesn't look like the windows are fully covered

Sahara Restaurant & Grill - Not sure about this one either but signs are up, but windows are still covered

Below are rumored so take with grain of salt:

Le Labo - Madewell - Detroit is the New Black: Rumored as a Apple store, no updates but do see construction crew in and out of those buildings

Hollister - Was based on a job opening, no updates since then

Busch's - Was based on a job opening, no updates since then

Trader Joe's - From Reddit from a conference about a Midtown location, no update since then

It seems the Trader Joe's location fell apart? Hopefully they find a new spot.

Retail in Detroit sometimes moves at a snail's pace, but these are what I know so far:

Gucci - Do see construction crews working on it, but no opening date official announcement

Sugar Factory - Was suppose to open in spring, but looks like construction crew is working on it

Rihanna's Savage X Fenty - Initially saw some construction crew so likely still under construction

Jojo's Shake Shack - Was to open summer, initially saw some construction crew so also likely still under construction

Peach Cobbler Factory - Not sure about this one doesn't look like the windows are fully covered

Sahara Restaurant & Grill - Not sure about this one either but signs are up, but windows are still covered

Below are rumored so take with grain of salt:

Le Labo - Madewell - Detroit is the New Black: Rumored as a Apple store, no updates but do see construction crew in and out of those buildings

Hollister - Was based on a job opening, no updates since then

Busch's - Was based on a job opening, no updates since then

Trader Joe's - From Reddit from a conference about a Midtown location, no update since then
    I'm wondering what contractor does these construction crews work under. Are they the same people?

I'm wondering what contractor does these construction crews work under. Are they the same people?
    Yes, that way the kickback payments are streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Yes, that way the kickback payments are streamlined.
    You had said it. I didnt. Lol. I would go on the limb by saying this is probably why that new retail dont open at the set time but months later. They, I was told by a few retail managers, have to wait on city inspectors to give the nod to move on to the next phase of building out or given the green light to finally open. Whe retail say that they are going to open in the summer they probably wouldnt be able to open until around the last days of summer which is in later September. I know their are those on here [[ probably have ties with city government) will say that this is crazy consiracy talk

Looks like we finally got an opening date for the Sugar Factory for Aug. 29th:

Attachment 42245

Looks like we finally got an opening date for the Sugar Factory for Aug. 29th:

Attachment 42245
    I wonder when the Gucci store is set to open

I wonder when the Gucci store is set to open
    This was posted on reddit like maybe 15 minutes ago but Gucci signs are placed above the entrance so hopefully soon?

Attachment 42246

Looks like McMullen Boutique from Oakland [[CA not County) is opening Sept. 16th for 6 months at 1419 Woodward next to Bonobos where Dose Detroit was. Kind of wish we had more permanent retail, but at least is something that fills up a space along Woodward for now.

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/oakland-mcmullen-boutique-is-popping-up-in-detroit-1235300266/

Had Target didn't wait on the supposed connected condo to be built would had been almost ready to open had it been a stand alone building

Had Target didn't wait on the supposed connected condo to be built would had been almost ready to open had it been a stand alone building
    Based on the floor plans it looks like Target is a separate building but might be connected to the apartments by elevators. Not sure how how they plan to do construction like whether or not they plan to build the Target section and open that up first or build entire complex before opening Target, etc. Project was suppose to break ground Q3 this year but hasn’t yet started. The street between City Club and AC Hotel looks to be under construction. Hopefully those projects start soon and hopefully we can have Target within a year rather than waiting like 4 years before getting a Target. I think in October will be 1 year since Target made an announcement on opening a location in Midtown Detroit, but yea probably could’ve had a Target instead of a vacant lot by now if they were to start construction soon after announcement.

Based on the floor plans it looks like Target is a separate building but might be connected to the apartments by elevators. Not sure how how they plan to do construction like whether or not they plan to build the Target section and open that up first or build entire complex before opening Target, etc. Project was suppose to break ground Q3 this year but hasn’t yet started. The street between City Club and AC Hotel looks to be under construction. Hopefully those projects start soon and hopefully we can have Target within a year rather than waiting like 4 years before getting a Target. I think in October will be 1 year since Target made an announcement on opening a location in Midtown Detroit, but yea probably could’ve had a Target instead of a vacant lot by now if they were to start construction soon after announcement.
    Maybe Dennis Archer Jr group need to take over this project as they had done Rivertown Market project and say " screw waiting on a condo just to build a grocery store on the main floor Just build the grocery store anyway". It's a shame that there are no linen stores or stores such as Bed. Bath, and Beyond in the downtown midtown area that sells bath, kitchen, and bedroom accessories. Gu ci and a sweet factory are ok but let's have some basic needs stores in the downtown midtown area

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast