Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Maybe Dennis Archer Jr group need to take over this project as they had done Rivertown Market project and say " screw waiting on a condo just to build a grocery store on the main floor Just build the grocery store anyway". It's a shame that there are no linen stores or stores such as Bed. Bath, and Beyond in the downtown midtown area that sells bath, kitchen, and bedroom accessories. Gu ci and a sweet factory are ok but let's have some basic needs stores in the downtown midtown area
    You might want to pick another example since BB & B is on the verge of bankruptcy.

The Sugar Factory had postponed its scheduled opening today due to, as in Detroit fashion, management had just started their interview process starting today. The opening date is not clear and hasnt been set

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    That strip has a lot of potential, shame to see one of the pioneers closing their doors.

Maybe it was the stupid name that did ‘em in

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Maybe it was the stupid name that did ‘em in

Yes, well, Eastern Bunny might have given it more mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    That strip has a lot of potential, shame to see one of the pioneers closing their doors.
    Expect more closings across greater Downtown. Both the cost doing business and the cost of living are increasing. And one of the first things people start cutting back on when their cost of living increases is eating out.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, well, Eastern Bunny might have given it more mileage.

How about Honey Bunny? A Pulp Fiction type theme.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Bunny Bunny will be sorely missed, though I suspect the space will evolve, due to the success of the various pop-up kitchens presented there in tandem with the popular Collect Bar upstairs.

The Atlas building was just renovated, new cafe going up on the corner under Transmat. Flowers for Dreams, Trinosophes, Peoples Records, Collect, always busy. I would not spell doom for Service Street, fka Techno Boulevard, any time soon.

Looks like JoJo’s Shake Bar is opening Sept. 24th

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/2022/09/12/jojos-shake-bar-detroit-biggie-shakes-open/69486658007/

Also didn’t realize that Urban Ramen closed until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    Bunny Bunny will be sorely missed, though I suspect the space will evolve, due to the success of the various pop-up kitchens presented there in tandem with the popular Collect Bar upstairs.

The Atlas building was just renovated, new cafe going up on the corner under Transmat. Flowers for Dreams, Trinosophes, Peoples Records, Collect, always busy. I would not spell doom for Service Street, fka Techno Boulevard, any time soon.
    What will be the name of the new cafe

Target should go ahead a build a store in Detroit without waiting on some connecting condo to be constructed in front of it. There is no word, as I had predicted, when the construction of this condo is set to begin. Had Target set out to build its store it probably would had been open in time for the Christmas season

Looks like JoJo’s Shake Bar is opening Sept. 24th

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/2022/09/12/jojos-shake-bar-detroit-biggie-shakes-open/69486658007/

Also didn’t realize that Urban Ramen closed until recently.
    Too bad thet they will miss the Auto Show crowd

Too bad thet they will miss the Auto Show crowd
    The alley is not exactly "activated". I've been in the M Den store on weekends twice and was the only one there both times. Of course, the tiny Comerica Park crowds aren't helping. Not sure how much Fox/concert/Wings crowds will help it. It doesn't sound like a destination place like the Sugar Factory is hoping to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    How about Honey Bunny? A Pulp Fiction type theme.

Yes, that’s another funny bunny idea that would do well.
    That puts us in that Playboy club category right there. Remember when there were Playboy clubs in all the big cities?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, that's another funny bunny idea that would do well.
    That puts us in that Playboy club category right there. Remember when there were Playboy clubs in all the big cities?

No, but I do remember the one in Detroit somewhere near 8 Mile & James Couzens Hwy. The only thing I recall about Montreal is dancing in a discothèque in 67. Waaaay before the disco craze hit in the 70s.

No, but I do remember the one in Detroit somewhere near 8 Mile & James Couzens Hwy. The only thing I recall about Montreal is dancing in a discothèque in 67. Waaaay before the disco craze hit in the 70s.

I was only six at that time, so all I got to appreciate was the mini-skirt from my point of view!

Why are people allowed to loiter outside the CVS at Campus Martius on Woodward harassing people as they go in and come out. One guy even has a chair set up outside the door so that he could sit there everyday and harassing people. Where is Dan Gilbert's security or the police

Why are people allowed to loiter outside the CVS at Campus Martius on Woodward harassing people as they go in and come out. One guy even has a chair set up outside the door so that he could sit there everyday and harassing people. Where is Dan Gilbert's security or the police
    Because sidewalks are public property and they’re not doing anything illegal. The police can’t trespass them like they would if they were in the store.

I’ve never heard of them harassing anyone either. All they do is ask for money. Just say no and keep walking.
    Last edited by NSortzi; September-20-22 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Because sidewalks are public property and they’re not doing anything illegal. The police can’t trespass them like they would if they were in the store.

I’ve never heard of them harassing anyone either. All they do is ask for money. Just say no and keep walking.
    New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem

[QUOTE=stasu1213;628390]New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem[/QUOTE

That's because 9 million people live in NYC. Where are they supposed to walk? In the street?

[QUOTE=Former_Detroiter;628392]
    New York had gotten rid of the loitering in front of businesses problem[/QUOTE

That's because 9 million people live in NYC. Where are they supposed to walk? In the street?
    Panhandle are not to stand in doorways or in front of any establishment in New York or Chicago and harass customers. Sure they may do it away from the business but not right in front of the doorway.

[QUOTE=stasu1213;628405]
    Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Panhandle are not to stand in doorways or in front of any establishment in New York or Chicago and harass customers. Sure they may do it away from the business but not right in front of the doorway.
    Asking for money is not harassment. It may be annoying, but it is not harassment.

This was the old playboy club on the Lodge service drive just south of 8 mile
    Name:  Playboy Club.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  58.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
    This was the old playboy club on the Lodge service drive just south of 8 mile
    Name:  Playboy Club.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  58.6 KB
    It's hard to see that sign but the middle line says it's a Baptist church. LOL! "All are welcome."

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast