Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by djtomt View Post
    One of the craziest things [[to me) of the pandemic was realizing how many people still depend on school lunches. I thought that was a relic of the past. Turns out, I was dead wrong. Unbelievable to me, especially given the garbage that these lunch programs are feeding kids. 1 step above prison food, or hospital food.

On another note, I went to school in Canada. Brown bagged it every day, everyone did. Trading lunch food was fun!
    Of course Richard didn't say Federal gov't school lunch program. He simply said government program, which is like saying Canada doesn't have universal health care because the provinces each have their own program. Anyway, like most on here I'll stop arguing with someone who twists every word and phrase to suit him.
    Regarding school lunch program nutrition, Michelle Obama worked to improve the nutrition, which of course is enviable, but they did find most kids just didn't eat it and it was wasted. You need to educate kids about nutrition starting in 1st grade and hope they start wanting it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You need to educate kids about nutrition starting in 1st grade and hope they start wanting it I guess.
    That’s putting the carriage before the horse. Sadly it’s their parents who need the education.

Yes! Children eating well needs to start at toddler age, per what parents feed them! And saying NO on the junk!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    That’s putting the carriage before the horse. Sadly it’s their parents who need the education.