Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Post that are not permitted in the Discuss Detroit or Chit Chat Room Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    You're welcome. Constructing 'The Big Lift' took twenty years, in addition to an untold number of years planning and designing it. The original pumps were Westinghouse made domestically, but are being replaced by Hitachi because neoliberalism killed our industrial base. I'm out of room to post more photos, but see this link for a graph of the climate change timeline. The moral of the story being that big infrastructure projects require wisdom to plan ahead, as in the children's fable of the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, among the first stories I remember from childhood.

2ddfdc387493985a918b842ce02a7e35.jpg [[1024×1024) [[pinimg.com)
    Try looking at some real world statistics sometime instead or myths and fairytales.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta...h=12d4551053a5

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Try looking at some real world statistics sometime instead or myths and fairytales.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta...h=12d4551053a5
    Forbes? LOL!

And it's an opinion by a former contributor from 6 yrs ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Forbes? LOL!

The Forbes article cited was an "opinion" piece written by a "former contributor" as stated under the headline, along with "Opinions expressed by Forbes contributors are their own."

Just below that the author, James Taylor, states "I am the president of the Spark of Freedom Foundation", whose sole purpose is to influence energy policy, and who are funded largely by the fracking industry. He is also president of the Heartland Institute, whose main focus is to deny evidence human activity contributes to climate change. Unsurprisingly, they're funded by ExxonMobil, the Koch Brother{s}, and other big corps in oil and gas industries.

Meanwhile, check out some of the other articles Forbes has published about global warming, many also "opinion" pieces:

https://www.google.com/search?client...e%3Aforbes.com

Cherry pick much?

Hopefully we can agree Science magazine is a much more reputable source of facts about science.

Speaking of climate deniers, here's what they say about James Taylor and more specifically the Heartland Institute he leads:

Prominent U.S. climate denial group fires president amid financial crisis
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...nancial-crisis

BTW, there've been many more than usual extreme weather events lately, haven't there?
    Last edited by bust; July-16-21 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    ...funding largely by the fracking industry.
    Frack him

Lots of snarky criticism but no facts rebuttal!

Not worth it.
    Besides there are plenty of better sources than some anonymous guy on a discussion forum -- yourself and myself included. Like the ones I linked to.
    Last edited by bust; July-16-21 at 06:15 PM.

OK, I'll bite.

Attached is a peer reviewed article from the National Academy of Science on the effect of fossil fuel burning on climate and public health.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/15/7192

I'd like to see your response from a comparable source. Remember, Fox News, Wing Nut Press, and the QAnon Journal of Climate Change Conspiracies don't count.

It still amazes me that nimrods like you have such contempt for science and education. If the evidence doesn't support your beliefs, you just make sh_t up.

Remember the claim:
    "Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!"

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    OK, I'll bite.

Attached is a peer reviewed article from the National Academy of Science on the effect of fossil fuel burning on climate and public health.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/15/7192

I'd like to see your response from a comparable source. Remember, Fox News, Wing Nut Press, and the QAnon Journal of Climate Change Conspiracies don't count.

It still amazes me that nimrods like you have such contempt for science and education. If the evidence doesn't support your beliefs, you just make sh_t up.

Remember the claim:
    "Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!"

Who made you king and said your news is the only news and anything contrary doesn’t count.

Pages could be written about all the so called conspiracy theories in the last year that are now being proved to be the real truth all along.

Get you head out and quit spewing liberal media bias with fact checking by 12 year olds.