Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL! Oh yeah that utopia of transpo!
    Oh like the utopia that the automobile gave Detroit? Shitty roads, shitty drivers, shitty politics that has obstructed decent mass transit for this region. I mean the utopic vision is much more realized under the car than under mass transit. "Cars are better. Cars are 'safer'. My freedums are threatened if anyone tries to build mass transit. And if you don't like it, LEAVE! tHiS iS DeTrOiT" ASK NEW YORKERS?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sounds like someone has never actually met any New Yorkers.

This city is awash in its own sinful pride and your post makes that perfectly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Oh like the utopia that the automobile gave Detroit? Shitty roads, shitty drivers, shitty politics that has obstructed decent mass transit for this region. I mean the utopic vision is much more realized under the car than under mass transit. "Cars are better. Cars are 'safer'. My freedums are threatened if anyone tries to build mass transit. And if you don't like it, LEAVE! tHiS iS DeTrOiT" ASK NEW YORKERS?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sounds like someone has never actually met any New Yorkers.

This city is awash in its own sinful pride and your post makes that perfectly clear.
    Detroit just will not be a mass transit town. I guess it was at one time, sort of, but that was over by the late 50's. Trying to turn it into a mass transit town at this point, seems to me like putting a round peg in a square hole. I suppose it's possible, but it ain't happening.

Umm, eh - I really did not say ALL of that! So I guess I'll take your comment as a broad statement towards, well... I even mentioned that I'm very careful driving considering the increased mania and violence on the roads.

Nothing is a UTOPIA: Mass or cars. Violence seems to be trickling down for many reasons. I've traveled, have friends/ family in New York and elsewhere. Relative to pride and sin - well is who 100% perfect? And well that would be a whole 'nuther thread. Me? I drive my car - that I can afford/ insure; mind my business, give the ultra-fast and rage maniacs their space on to my destination. If that's awash of something 'additional' sorry I didn't get that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; July-12-21 at 11:33 AM.

Nothing is a UTOPIA:
    You're right nothing is utopia. Utopia is totalitarian. But you just tried to argue that I'm pushing "utopia" because I support mass transit. When in reality, the "urban" utopia of car ownership was the vision being pushed by auto companies at the advent of mass car ownership [[post-Model T) and in the post-WW2 suburban boom. When really all pro-transit people are calling for is an equitable investment in mass transit in relation to investment in auto infrastructure, whose utopic vision has never been realized. The totalitarian view, I would argue, only comes from people [[i.e. Macomb County) who decry any further investment in mass transit here in Detroit because of some antiquated notion around cars and how much they prefer it. I don't give a rats ass about your preference. I prefer the car to transit sometimes too, but that doesn't mean I can't see the greater value mass transit has in the urban landscape compared to the car.

^ Ok. And in the context of both existing [the mass and car option], and functioning we need to find out why civility therin is on the decline! And work towards solving that in a non-totalitarian manner.

^ Ok. And in the context of both existing [the mass and car option], and functioning we need to find out why civility therin is on the decline! And work towards solving that in a non-totalitarian manner.

I say we either solve it or we don't.