Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Raining in Detroit - Expressways and Homes Flooded

I don't recall the last time I've seen a weather line up like this. Add in yesterday and it's nine days.
    Name:  Detroit Weather.png
Views: 3757
Size:  45.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I don't recall the last time I've seen a line up like this. Add in yesterday and it's nine days.
    Name:  Detroit Weather.png
Views: 3757
Size:  45.3 KB
    Last I checked, this is much needed rain for Detroit too.

Name:  drought.jpg
Views: 3788
Size:  57.9 KB

Wave after wave... 2-5" over next seven days.
    Name:  waves.jpg
Views: 3809
Size:  77.0 KB

We got about 6" of rain in 2020. It rained yesterday, first time in about 6 weeks, maybe 0.2".

I think we already received way over the two inches if my very sophisticated rain gauge [[old soup can held in place by bricks) is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think we already received way over the two inches if my very sophisticated rain gauge [[old soup can held in place by bricks) is accurate.

I think you're going to need a taller can.

This just popped up on my Facebook feed as a share:
    Lowell Boileau
    "When the expressway age arrived, and Detroit carved up its metro to accommodate the new routes, it was determined to place large sections of them below ground level. It had the benefit of neighborhood noise reduction and visual advantages--out of sight, out of sound. Sadly the drainage solution in downpour situations has never been adequate as has been shown once again this week as over a thousand vehicles were reported submerged in flooded expressways."

I've been outed. So here are the details:

"Sundown" | Acrylic on Canvas MicroPointillist | 60x48 inches | 150 x 120 cm | Collection of Henry Ford Hospital System | Lowell Boileau 1989

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This just popped up on my Facebook feed as a share:
    Lowell Boileau
    "When the expressway age arrived, and Detroit carved up its metro to accommodate the new routes, it was determined to place large sections of them below ground level. It had the benefit of neighborhood noise reduction and visual advantages--out of sight, out of sound. Sadly the drainage solution in downpour situations has never been adequate as has been shown once again this week as over a thousand vehicles were reported submerged in flooded expressways."

I have built my ark ya'll. High and dry up here.

Did everyone start building their arks? The Biblical Flood has returned.

Most basements are being turned into cesspools.
    Last edited by Danny; July-16-21 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Did everyone start building their arks? The Biblical Flood has returned.
    And remember to take a pair of camels because they will be needed in the Desert Southwest.

Get used to act of God and global climate change. Because they will be more storms on the way.

13. Default

Downriver flooding:

Yikes! So far in 2022 rainfall has been pretty mild. We'll have to see how long it will last. Good to see that some of the homes in low lying areas of Dearborn Heights have been bought up by their city.

I don't understand how we were ever in a drought, it's been raining consistently since spring. I've never had to even water my tomatoes because it's always rained every other day.

More rain coming to Michigan today means less drought tomorrow. Thank you Lord for bringing the rain.

Got about a tenth of an inch yesterday in Las Vegas. We're 1.2 inches below normal right now, but we only get 4.3 inches per year on average.

^^^ "Double" L[O]L Honky T! Indeed... what a mess!

Not a laughing matter for those with flooded basements and ruined vehicles. I wonder how Ferndale and Oak Park are fairing?

Hundreds of calls of flooding cars on freeways
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/hun...troit-freeways

Widespread flooding reported...
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...metro-detroit/

...Up to 4 inches of rain soaks streets and basements
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ds/5654013002/

https://twitter.com/AustinIkechi/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-26-21 at 07:00 AM.

Conner Creek pumping station quit working according to Channel 2 which is what has doomed the East side to flooding

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Conner Creek pumping station quit working according to Channel 2 which is what has doomed the East side to flooding
    Apparently, pumps failed all around but mostly in Wayne County. Who's the official responsible for maintaining the pumping stations?

From one of Zacha341's links above.

"The problems stretch beyond the freeways, however. A Detroit firefighter told FOX 2's Amy Lange that most roads in the city are impassable and that every fire company has been out all night responding calls.

"The firefighter said there are probably 1,000 cars underwater and two fire engines had to be towed from the flooding."

Live Traffic map from just now.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 10.44.29 AM.jpg
Views: 3734
Size:  158.5 KB

I’ll take some.

Senate Theater has 7 feet of water in the basement affecting the new boilers for the heating system and the blower for the organ. Does any one have a gas pump they can use?

I've hit my limit on image uploads, but if you can find the radar storm precipitation total online, it's amazing how narrow and concentrated the precipitation swath is. A range of 5 or more inches squeezed between I-94 and the river, from Livernois to downtown to the Pointes and out into Lake St Clair.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I've hit my limit on image uploads.
    Mikem... been there done that. Send a Message to Lowell, and he will gladly up your personal size limit for images.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast