Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I'd have no problem raising kids say here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4309752,-83.1359388,3a,75y,21.19h,79.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saHh4uWJRgH-SLg6_zrhQVA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Looks like a lovely place, and the housing quality is 100x better than anything you will find in the suburbs. But according to the doc it's the 7 mile no-go zone. lol

Just to show you how badly the housing stock falls off a cliff north of 8 mile here is Ferndale https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4476...7i16384!8i8192

These are pathetic stick shacks!

Nice use of a logical fallacy to try to divert attention of the discussion of 7 Mile Road, by throwing the suburbs into the argument. Pointless.

And as for your "pathetic stick shacks"... have you checked the price on those?

https://www.thetwinsteam.com/results...xoCcj8QAvD_BwE

These are pathetic stick shacks!
    I know right? Only dirty poor people would live there. What hovels.

I'm assuming you didn't swing the camera around and see the beautiful four-square bungalow.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I know right? Only dirty poor people would live there. What hovels.

I'm assuming you didn't swing the camera around and see the beautiful four-square bungalow.
    The housing quality is significantly reduced is the point, night and day difference. The supposed no-go zone is way better than what is directly north of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Nice use of a logical fallacy to try to divert attention of the discussion of 7 Mile Road, by throwing the suburbs into the argument. Pointless.

And as for your "pathetic stick shacks"... have you checked the price on those?

https://www.thetwinsteam.com/results...xoCcj8QAvD_BwE
    The doc mentions the suburbs in the very intro and then proceeds to pick on 7 mile. It's relevant.

IDK what price has to do with anything, a shack is a shack regardless.

The supposed no-go zone is way better than what is directly north of it.
    Hell no, I won’t go to either locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Hell no, I won’t go to either locale.

You wont go to Ferndale or University district? lmfao how clownish to brazenly admit something so stupid. Really embarrassing for you.

Weren't you just making up things about police presence? How would you even know if you never went there?
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-22-21 at 12:14 PM.

I grew up in one of those "pathetic stick shacks" near 7 and Kelly. Pretty f'ing nice shack. I live in one now near 14 and Livernois. Like this one too

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I grew up in one of those "pathetic stick shacks" near 7 and Kelly. Pretty f'ing nice shack. I live in one now near 14 and Livernois. Like this one too
    lol you are all missing the point. I think we can all agree to the objective reality that brick English Tudor 1920's homes around 7 mile are of vastly superior quality to the Sears delivered wooden bungalows in Ferndale. That's just a fact.

The people of the last generation have shot themselves in the foot abandoning quality homes built to last with fantastic materials in favor of hastily built shoddy housing in the suburbs. It happened for no valid reason and to the detriment of us all.

I grew up in utterly crappy builder's special suburban housing in the exurbs, and I have no issue saying how absolute shit and pathetic it was. Those houses wont last, they already need significant repairs that are incredibly costly. Who is going to put that money into early 2000's crap quality housing? They wont, they'll just buy a new home. There's a catastrophe waiting. The inner suburbs are sustainable at least.

I would be much better off if white flight didn't happen and I grew up in the city. I regret that this has kinda derailed the thread.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-22-21 at 12:16 PM.

No, I think you're missing my point. I grew up in a asbestos sided bungalow built in 1941 during WWII out of what they had to build with and it's still standing today. I'm assuming that is what you are calling a stick shack. I loved that house; it was a home. And most of the houses in my section of that 7 and Kelly 'hood were asbestos bungalows.
    I now live on the other side of John R and live in an almost identical house that may not be brick but is still standing quite well, thank you,. One man's stick shack is another woman's well loved home.
    lol you are all missing the point. I think we can all agree to the objective reality that brick English Tudor 1920's homes around 7 mile are of vastly superior quality to the Sears delivered wooden bungalows in Ferndale. That's just a fact.

I would be much better off if white flight didn't happen and I grew up in the city. I regret that this has kinda derailed the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I loved that house; it was a home.
    Same here.

Buzzing about on street view without being robbed,both neighborhoods look well kept with pride of ownership evident,that is what matters and what keeps neighborhoods strong.

Big difference in living in a vintage house verses a soulless burban house built after 1980.

Actually I have done a lot of restoration work on Sears kit homes,the quality level is no different then any other home and if the kits were still offered today,it would probably solve a lot of housing issues.

But it is no different then today,some can afford granite while others cannot,I think the difference back then was people bought what they could afford and did not allow themselves to be owned by their house.
    Last edited by Richard; June-23-21 at 11:10 AM.

I agree with Richard's last paragraph. It seems that in the past people bought what they could afford and were more grateful for what they had. I grew up in a two family flat at Six and Gratiot built in 1927. We never thought we were deprived in any way. Eventually, the neighborhood changed and my older parents had to move away. I can still remember years after the move, my Mother lamenting several times how much she missed that house.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Gee Whalley, How's the crime situation in NY these days compared to when Giuliani was in office?
    At least one mob lawyer has been disbarred.
    Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in New York state - CNNPolitics

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Aww cut it out Whalley, quit giving Honky Tonk the business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2