Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    It's in the nature of suburbs, especially exurbs, to embrace government welfare when it's for them, willfully denying it for everyone else.
    Oh, please. Michigan homeowners pay a ridiculous amount of property tax, the least municipalities can do is patch side street potholes for them. The street vagrants turned The People Mover into The Mugger Mover and I'm sure they'd love a line that ran to the Pointes.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Oh, please. Michigan homeowners pay a ridiculous amount of property tax, the least municipalities can do is patch side street potholes for them. The street vagrants turned The People Mover into The Mugger Mover and I'm sure they'd love a line that ran to the Pointes.
    Living in the suburbs, I don't agree with Bust's post either, but your reply is a 30 year old slur, that may have its' roots not so much in anyone actually getting mugged [I've been on it 100 times since it opened, and never saw any problems], but it people STILL pissed off because CAY proposed it, and even though it was mostly funded by the Federal government with cost overruns... many suburbanites hated the fact that it was built at all, least of all by CAY.

If you look at the great reviews... I came across this one.... is this you?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Michigan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Lol, this right here is why transit won't happen in this region. Guessing Midnight Rambler is an old white guy living in the Pointes.

There are too many racist people still alive in the suburbs who think that their goal in life is to stop "those people" from having an easier time getting out to the 'burbs to terrorize all the nice law-abiding white folks. No other city in the world has had as much handed to it for transit as metro Detroit has and screwed it up so badly...talking about the almost-subway in the 20s, the world-class streetcars pre-50s, and the FTA transit funding debacle of the 80s.

Only when these racists die out or get so old that their rantings no longer garner any political clout can the region start to get a handle on its transportation issues, that most other cities had figured out by the 70s.