I live a few blocks from the brutalist site in question and I can see your vision for the neighborhood portion as well as the opening Brooklyn, but I would like to see the two office buildings renovated and used. Brutalism isn't my favorite, but it's definitely unique and worth preserving, or modifying if it's an improvement. I've often imagined the entire facade of the shorter building being affixed with hanging gardens, which would make it a landmark, beautify the neighborhood and clean some of that freeway-offramp air.

The next time you walk there, stop and listen to the expressway from Sixth in front of an open area and compare it to the sound when standing in the center of those buildings. They are *excellent* sound barriers. I live next to The Lodge and wish there was a building in the way to baffle sound from running down the rest of the block.

Once a neighborhood was established around these buildings, the ground floors could be renovated into retail space, which the neighborhood will need. Consider the Main Post Office, WCCCD, John King and Mudgie's/Playlot/DeanSavage, Greyhound and these two towers as the anchors of a residential neighborhood that doesn't exist yet.

I was also inspired by postmodern residential architecture I saw at the outskirts of Amsterdam, so I'd invite dense yet relaxed style I saw there, and would also welcome limiting cars and creating new smaller blocks and narrower streets, with standard streets kept as well to place car needs at the edges of the core.

Opening Brooklyn should coordinate with future greenway plans set to connect to the new section of Riverwalk South of the Post Office.